Manchester United

redrus

What on earth are you lot on about now, hot dogs, I ask ya...!!! redrus

International break now Rus. What else can we talk about tongue.png

This is about the time I start telling the Mrs how much I love her and appreciate herclap2.giflaugh.png

I bet after 7 days of that sop she can't wait for football to resume as normal tongue.png

I think I might not tell my mrs and just go out sat night anyway. "just off to watch the match love" . Knowing my luck, it will be the one and only time ever she asks waht chanel it's on biggrin.png

• Like 1

hmmm so Rio pulls out of the England squad, reason being.......necessary as part of his "intricate pre-planned programme" clap2.gif I'll have to remember to use that one next time I need a good excuse

Yes a coward and unpatriotic, wouldn't have been a lot of use in the war years 114.gif

• Like 1

Well, I suppose, in my first ever statement in this thread, I said "all the news and views", even if a lot of the views are bitter, naive and ridiculously childish, sometimes you do get what you ask for.

Alfie, get a grip... Approximately 90% of this country would have been completely ducking useless in 'tha wooor', benefit fiddling, tax dodging, general all round none caring attitude for 'thy neighbour' and you compare a soft noodle ageing and nearly past it footballer whose been injury prone throughout his career, with those proud folk of the past. It's a none starter mate, find a new tack, and cheer the <deleted> up..!!

redrus

Well, I suppose, in my first ever statement in this thread, I said "all the news and views", even if a lot of the views are bitter, naive and ridiculously childish, sometimes you do get what you ask for.

Alfie, get a grip... Approximately 90% of this country would have been completely ducking useless in 'tha wooor', benefit fiddling, tax dodging, general all round none caring attitude for 'thy neighbour' and you compare a soft noodle ageing and nearly past it footballer whose been injury prone throughout his career, with those proud folk of the past. It's a none starter mate, find a new tack, and cheer the <deleted> up..!!

redrus

Oh i see, so because 90 % of the country are wrong uns that makes him ok then 40.gifand i'm certainly not comparing him with the proud people of the past !

Er, you kind of did fella... "Would have been useless in the war" automatically compares him.

You also called him unpatriotic. Rio has always said he would not turn his back on England and, he hasn't. He's ruled himself out of 2 games as he has a regime in place, that lets be honest, would be <deleted> up by the usual incompetence in the England set up.

Your hatred runs deep, you need to let go..... People care about you, don't do this to yourself..

redrus

• Like 1

Rio has always said he would not turn his back on England and, he hasn't. He's ruled himself out of 2 games as he has a regime in place,

Are you sure it ain't SAF who ruled him out Rus? SAF made his views perfectly clear the other day on what Rio should do. And there ain't many who survive if they go against SAF's "gentle hints" !!

Er, you kind of did fella... "Would have been useless in the war" automatically compares him.

You also called him unpatriotic. Rio has always said he would not turn his back on England and, he hasn't. He's ruled himself out of 2 games as he has a regime in place, that lets be honest, would be &lt;deleted&gt; up by the usual incompetence in the England set up.

Your hatred runs deep, you need to let go..... People care about you, don't do this to yourself..

redrus

40.gifSo what has he done then ? could have played one game &lt;deleted&gt;, if he really wanted to of course or more to the point if Fergie wanted him too !!!!!!!!!!!

Rio has always said he would not turn his back on England and, he hasn't. He's ruled himself out of 2 games as he has a regime in place,

Are you sure it ain't SAF who ruled him out Rus? SAF made his views perfectly clear the other day on what Rio should do. And there ain't many who survive if they go against SAF's "gentle hints" !!

Never argue wi a Scotsman.

You should know that mrboj...:rolleyes:

Never argue wi a Scotsman.

You should know that mrboj...rolleyes.gif

I won't if he's offering to buy a round smokes. Unfortunately that's as rare as England winning a World Cup biggrin.png

And again, this turns into another banal attack on Fergie... We don't know, you don't know so, we can all pontificate but, at the end of the day your conspiracy theories will only ever serve as a bit of banter. There is no truth or foundation.

Yes, I'm sure Rio could have played one game, positive of it infact but, he has at this time chosen not to. He's not turned his back, he is still patriotic and he does still want to play for his country. So stop riding on the crest of another media made wave lads, its not very becoming of us gents and, well, its a bit old now. (Gentle hint) whistling.gif

redrus

A transfer to Manchester United will always seem a better fit than Madrid

Footballfancast.com

Gareth Bale

I don’t think Daniel Levy will be too sympathetic to the diminishing quality of thePremier League and the loss of a number of its biggest stars over recent years. Based on transfers between Tottenham andManchester United in the past, it’s incredibly unlikely Levy would entertain a serious approach from the Premier League leaders.

