Manchester United

redrus

What a sad and bitter post that is to be making over the festive period.

Yes, but not as sad as his behaviour over the festive season ! bitter about what ? having a senile old man running our club !

Our club? huh.png

Bitter about what? Dunno, you're the one drinking champagne over someone's death.

Yes, but not as sad as his behaviour over the festive season ! bitter about what ? having a senile old man running our club !

Our club? huh.png

Bitter about what? Dunno, you're the one drinking champagne over someone's death.

Ok, perhaps drinking champagne over someones death is a bit strong, make it a pint of lager !

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

Well done Man Utd a good game but we just could not hang on at the end for a point which would have been very welcome at the moment.

Playing Cisse and Ba together was quite a brave thing to do i thought and showed some guts, as did the effort your guys put in. Even pegged back to 3-3 with minutes to go, you never looked like shutting up shop. Respect.

• Like 1

Well done Man Utd a good game but we just could not hang on at the end for a point which would have been very welcome at the moment.

Playing Cisse and Ba together was quite a brave thing to do i thought and showed some guts, as did the effort your guys put in. Even pegged back to 3-3 with minutes to go, you never looked like shutting up shop. Respect.

Didn't you hammer the barcodes earlier in the season. He played Ba and Cisse together at Newcastle in a 4-4-2 and it was a disaster. i didn't see the game last night because i was working so i don't know what formation Pardew choose at OT.

Regardless of that they are too good a side for this poor run to carry on. I for one hope they start to improve to they should take a lot from that performance by all accounts.

Didn't you hammer the barcodes earlier in the season. He played Ba and Cisse together at Newcastle in a 4-4-2 and it was a disaster. i didn't see the game last night because i was working so i don't know what formation Pardew choose at OT.

Regardless of that they are too good a side for this poor run to carry on. I for one hope they start to improve to they should take a lot from that performance by all accounts.

We beat em 0-3 with goals from Evans and Evra, who funnily enough both also scored last night. Different side last night to that team though. Ba and Cisse both looked bright and dangerous. Guess it helped being such an open, back and forth, game.

As a measure of how good they were - and how shaky our defence was - going into the last ten minutes at 3-3, i was hoping we would score but i didn't want us to score until the last few minutes, because i didn't think we would be able to hold on if there was anything more than 5 minutes or so remaining. As it was, i got my wish and Hernandez slotted home on the 90th minute. Not good though is it, when you don't even feel confident of holding on with five minutes to go.

Cruel result on Newcastle. I agree, hope they find some form. Hope also they manage to hold onto their good players next month.

P.S. Working at 10pm on Boxing Day?! <deleted> is that all about mate?

Man United set to add £18m Dortmund hotshot Lewandowski to their ranks on five-year deal

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2GFPPOHj6

I don't understand SAF insatiable appetite for strikers. He's arguably got the best set of forwards in the league.

I would have thought that a real class act centre back and midfielder might be better right now.

Ya Ya would do a good job at Old Trafford. biggrin.png

Well exciting though that may have been, what a complete shambles it was too.

Fergie said post match that we showed wonderful Championship quality spirit. It's not quite how i would describe it! Letting in three goals at OT is a pretty sad indictment on the team, and it is hardly as if this is something new this season. We are leaking goals like they are going out of fashion. Yes we might be top of the table, but we're there due to scraping through half a season, and there is still half the season to go. We can't keep on playing this way. If we do, we are going to go through a run of games where we don't win 4-3, 5-4, but rather lose 3-4, 4-5. At this rate a seven point gap is going to be useless. We need like 20 points to stand a chance. Ridiculous.

And it wasn't only the defence that was out of sorts last night, all over the pitch we lacked craft, vision and creativity. Far too many misplaced passes and crosses. Slick one touch football seems a thing of the past right now. Most of our goals come from set pieces where we take advantage of goal mouth melees, slack defending and a bit of all important luck. We need to be able to score in open play too. Along with keeping clean sheets, it's a skill we seem to have lost.

De Gea can't seem to get through a game without doing something a bit daft. Palming the ball out straight towards a Newcastle player was one of his more costly blunders last night.

Rio lost his concentration a few times, as per usual. Scholes and Carrick guilty of that too.

