Manchester United

redrus

I like the look of this lad Rus,

Never bought a bad player springs to mind laugh.png

I'd be the first to admit a few signings never made the grade, ie., Bebe, Taibi, Bellion, Dong Fangzhou, Eric Djemba-Djemba, to name but a handful. sad.png

I do, however, prefer to point out that Manchester United has imported some of the very best in the game. Christiano Ronaldo, Eric Cantona, Peter Schmeichel, Edwin Van Der Sar, Roy Keane, Robin Van Persie (and I could go on as well you would agree)biggrin.png

Come on Ken, you are beginning to sound like Joe Kinnearlaugh.png

I cant let you get away with that statement.

Since when did you your lot import Cantona ( Leeds), Keane (Forest) or Van Persie??cheesy.gif

Admittedly great signings, but hardly imported

Jack, when I was a lad you needed a passport, phrase-book and body-guard to negotiate deepest, darkest Leeds, North London was the other side of the world and outlaws roamed around Nottingham. tongue.png

Edited by mrbojangles
fixed quote
  • Like 1

Various reports claiming Kevin Strootman deal will go through as soon as possible, now that his Netherlands U21 side is out of their Euro campaign in Israel.

redrus

Never bought a bad player springs to mind Posted Image

And 'you've never sold a good one' springs to mine... ;)

redrus

Various reports claiming Kevin Strootman deal will go through as soon as possible, now that his Netherlands U21 side is out of their Euro campaign in Israel.

redrus

Never bought a bad player springs to mind laugh.png

And 'you've never sold a good one' springs to mine... wink.png

redrus

Where have we said that we've never sold a good un ? we've sold plenty of good uns but at good money 113.gif

redrus

Never bought a bad player springs to mind Posted Image

And 'you've never sold a good one' springs to mine... Posted Image

redrus

Where have we said that we've never sold a good un ? we've sold plenty of good uns but at good money Posted Image

[insert generic sense of humour failure retort]

redrus

• Like 1

If the rumour mill can be believed its either Strootman or Tihago Alcantatra coming in.I would prefer the latter as he scores goals, something that is seriously lacking with the current United lineup. There is no doubt United will sign a midfielder of some quality so take your pick.

If the rumour mill can be believed its either Strootman or Tihago Alcantatra coming in.I would prefer the latter as he scores goals, something that is seriously lacking with the current United lineup. There is no doubt United will sign a midfielder of some quality so take your pick.

God loves an optimist.

Since Roy Keane finished playing United have lacked real dominance/resiliance in midfield against the highest quality teams despite the efforts of Scholesy/Fletcher Giggs etc.any stretford ender will confirm this-its been remarkable that the trophies have still been won,largely due to the team working hard for each other,you may buy some of the worlds best players in the hope of winning honours-but you cannot buy teamwork-at Old Trafford this is inbred thumbsup.gif

Since Roy Keane finished playing United have lacked real dominance/resiliance in midfield against the highest quality teams despite the efforts of Scholesy/Fletcher Giggs etc.any stretford ender will confirm this-its been remarkable that the trophies have still been won,largely due to the team working hard for each other,you may buy some of the worlds best players in the hope of winning honours-but you cannot buy teamwork-at Old Trafford this is inbred thumbsup.gif

Yet you make no mention of the overwhelming reason you won all that silverware. Alex ferguson. it was all largely due to him.

Yet you make no mention of the overwhelming reason you won all that silverware. Alex ferguson. it was all largely due to him.

Of course yes-he was the driving force and catalyst,and I firmly believe that given time and a little luck David Moyes will carry on the dynasty wai2.gif

He won't get three trophyless years. Two maximum then the revolving door will swing as fast as the spiralling doom. :D

No way-he will be fine,United are not a hire and fire club :thumbsup:

Lot of new faces in that boardroom.....let's wait and see shall we.

Ok, todays gone a bit deeper in to #russelllovessillyseason with the news that Rooney, everyones favourite cheeky liccle scouse chappy, is off to Barcelona and, wide wide (of the mark) reporting that United have entered the race for Cavani.

Enjoy yourselves guys and remember, stay safe during silly season.. ;)

redrus

Ok, todays gone a bit deeper in to #russelllovessillyseason with the news that Rooney, everyones favourite cheeky liccle scouse chappy, is off to Barcelona and, wide wide (of the mark) reporting that United have entered the race for Cavani.

Enjoy yourselves guys and remember, stay safe during silly season.. wink.png

redrus

redrus

Rooneys situation aside and of course all the transfer rumors, where do you think its all going wrong?

He won't get three trophyless years. Two maximum then the revolving door will swing as fast as the spiralling doom. biggrin.png

No way-he will be fine,United are not a hire and fire club thumbsup.gif

Its been 25?? years since that little theory has been put to test

• Like 1

redrus

Rooneys situation aside and of course all the transfer rumors, where do you think its all going wrong?

"It went all wrong when we let Arry go..."