But it’s not really a surprise that reports have emerged of Alex Ferguson’s interest in the winger. It’s also no great surprise that much of what is said in the Spanish press just echoes the reports in the British papers. Gareth Bale is on the radar of Real Madrid, but is the interest as intense as it’s said to be? Bale could have landed at United prior to his move to north London, and it’s quite plain that here is a player who perfectly fits the mould of wingers Ferguson targets.

The talk has been of Bale replacing Cristiano Ronaldo at the Bernabeu. But it’s difficult to see that as a long-term success – and not because of Bale’s ability. Rather, the Spanish champions are currently caught in a whirlwind of Jose Mourinho tactics, tried and trusted with trophies in abundance. But it’s not the Madrid way; Bale replacing Ronaldo at Old Trafford rather than the Bernabeu seems a far better step for the Welshman’s career.

It’s not even beyond possibility that Bale could stay at Tottenham. What reason does he have to leave? Sure, the trophies are sure to come quickly if he makes the move to one of Europe’s giants, but there isn’t a pressing need to move on at only 23.

Bale is playing the best football of his career in a team set up for him. Would Madrid offer him that luxury? Absolutely not – and once again it’s not a knock on his ability.

Mesut Ozil is the most important player in Mourinho’s team. He conducts the flow of the game and the entire team looks noticeably better with the German in the side. And you don’t really need to go into too much depth with regards to Ronaldo, who has 45 goals for Madrid this season.

Angel Di Maria, who operates on the right side of the attacking three, is far more useful when given the freedom to create in the final third. Yes, he is capable of scoring, which could be replaced should Bale arrive, but his value is in linking up with Ozil and feeding Ronaldo or either of the two forwards. The Argentine’s performance away at Sevilla in December 2011 in a 6-2 win is a template for what the team need from him: another player who can unlock doors, not someone in the mould of Ronaldo.

It’s also interesting that Luka Modric’s ‘failed’ first six months at Madrid seem to be over. The team’s counterattacking system works best when the opposition comes out of their own half and offers to play an open game; a tactical approach from the opposition that hasn’t always been adopted. Teams know that defending deep can frustrate this Madrid side, which has since allowed Mourinho to utilise Modric in a creative role just outside the opposition penalty area. It’s a style of football that needs players like the Croatian, Mesut Ozil and even David Silva, who has been linked with a move back to Spain in the past. It’s not to say Bale is certain to fail, but he doesn’t necessarily fit the bill for what the Spaniards may be looking for.

Manchester United, however, is a completely different prospect: a club who need a midfielder to take control in the way Ronaldo did in the past, and certainly if Ferguson is going to persist with his refusal to address to central midfield position.

The nature of English football is familiar to Bale and he understands what is required of him, even at a team like Manchester United. The pressure will certainly be on for him to succeed and produce instantly if he moves to Old Trafford, but it’s possible he will be made the star of that team and specifically of their midfield.

While Madrid are certain to introduce a number of fresh faces this summer, it’s players like Isco or Mario Gotze who are far more likely to land at the Bernabeu. The most probable situation for Bale this summer is that he stays at White Hart Lane, because even with the view that contracts are worthless in the modern game, Daniel Levy has absolutely no reason to sell. After that, and should Bale genuinely become available, how likely is it that Manchester United don’t make a strong push for one of the stand-out names in English football?

redrus

Edited by redrus

Footballfancast.com

Gareth Bale

I don’t think Daniel Levy will be too sympathetic to the diminishing quality of thePremier League and the loss of a number of its biggest stars over recent years. Based on transfers between Tottenham andManchester United in the past, it’s incredibly unlikely Levy would entertain a serious approach from the Premier League leaders.

But it’s not really a surprise that reports have emerged of Alex Ferguson’s interest in the winger. It’s also no great surprise that much of what is said in the Spanish press just echoes the reports in the British papers. Gareth Bale is on the radar of Real Madrid, but is the interest as intense as it’s said to be? Bale could have landed at United prior to his move to north London, and it’s quite plain that here is a player who perfectly fits the mould of wingers Ferguson targets.

