Manchester United

redrus

How many players in the league right now can play that long diagonal ball that Rooney kept playing last night? Not many i think.Was as if old ginger balls was back on the pitch once more. Impressive.

Great to see the appetite and hunger back. Hope it stays. We're going to need it.

If you wanted to tutor a young potentially good midfielder you would hand him a DVD of Paul Scholes at work. Zidane rated him the best mid fielder he ever played against and few would argue. Rooney has been around Scholsey long enough to learn.The diagonal ball opens up the play and we saw last night, albeit against Villa, its the old Man U way and Valencia's low crosses were back on song. His combo with Raphael is also a plus. Smalling is a CB not a RB.

If I was Moyes i would be very tempted to bring back Nick Powell from Wigan,he scored his 7th goal this weekend , a screamer,and send Nani and Anderson the other way.I would rather stick with youth this year and build a team rather than stay with players who have had a chance and pulled up short.Hopefully clinch at least 4th place. And Evra has to go,defensively he has cost United so many games,great going forward but goes missing far too often. Hopefully Baines might be an option next season.

How about James Wilson our youth team player, look at this goal last night v burnley for the youth team he seems to score every game he players, he is 18 and very highly rated.File alongside Tom Lawrence as another top prospect.

iGW1njwv6rwjA.gif

Tom Lawrence 2 goals for Carlisle last weekend ,one described as potentially goal of the year according to club officials

Big strong lad.So much talent available but long term prospects are always derailed by the short term need to accumulate points.

I think Zaha has great potential but has spent half a season sitting in the stands with the odd game for the under 21's.

If Moyes wont play him,and not just the last 20 mins of a game, got to go out on loan

I think Zaha has great potential but has spent half a season sitting in the stands with the odd game for the under 21's.

If Moyes wont play him,and not just the last 20 mins of a game, got to go out on loan

I think you may be right about his potential but it's a shame that on the few occasions when he has seen a bit of first team action, he hasn't really done much.

I know it's asking a lot, to not be given much playing time, but to immediately impress, but any opportunity at United has to be snatched with both hands or it may be their last.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rixalex

Moyes said today that he would let him go out on loan but they have had no interest for him.....which is surprising as he did so well last season in the championship.

I hope he gives him a game tonight.

How many players in the league right now can play that long diagonal ball that Rooney kept playing last night? Not many i think.Was as if old ginger balls was back on the pitch once more. Impressive.

Great to see the appetite and hunger back. Hope it stays. We're going to need it.

so do I...Just replaced Aguero with him in the Fantasy Premier League. Sorry guys, he will either get an injury or a straight red next gamesad.png

Sorry guys...don't say I didn't warn you....groin strain!

I think you may be right about his potential but it's a shame that on the few occasions when he has seen a bit of first team action, he hasn't really done much.

I know it's asking a lot, to not be given much playing time, but to immediately impress, but any opportunity at United has to be snatched with both hands or it may be their last.

Its asking a bit much for any player to make an impact when the game is its death throes. United paid a lot of money for him,an extraordinary amount really, and he was probably expecting SAF to still be in charge. Confidence,or lack of, plays a big part in any youngsters progress and the game time given to Nani so far would have been better put to use with this kid. I see a combination ,in the future, of Januzai on the left flank and Zaha on the right as a very exciting combination providing United play the expansive game they did against Aston Villa.

Even the much maligned Tom Cleverley will feel he has a future after his goal and I expect him to kick on, same with Welbeck ,problem with Danny is that he invariably plays out on the left which is not his go. Shades of Van Nist the other night in the box and that's his go.

I have often thought about the benefit of the Under 21's being played as an early game before the main fixture so younger players can showcase their talent. I realise that would upset the purists,wear and tear on pitch etc.Currently they play mid week in front of a couple of 100 people if they are lucky. very little atmosphere but the quality of play, most times, is outstanding they play without fear and with passion. that typifies youth.

• Like 1

We didn't miss him last night did we smile.png

A really solid performance from United last night in very difficult conditions against a side that are very physical especially at home,Stoke never troubled De Gea and that was with Smalling and Evans at the back.

I thought Cleverly and Jones where outstanding again while Anderson could well of played his last game for United.

Thunderbolt from Young and a wicked right footed curler from Evra.clap2.gif Although our defence seems to change every game they are now defending much better as a team and the clean sheets are coming.

It looks like a cup final for Moyes in his first season at United in his first competition........not bad is it! biggrin.png

I hope it is a derby at Wembley on the 2nd of March which incidentally would mean the postponement of the League derby at Old Trafford until most probably the end of the season if either clubs have involvement in the Champions League.

