Manchester United

redrus

Read more at: http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_united/s/1584052_sir-alex-ferguson-defends-manchester-united-owners

Lost some respect for fergie after him coming out defending the Glazers, maybe because of his big fat pay cheque he picks up, Most reds remember Rock of gibraltar one of the main reasons the parasites took over our club.

What is other reds take on what he has said?

Read more at: http://menmedia.co.u...r-united-owners

Lost some respect for fergie after him coming out defending the Glazers, maybe because of his big fat pay cheque he picks up, Most reds remember Rock of gibraltar one of the main reasons the parasites took over our club.

I know you asked for Reds views but I will give you mine. Rock and hard place is where the manager is, when asked questions like that. It would be suicidal for him to speak out against them and so like the majority of people on the planet, he doesn't speak out against his pay masters. Absolutely nought wrong with that.

What I do hate is when he says things like "We can play 18-year-olds because it's part of our history," he added. "No other clubs can do that. City won't do it. They definitely won't play any young players who have come up through their system."

Comments like that always come back to haunt you, especially as everyone can see what investments we are making into the academy.

Nev

What he said is very true there have always been pockets of fans against certain activities and always will be,i think he is very clever when talking about his bosses and with the status he has at United he is also aware that him saying anything other than "they have been great" would cause massive problems at the club.

What he has said is true 4 Premier Leagues and a Champions League is not bad is it,i suppose the true effect will be known further down the line long after SAF has departed his position...

McManus and Magnier were shareholders Nev and sold them to Glazier....the horse and Magnier was a separate thing altogether.

Times change and the debt will have to be dealt with over the coming years.That is the thing all United fans are upset about and also the purchase of shares nobody wanted to get rid of...that's where shareholders United came in,but they will never be in the same league as these guys.The float will be very interesting WHEN/IF it happens!!

Edited by MrRed

Read more at: http://menmedia.co.u...r-united-owners

I know you asked for Reds views but I will give you mine. Rock and hard place is where the manager is, when asked questions like that. It would be suicidal for him to speak out against them and so like the majority of people on the planet, he doesn't speak out against his pay masters. Absolutely nought wrong with that.

What I do hate is when he says things like "We can play 18-year-olds because it's part of our history," he added. "No other clubs can do that. City won't do it. They definitely won't play any young players who have come up through their system."

Comments like that always come back to haunt you, especially as everyone can see what investments we are making into the academy.

Agree about the 18 year old comment there was no need to say that, but he could of at least had a dig at our owners, as in a roundabout way he was part of the reason they took over in the first place.

Nev

What he said is very true there have always been pockets of fans against certain activities and always will be,i think he is very clever when talking about his bosses and with the status he has at United he is also aware that him saying anything other than "they have been great" would cause massive problems at the club.

What he has said is true 4 Premier Leagues and a Champions League is not bad is it,i suppose the true effect will be known further down the line long after SAF has departed his position...

Maybe biting his tongue and the truth will come out in a massive pay cheque book when he retires.

• Like 1

Nev

Maybe biting his tongue and the truth will come out in a massive pay cheque book when he retires.

I think "the book" when its done in a few years will be a very interesting best seller! I'd also like to know the truth about Jaap Stam's departure.

He has already done one book remember and Stam upset him by publicly coming out and saying Fergie tapped him up at PSV.

At the time he had just come back from an achilles injury and we thought he had just lost a little bit. We got the offer from Lazio, £16.5m for a centre-back who was 29 years of age. It was an offer I couldn’t refuse. However, in playing terms it was a big mistake....Alex Ferguson.

Edited by MrRed

It is looking like we have Lucas Moura in our sights now.Very unusual for Fergie to say anything if the deal is not near done!

"Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed that Manchester United are in talks to sign the Brazil international from Sao Paulo."

That would be nice. smile.png

It is looking like we have Lucas Moura in our sights now.Very unusual for Fergie to say anything if the deal is not near done!

"Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed that Manchester United are in talks to sign the Brazil international from Sao Paulo."

Plays the same position as the sushi chef don't he ? Fergie wont pay more than 20m for him so i wouldn't get too excited.

SAF and Joey Barton....I'd love to see that. biggrin.png

Can't really imagine that, but would be funny. Barton will probably have a spell in the Thai Premier League before that happens.

Didn't Barton punch a kid in Thailand, when he was with Everton ?

Two separate incidents, with Ciddy I think. Stubbed a cigar out in a trainee's face and, punched a kid while on tour.

redrus

McManus and Magnier were shareholders Nev and sold them to Glazier....the horse and Magnier was a separate thing altogether.

Not true, Fergie took it right to wire about ownership rights of RoG until then, The Coolmore Mafia were not going to sell to the Glazers. Fergie royally pissed them off re RoG, they then changed tac and sold right up, I believe it was that share total that tipped the balance out of fans hands and, in to the Glazers.