The talk has been of Bale replacing Cristiano Ronaldo at the Bernabeu. But it’s difficult to see that as a long-term success – and not because of Bale’s ability. Rather, the Spanish champions are currently caught in a whirlwind of Jose Mourinho tactics, tried and trusted with trophies in abundance. But it’s not the Madrid way; Bale replacing Ronaldo at Old Trafford rather than the Bernabeu seems a far better step for the Welshman’s career.

It’s not even beyond possibility that Bale could stay at Tottenham. What reason does he have to leave? Sure, the trophies are sure to come quickly if he makes the move to one of Europe’s giants, but there isn’t a pressing need to move on at only 23.

Bale is playing the best football of his career in a team set up for him. Would Madrid offer him that luxury? Absolutely not – and once again it’s not a knock on his ability.

Mesut Ozil is the most important player in Mourinho’s team. He conducts the flow of the game and the entire team looks noticeably better with the German in the side. And you don’t really need to go into too much depth with regards to Ronaldo, who has 45 goals for Madrid this season.

Angel Di Maria, who operates on the right side of the attacking three, is far more useful when given the freedom to create in the final third. Yes, he is capable of scoring, which could be replaced should Bale arrive, but his value is in linking up with Ozil and feeding Ronaldo or either of the two forwards. The Argentine’s performance away at Sevilla in December 2011 in a 6-2 win is a template for what the team need from him: another player who can unlock doors, not someone in the mould of Ronaldo.

It’s also interesting that Luka Modric’s ‘failed’ first six months at Madrid seem to be over. The team’s counterattacking system works best when the opposition comes out of their own half and offers to play an open game; a tactical approach from the opposition that hasn’t always been adopted. Teams know that defending deep can frustrate this Madrid side, which has since allowed Mourinho to utilise Modric in a creative role just outside the opposition penalty area. It’s a style of football that needs players like the Croatian, Mesut Ozil and even David Silva, who has been linked with a move back to Spain in the past. It’s not to say Bale is certain to fail, but he doesn’t necessarily fit the bill for what the Spaniards may be looking for.

Manchester United, however, is a completely different prospect: a club who need a midfielder to take control in the way Ronaldo did in the past, and certainly if Ferguson is going to persist with his refusal to address to central midfield position.

The nature of English football is familiar to Bale and he understands what is required of him, even at a team like Manchester United. The pressure will certainly be on for him to succeed and produce instantly if he moves to Old Trafford, but it’s possible he will be made the star of that team and specifically of their midfield.

While Madrid are certain to introduce a number of fresh faces this summer, it’s players like Isco or Mario Gotze who are far more likely to land at the Bernabeu. The most probable situation for Bale this summer is that he stays at White Hart Lane, because even with the view that contracts are worthless in the modern game, Daniel Levy has absolutely no reason to sell. After that, and should Bale genuinely become available, how likely is it that Manchester United don’t make a strong push for one of the stand-out names in English football?

redrus

Do one mate. coffee1.gif

Footballfancast.com

Gareth Bale

redrus

Do one mate. coffee1.gif

Hahahaha, not sure I've laughed as hard at a TV comment before..... What's up luv, nerve been hit..? ;)

redrus

Not in a million years. bah.gif

Not in a million years would I hit a nerve, or not in a million years would you sell us Bale cos, you kind of would really, despite your opposition....

Spurs are our feeder club, Sours are our feeder club.....w00t.gif

redrus

• Like 1

Not in a million years would I hit a nerve, or not in a million years would you sell us Bale cos, you kind of would really, despite your opposition....

redrus

Boooooooring.

We only sell you our rubbish mate.

Bale will be a Spurs player next season.

redrus

Boooooooring.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you luv, I'd hate to see you really upset. I mean, you nearly lost your sense of humour at the mention, imagine if he really decided to move up a rung or 7... ;)

redrus

redrus

Boooooooring.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you luv, I'd hate to see you really upset. I mean, you nearly lost your sense of humour at the mention, imagine if he really decided to move up a rung or 7... wink.png

redrus

Cheeky wee RAG you are! biggrin.png

• Like 1

Footballfancast.com

Gareth Bale

redrus

Do one mate. coffee1.gif

Hahahaha, not sure I've laughed as hard at a TV comment before..... What's up luv, nerve been hit..? wink.png

redrus

Theres no way it will happen. And no need either. You have a better chance of getting Ronaldo back imo. Or even Modric for that matter. Afterall, Ferguson has been telling everyone how much he likes Modric, for the past four yearsrolleyes.gif . If it was anyone else other than Ferguson people might call it tapping up Rus. Know what i mean?

Edited by carmine