Its asking a bit much for any player to make an impact when the game is its death throes. United paid a lot of money for him,an extraordinary amount really, and he was probably expecting SAF to still be in charge. Confidence,or lack of, plays a big part in any youngsters progress and the game time given to Nani so far would have been better put to use with this kid. I see a combination ,in the future, of Januzai on the left flank and Zaha on the right as a very exciting combination providing United play the expansive game they did against Aston Villa.

Even the much maligned Tom Cleverley will feel he has a future after his goal and I expect him to kick on, same with Welbeck ,problem with Danny is that he invariably plays out on the left which is not his go. Shades of Van Nist the other night in the box and that's his go.

I have often thought about the benefit of the Under 21's being played as an early game before the main fixture so younger players can showcase their talent. I realise that would upset the purists,wear and tear on pitch etc.Currently they play mid week in front of a couple of 100 people if they are lucky. very little atmosphere but the quality of play, most times, is outstanding they play without fear and with passion. that typifies youth.

I understand where you are coming from regarding Januzai but i dont see him on the wing at all and at United they see him more as a number 10 in the position Rooney plays...at the moment though they will play him anywhere to give him time to adapt to the rigors of playing for United.agree with Zaha on one wing but i think we need a pacey left winger similar to Valencia.

It is looking like Moyes is going to go with Jones,Evans and Smalling at the center more now and he will maybe slowly faze Ferdinand and Vidic out over the next two seasons ....we are ok at right back with Rafael but the left back spot needs cover or a run given to Buttner or even recalling Tyler Blackett 20 from his loan spell at Blackpool who i like. Baines is all well and good but to much money for a full back when the same decision will arise in 3 or 4 years time and buying him will hold back Blackett ...i would much rather give the younger guys a shout first.

Midfield wise we have loads of young talent including Nick Powell..Januzai...Zaha and Lingard the Keane brothers and the 18 year old James Wilson is nailed on for great things ...keep an eye out for Charni Ekangamene also who could be called up.

More than anything it is time we got rid of a few players and Anderson Nani and Felliani Bebe top my list.

In the next few years we should continue to buy quality but not at the detriment to some of the youngsters in there progression.As you can see we already have the basis of a really good young team and with experience added the future is great.

David De Gea 23 Ben Amos 23

Rafael 23 Jones 21 Smalling 24 Evans 25 Blackett 19 Buttner 24 Fabio 23

Zaha 21 Cleverly 24 Kagawa 24 Powell 19 Lingard 21 Januzaj 18

Angelo Henriquez 19 Danny Welbeck 23 Javier Hernandez 25

You could add others such as Ben Pearson,James Wilson,Ekangamene and the young kid at Carlisle Tommy Lawrence and others but they are all showing special talent and could have good futures at United.

Sparkles.....your idea of the under 21's playing before hand i agree with just as UEFA have done in the UEFA youth cup this year and is normally played the same day or day before which is good because the attendances have been bigger and gives the lads more experience playing at stadiums more so than playing the games just at the training grounds on a Saturday and of course the travelling and playing against European teams is all good for there progression.

In principal it's a good idea but I don't think it would happen because, as you say, some pitches would be cut up before the main event.

Nothing wrong with playing the match after the main game though.

Almost at the half way mark and your now up to 8th. You must be over the moon. Moyes celebrations when you score a goal are looking more and more that of a desperate man.

Would that desperate look be the same one as John Bond/John Benson/Billy Mc Neill/and ALL the others had in the 80,s/90,s-or as City now have become a "sheik,s plaything" do the blue moaners choose to forget those times whistling.gif

just askinggiggle.gif

Almost at the half way mark and your now up to 8th. You must be over the moon. Moyes celebrations when you score a goal are looking more and more that of a desperate man.

Would that desperate look be the same one as John Bond/John Benson/Billy Mc Neill/and ALL the others had in the 80,s/90,s-or as City now have become a "sheik,s plaything" do the blue moaners choose to forget those times whistling.gif

just askinggiggle.gif

I don't see how they can forget them.

Most of them weren't there.

• Like 1

just askinggiggle.gif

Correct Peter

I am still trying to work out how you can look desperate when celebrating a goal........strange one that but coming from a bitter completely understandable laugh.png i thought it would be the other way around!

just askinggiggle.gif

Don't you worry mik, those memories are still well and truly in my mind and will never be forgot. However, if it makes you happy to keep on harping back to our history whilst you are in a downfall please free to do so. And at least our Sheikh doesn't rob from us like your owners do from you. But please, carry on denying your situation whilst trying to have a dig at us. But believe me, I'd sooner have our owners than yours.

just askinggiggle.gif

Correct Peter

I am still trying to work out how you can look desperate when celebrating a goal........strange one that but coming from a bitter completely understandable laugh.png i thought it would be the other way around!