Who actually played well? RVP was pretty sharp, and Evra was good too i thought - having been written off earlier in the season with the appearance of Butner, he really seems to be back to his best. Yes he still sometimes attacks at the expense of defending, but i think it is worth it with him. His attacks down the wing can really open things up.

As for the own goal, firstly have to say that SAF made a right royal tit of himself after half time with all that harranging of the ref and officials. Dean should have taken action against him, if for no other reason than to save him from himself.

The fact is, had the flag never gone up, everyone, including SAF, would have accepted it as an own goal. But as it did go up, it created all this fake hope that it wouldn't count. Daft.

There might of been a case for disallowing had the Newcastle player been tugging on Evans, but it was actually quite the opposite. I guess there is an argument that had the Newcastle player not been in front of Evans, Evans would not have needed to try and clear the ball, but whereas before it always used to be simply a case of whether the offside player is interfering with play, nowadays it seems to be more along the lines of the offside player actually either coming into contact with the ball or coming into contact with a player. All a bit confusing but at the end of day, with decisions that aren't clear cut like that, best to just accept what the ref decides and get on with the game.

On to the next game on Saturday... anybody know what is going on with the likes of Rooney, Welbeck, Young, Jones, Kagawa, Powell? How far away from playing? We could do with a lot of them, if not to start, at least to have on the bench. Cleverly was all we had in an attacking sense on it last night. Thought he did quite well when he came on, but we need more of a goal threat on the bench.

Rooney has ligament trouble behind his knee (3 weeks), Wellbeck was sick (uspecified) Young and Jones carying slight injuries,Kagawa not far away,Vidic some soreness in his knee which is to be expected. SAF seems to be holding Powell back and in fairness to him they have hardly been in a position to relax over the last few games always seem to be chasing the game,the kid is very good and obviously will be a starter in the FA Cup. While Scholes was quiet I thought Giggs had a good game as he did as a repacement in the previous game.

I fail to understand the offside rule and its interpretaion, any player standing close to the goalkeeper, in front of goal, must be "active" I would have thought

To be fair SS, Evans was less likely to want to smash the ball away if Cisses wasn't behind him ! but thats no excuse for Red nose to act like a ten year old retard, how i despise that man, if my old man behaved like that i would disown him or have him sectioned,still i suppose we can hope that he carries on like that,has a heart attack and dies, then i will get the champagne out, Happy days 4.gif

tasteless,bitter,ugly but what else would you expect from Mr Conn whose jealousy of anything related to Man United knows no bounds.

• Like 2

Fergie seems to have picked up the Wenger disease - too much focus on the front half of the field and bu$$er the defence. Like Wenger he seems prepared to suffer a clown in goal too, though I prefer our gobby clown to your timid shrew clown (who is looking every bit the least reliable stopper in the division).

Fergie seems to have picked up the Wenger disease - too much focus on the front half of the field and bu$$er the defence. Like Wenger he seems prepared to suffer a clown in goal too, though I prefer our gobby clown to your timid shrew clown (who is looking every bit the least reliable stopper in the division).

Mate our keeper will be spains number one in a few years time, he is young and still learning.

Fergie will cut him some slack, as the defenders in front of him are not giving him the cover they should, hopefully when Vidic is back we will improve out defense.

• Like 1

Mate our keeper will be spains number one in a few years time, he is young and still learning.

Fergie will cut him some slack, as the defenders in front of him are not giving him the cover they should, hopefully when Vidic is back we will improve out defense.

I honestly thought he had signed the 2 of spades at first but feek me he has saved some shit since then Ace of Hearts - if you want to blame the conceded goals on the keeper you're looking in the wrong place - and I agree and in conversation said it many times - Manu defence is worse than Hamilton acedemical - only for having such a strong front end ......... but in saying that - if you have a team that can take control of a game and keep the ball moving in one direction who even needs a goal keeper and that's an extreme look at it but the manager has to decide the balance

There are three areas on a football team which are clearly extablished - Defence - Middle - forward

Then the players in each area have to work together as 3 mini teams handing the workload off to eachother as the play moves around the field - AF seems to get it pretty close each season (spanner in the works is injury) - do I see a weakness in 2012 well yes, very much in the defence area but definately not the goal keeper - He's doing a stellar job

don't beat yourselves up guys we've been hitting the woodwork to an extent that murphy's law has denied us probably more goals than any other team in the Prem -

Edited by smedly

Another limp decision by the FA. Don't stand up for the officials. No punishment for the gamesmanship of Ferguson. He knew full well the ref made the correct decision by the letter of the law. He just deliberately used the situation to stir up his players and the crowd

Fair play, he did a jod job but he deserved a punishment of some sort. I accept he's a very unpleasant bloke but why are they so frightened of a pensioner who looks like he permanently advertising Red Nose Day?