Oh shit, sorry, wrong club..... wink.png

Not sure what you mean ol pal, nothing has gone wrong, if Rooney goes, he goes, someone 'will' fill his shoes regardless of how good he is. We filled Robbo's shoes, Hughes, Ince, Cantona, Ronaldo et al, in one way or another.

Please explain..?

redrus

He won't get three trophyless years. Two maximum then the revolving door will swing as fast as the spiralling doom. biggrin.png

No way-he will be fine,United are not a hire and fire club thumbsup.gif

Its been 25?? years since that little theory has been put to test

Fair point that rijit, and I'm sure many many will be waiting on the front line (behind their mates- who are bigger) for it all to fall apart, we'll see. :D

redrus

This one will run....

Catalan newspaper Sport have Rooney in a Barcelona shirt and Thiago in a Manchester United shirt plastered all over their front page. They reckon that some kind of elaborate swap deal could be afoot with Thiago and money going to Manchester United and Wayne Rooney going the other way to Barcelona and the Camp Nou.

sportrooneythiago.PNG?width=200This is the same newspaper who at the weekend were praising David Moyes and Manchester United and how Thiago would fit into their system and then in two days, from Saturday to Monday, they turned on a sixpence and a very critical article was published which almost mocked Manchester United and their new manager and asked if Thiago really wanted direct and vertical football, with balls flying over his head, in preference to the wonderful game on off at Barcelona.

It was a sure sign that Catalan club thought Thiago was leaving and perhaps stirring the Rooney situation up follows a similar line of thought.

Barcelona have already signed Neymar and David Villa was likely to be on his way anyway, because he wasn't happy with his game time before the Brazilian joined up. How the club could find a suitable role for Manchester United's second striker is hard to believe and Rooney wouldn't be content to simply sit on the bench and watch the superstars in action, Then there's wages, they're not happy with the amounts David Villa has specified in his contract so they'd probably fall off their seat if they found out the sums Wayne Rooney and his agent wanted.

They reckon it stems from the English press putting Rooney in the agenda of Barcelona but it's probably got much more to do with trouble causing, because they're annoyed about Thiago, given it's the same newspaper in which the hoofball claims were thrown around like a toy exiting a pram.

The other Catalan sport newspaper Mundo Deportivo had as their main web story, and all over their newspaper, a couple of days ago a claim about how Barcelona could target players at unsettled clubs - mainly Manchester United. They said that because there had been a change of manager that Tito Vilanova's side could take advantage of any uncertainty and swoop in for stars like Rooney and Nemanja Vidic.

Sport have canvassed Barcelona supporters and 81% want Wayne Rooney at the football club, and online they have a whole heap of comments from Barca fans saying how much they'd like the England international to join them in La Liga.

Manchester United are stated as wanting around 30m for Wayne Rooney who has two years left on his current deal, therefore Sport say that €12m and Thiago would do the trick. They may have a point and be printing something which has truth behind it or it could be a continuation of them lashing out, it's hard to tell.

So Red, do you figure Rooney stays or goes ? Is he dim enough to stay if Moyes doesn't guarantee him a prominent role up front ? I always figured Rooney wasn't the brainy type, but blimey... Would he stay for his healthy paycheck even if he became the "new Anderson" ?

So Red, do you figure Rooney stays or goes ? Is he dim enough to stay if Moyes doesn't guarantee him a prominent role up front ? I always figured Rooney wasn't the brainy type, but blimey... Would he stay for his healthy paycheck even if he became the "new Anderson" ?

I hope he goes and we get this lad reference to the above article ...a lot what is happening mirrors why Beckham left and his wifes mouth.If he does stay i don't think Moyse can give him anything different from what Fergie told him,his performances can only dictate that but asking to leave United twice tells me he is a dummy thrower and yes i agree he is to thick to understand that if he isn't picked it is because he is playing <deleted> and overweight as usual.for me i hope he goes and the new signings? and Kagawa and others will replace him.

There will be an announcement i am sure next week regarding Rooney transfers and what Moyse is looking towards.

• Like 1

You know he's (Rooney) 'apparently' asked the club for an apology over the way Fergie treated him at the end and, an apology over the (scandalous) 'accusation' that he asked for yet 'another' transfer...!

Please go now.

Ps, Mr Bo, you know he is having a second hair transplant now..? The first one is fine, but, he didn't factor in the hair behind falling out as he got older.....! So, he's just working his way back..! Plank.

redrus

• Like 1

You know he's (Rooney) 'apparently' asked the club for an apology over the way Fergie treated him at the end and, an apology over the (scandalous) 'accusation' that he asked for yet 'another' transfer...!

Please go now.

Ps, Mr Bo, you know he is having a second hair transplant now..? The first one is fine, but, he didn't factor in the hair behind falling out as he got older.....! So, he's just working his way back..! Plank.

redrus

Eventually a ponytail, and then the end of the world as we know it.laugh.png

• Like 1

Yeah I did know Rus, that's why I slipped it in there. biggrin.png

• Like 1

Rene Meulensteen has slinged his hook

And with the best wishes of all RAGS-David Moyes is his own man and will want his chosen team to work with him-just the same as when SAF brought Archie Knox down with him when he took over-thumbsup.gif