First you say peter is correct then admit to trying to work it out. And there was me thinking you were slightly educated.laugh.png For info, it's a look rising from despair and that can be clearly seen in his eyes.

just askinggiggle.gif

Mmmm. Here you go again chiccy. You have a right cob on with City at the moment don't you? Is anything to do with getting a good slapping this week I wonder. The <deleted> are worse losers than I first thought. Maybe Spurs fans were right all along about your mob.

Out of interest. Do you have any sources for your belief that we have gained so many glory hunters? I don't deny there will be some, it always comes with some success (not that you may remember what success is) but do you have any hard facts to state "most of them weren't there"

• Like 1

Manchester is not really a city where you can decide to become a red or blue, and there is no chance you can decide to start following the enemy instead, nor would you want to.

I only personally know of one guy who changed. He was a City fan until he was about 13 then changed to United so he could go with his mates. He's 54 now and has been going to watch United every game since but he still gets a ribbing for being a turn coat.

• Like 1

just askinggiggle.gif

Mmmm. Here you go again chiccy. You have a right cob on with City at the moment don't you? Is anything to do with getting a good slapping this week I wonder. The <deleted> are worse losers than I first thought. Maybe Spurs fans were right all along about your mob.

Out of interest. Do you have any sources for your belief that we have gained so many glory hunters? I don't deny there will be some, it always comes with some success (not that you may remember what success is) but do you have any hard facts to state "most of them weren't there"

They are prawn sarnie munchers mrboj....just wait till the French rent boy leaves....then we will see empty stands galore as opposed to the half empty silence at their library.

just askinggiggle.gif

Don't you worry mik, those memories are still well and truly in my mind and will never be forgot. However, if it makes you happy to keep on harping back to our history whilst you are in a downfall please free to do so. And at least our Sheikh doesn't rob from us like your owners do from you. But please, carry on denying your situation whilst trying to have a dig at us. But believe me, I'd sooner have our owners than yours.

Your "Sheik" lives in the desert mrbo.and reading your comments its clear that your head is well and truly deep in the sand also giggle.gif don,t despare though- many at the Etihad are in the same position cheesy.gif

Pretty happy with the way the team performed last night. Seems there is changing of the guard in the centre back positions .Thought Evans and especially Smalling looked comfortable apart from the switch off when Cole scored. But Buttner was pretty naive to let it happen. Cleverley again looked a different player ,could have easily had another goal,the save the keeper made was top draw.

I dare say if Valencia was on song with his crosses they could have scored half a dozen. Wellbeck looks like a knee injury ,so injury prone, just when he is hitting his straps

And Januzaj take out the silly dive I've seen very few young players who have such balance when running at full speed with the ball.He is the same age as when Ronaldo started getting noticed and dare i put the mockers on him by saying the sky is the limit with this boy

Pretty happy with the way the team performed last night. Seems there is changing of the guard in the centre back positions .Thought Evans and especially Smalling looked comfortable apart from the switch off when Cole scored. But Buttner was pretty naive to let it happen. Cleverley again looked a different player ,could have easily had another goal,the save the keeper made was top draw.

I dare say if Valencia was on song with his crosses they could have scored half a dozen. Wellbeck looks like a knee injury ,so injury prone, just when he is hitting his straps

And Januzaj take out the silly dive I've seen very few young players who have such balance when running at full speed with the ball.He is the same age as when Ronaldo started getting noticed and dare i put the mockers on him by saying the sky is the limit with this boy

And just 18 years old-lets hope he can go on and fulfill his potential,I remember Lee Sharp at the same age and what happened to him sad.png sadly he enjoyed the "bright lights and celebrity status" too much despite Fergies best efforts-as in all things in life-time will tell wai2.gif

Moyes manager of the year 2014/2015 thumbsup.gif

just askinggiggle.gif

One of Citys main chants is "We're Not Really Here"

That stems from the fact that they remember the sh!t old days of the 80s and 90sbiggrin.png

Chicoq is just a bitter old gooner. Worse than the worst Rag!!cheesy.gif

just askinggiggle.gif

Correct Peter

First you say peter is correct then admit to trying to work it out. And there was me thinking you were slightly educated.laugh.png For info, it's a look rising from despair and that can be clearly seen in his eyes.

I went to The Derby school as you will know ...only the superior talented educational brains of Manchester get invited there,i didn't like it though to many people from Bury and Rochdale that talked like they came from the farm.biggrin.png

Loreta college in Alty was much better tongue.png but that was just the view from the cafe down the road every day!

Anyway back on topic you didn't miss Aguero and Hart is back! smile.png

One of Citys main chants is "We're Not Really Here"

That stems from the fact that they remember the sh!t old days of the 80s and 90sbiggrin.png

Chicoq is just a bitter old gooner. Worse than the worst Rag!!cheesy.gif

I'm terribly sorry, but you appear to have lost the 40s, 50s, 70s and Noughties.

Typical "New fan" amnesia.

As The Arsenal sing: "Are you Chelski in disguise"?

biggrin.png