Edited by carmine

I accept he's a very unpleasant bloke but why are they so frightened of a pensioner who looks like he permanently advertising red Nose Day?

Does anyone ever see him taking a swig now and then? He certainly reminds me of someone who like a wee dram or twenty

To be fair SS, Evans was less likely to want to smash the ball away if Cisses wasn't behind him ! but thats no excuse for Red nose to act like a ten year old retard, how i despise that man, if my old man behaved like that i would disown him or have him sectioned,still i suppose we can hope that he carries on like that,has a heart attack and dies, then i will get the champagne out, Happy days 4.gif

tasteless,bitter,ugly but what else would you expect from Mr Conn whose jealousy of anything related to Man United knows no bounds.

There talks a true mancunian 24.gif

Just love fergie, what a great response.

http://m.guardian.co...son-alan-pardew

Well i think you'd have to be a blinkered Utd fan to love his behaviour Nev.

I for one am sick of his berating and bullying of match officials. his gamesmanship, his lack of sportmanship and the all round classless manner of which he conducts himself.

Great manager, thoroughly poisonous individual

I for one am sick of his berating and bullying of match officials. his gamesmanship, his lack of sportmanship and the all round classless manner of which he conducts himself.

Totally agree Carms. Nev, I am surprised you are not utterly embarrassed by him, never mind applauding it. Do you really think calling Newcastle a wee club in the North East and the same when he called us noisy neighbours, is the right behaviour.

Totally agree Carms. Nev, I am surprised you are not utterly embarrassed by him, never mind applauding it. Do you really think calling Newcastle a wee club in the North East and the same when he called us noisy neighbours, is the right behaviour.

Sorry but he has a point Pardew has a history of berating referee's and also rememeber him pushing wenger, he has no room to talk he pushed the linesman and 6 of his players surrounded the ref and linesman to get the decision over turned, fergie said yes i had a word with the ref but after he explained his decision fergie said he accepted it, so Pardew coming out slating fergie required a response from fergie and he delivered.

What wrong with stating newcastle a wee club in the north east, they are not in the limelight like united where every decision for or against is scrutinized and anything done by our players blown out of proportion.

Thats what gives us he seize mentality, up and down the counrty decisions go for and against teams, happens to united front page news.

What wrong with stating newcastle a wee club in the north east,

If you don't know nev, I ain't gonna explain it.

Ferguson is losing it. He was honoured with a knighthood and should behave accordingly, that is with dignity and respect. Not like some 70 year old chav pensioner

We will see at the end of the season if he has lost it eh Carmine! wink.png

So what if he called Newcastle a wee club........still a great press conference by him and correct on many fronts!

Long.....live...the....king.

We will see at the end of the season if he has lost it eh Carmine! wink.png

So what if he called Newcastle a wee club........still a great press conference by him and correct on many fronts!

Long.....live...the....king.

I wasn't referring to his skills as a manager. I was referring to his total and utter gobshite behaviour being unworthy of his title.

Strange how the late great Bob Paisley who won a couple of european cups and knew how to behave and conduct himself in public yet didn't get a knighthood. Not trying to stir the pot but fergusons behaviour is really starting to piss me off and a lot of others too i suspect.

So Pardew can call Newcastle a small club but fergie cant,wink.png

http://blogs.bettor.com/Newcastle-can-take-out-the-big-clubs-claims-Pardew-a147332

So Pardew can call Newcastle a small club but fergie cant,wink.png

http://blogs.bettor....-Pardew-a147332

Can you tell me where Pardew called Newcastle a small club in that interview?

In that story his quoted words where “We have proved this season by breaking into the top six that we can be a force in the Premier League and we have laid ­foundations that I hope can keep us at the top end of the table in ­future years.”

wink.pngwink.png

I've always found Pardew to be frank and honest in his appraisal of matches. At the end of the day Ferguson is just an unpleasant abrasive character who happens to be a great football manager.

Edited by carmine