This may be against popular opinion but, I never did go with that and, as much as I love him, ironically, I hold Fergie pretty much responsible for the take over....!!

redrus

• Like 1

Not true, Fergie took it right to wire about ownership rights of RoG until then, The Coolmore Mafia were not going to sell to the Glazers. Fergie royally pissed them off re RoG, they then changed tac and sold right up, I believe it was that share total that tipped the balance out of fans hands and, in to the Glazers.

This may be against popular opinion but, I never did go with that and, as much as I love him, ironically, I hold Fergie pretty much responsible for the take over....!!

redrus

Sorry rus but what makes you think they where not going to sell to the Glaziers anyway(or any other significant offer).......just because Fergie pissed them off over a horse? United became a business a long time ago and that is why we are now the biggest draw in football.

redrus

Sorry rus but what makes you think they where not going to sell to the Glaziers anyway(or any other significant offer).......just because Fergie pissed them off over a horse? United became a business a long time ago and that is why we are now the biggest draw in football.

Well not strictly true is it. You are the biggest draw in football AFTER Real Madrid and Barcelona......(and ofcourse that huge club Chelsea. Remember them, spent close to a billion on players but not buying successblink.png then beat bayern to win the CL for the first time playing a 1-9-1 formationermm.gif )

redrus

Well not strictly true is it. You are the biggest draw in football AFTER Real Madrid and Barcelona......(and ofcourse that huge club Chelsea. Remember them, spent close to a billion on players but not buying successblink.png then beat bayern to win the CL for the first time playing a 1-9-1 formationermm.gif )

Still not watched that final, on the farm alone today, do you think it would be safe to watch and not send me to sleep with all the chores i have to do laterbiggrin.png

Apart from the odd article about the possible share sale It's been quiet of late in the press about the Glaziers so it seems strange for SAF to come out with a strong quote backing them at this point in time......................unless it's got anything to do with him wanting to buy Lucas Moura, which is another story SAF has (unusually for him) gone public with.

By stating the Glaziers have always backed him, and with Sao Paulo reportedly saying Man U need to come up with 'just a little bit more', if we don't get Lucas because they won't come up with the extra (couple of million?) their fragile relationship with the fans could get a whole lot worse.

Or, of course, I could be barking totally up the wrong treesmile.png .

Plays the same position as the sushi chef don't he ? Fergie wont pay more than 20m for him so i wouldn't get too excited.

I told you to not get too excited

Sao Paulo insist that they have turned down an offer from Manchester United for Lucas Moura.

Edited by alfieconn

Sao Paulo insist that they have turned down an offer from Manchester United for Lucas Moura.

There is a reason his agent and him are stalling, because after 1st august there share goes up 10%, not as though we are going to get him or RVP or Modric or anyone else with high price tag, it is to boost the share sales coming up.

To be honest Alfie i don't think the position he plays in,is where we need to buy and it looks like they are holding out for another offer so if we get him then great! if we don't no worries he is an amazing talent wherever he goes in the future.

Ferguson never comes out and makes statements about players before we sign them so it is either a smokescreen or it is a done deal and terms will be sorted after the Olympics.

RVP is interesting a bit like Sheringham when we signed him and i really think he would only have 2/3 years(at his best) at United so for the money it is a gamble.

Modric please get him out of English football plus he is a nightmare.

Whatever happens this coming season it is important we don't have the injuries we had last year.Even without the addition of the two or three players that we have signed.... without the extent of injuries of last season we will still be up there at the top.

redrus

Yeah, not disagreeing with your points mate but, I am on that one just pointing out they (The Coolmore Mafia) had publicly stated at the time that they would not do business with "the Americans" then, suddenly, a massive change of heart after Fergie tries to humiliate them, in public too..... Sorry mate but, I think we would be in whole different situation had that RoG spat not happened, seriously.

redrus

To be honest Alfie i don't think the position he plays in,is where we need to buy and it looks like they are holding out for another offer so if we get him then great! if we don't no worries he is an amazing talent wherever he goes in the future.

Iv'e been telling you for a long time that you don't need any more attacking players, thats why i don't understand why you are getting so excited 40.gif

Excited? bah.gif

You don't want to see me excited mate.

You only get excited when we go our favourite watering hole laugh.png

It was very excitable last week mate ....they are just getting better thumbsup.gif

Rio Ferdinand charged by the (know) FA

Charged for repeating on Twitter that Ashley Cole is a choc Ice or, black on the outside, white on the inside.

John Terry will get off and, Rio will feel the force of the FA, again.

I'm sure the FA would have a field day in South Central LA telling the men of the area what they can and can't call each other.. Crack on I say, drop em all in Compton now...!!!!

redrus

• Like 1

Charged for repeating on Twitter that Ashley Cole is a choc Ice or, black on the outside, white on the inside.

I'm sure the FA would have a field day in South Central LA telling the men of the area what they can and can't call each other.. Crack on I say, drop em all in Compton now...!!!!

redrus

There is talk in the British press that Man United are interested in the "Choc-Ice"

Or is that only Mirror talk ?

redrus

There is talk in the British press that Man United are interested in the "Choc-Ice"

Or is that only Mirror talk ?

I think this is more than gossip as his best mate who has come out and said he would take a bullet for him, is at united.