Manchester United

redrus

The example Steven bloody Gerrard sets, is that a joke.....??

The guys got away with more charges than Arthur Daily did parking tickets and, to compare him with Becks is frankly ridiculous....!!!!!

redrus

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Name them .

Why, he was found not guilty, and that will be your defence......!

Besides the actual point though that in comparison with David Beckham, Gerard is thoroughly detestable individual, who seems to only be beaten into second place, by his wife.

redrus

Swerve whistling.gif .

Where does Wazza stand on your list of thoroughly detestable individuals?

I believe United's last home game is May 3 v Sunderland.I expect that to be Ryan Giggs last appearance and the fans can give him a fitting farewell.

Apart from the occasional quality, weighted pass Ryan doesn't have much left to offer and no one else knows it better than him.

A coaching and possible management career awaits and thanks for all the great memories.

Yep, I'll never forget him shagging his sister in law.

clap2.gif

It really is unfortunate that all we seem to remember now is the bad things about a player. Beckham is a clothes horse (oh dear), Giggs was shagging his sister in law (not sister), Gazza was a drunk (recognised as a disease), George Best was an alcoholic (ditto) Gerrard is some kind of criminal (again, what!), and even Pele was a womaniser. These are not things that role models should be doing, but originally i was taliking about Beckham and Gerrard; I will again say that I think they are role models because of their contributions to their communities, if they are not then who do you suggest are? Unfortunately most people have somebody who could give you a story to turn your a head, it is why the famous live in fear of being targeted by the paparazzi. Look Mother Teresa up on the internet and see how a proposed saint can be dragged to the gutter; what chance do footballers have?

• Like 2

I believe United's last home game is May 3 v Sunderland.I expect that to be Ryan Giggs last appearance and the fans can give him a fitting farewell.

Apart from the occasional quality, weighted pass Ryan doesn't have much left to offer and no one else knows it better than him.

A coaching and possible management career awaits and thanks for all the great memories.

clap2.gif

It really is unfortunate that all we seem to remember now is the bad things about a player. Beckham is a clothes horse (oh dear), Giggs was shagging his sister in law (not sister), Gazza was a drunk (recognised as a disease), George Best was an alcoholic (ditto) Gerrard is some kind of criminal (again, what!), and even Pele was a womaniser. These are not things that role models should be doing, but originally i was taliking about Beckham and Gerrard; I will again say that I think they are role models because of their contributions to their communities, if they are not then who do you suggest are? Unfortunately most people have somebody who could give you a story to turn your a head, it is why the famous live in fear of being targeted by the paparazzi. Look Mother Teresa up on the internet and see how a proposed saint can be dragged to the gutter; what chance do footballers have?

Gerrard beats up DJs and Pele can't get it up without the blue pill.

clap2.gif

Deservedly so,,,,,,,,,but a digression, so back to our saintly football role models.

• Like 1

Gerrard beats up DJs and Pele can't get it up without the blue pill

Respect to Pele for knowing about the blue pill (do you have proof?), And is there something wrong with beating up DJs. I've seen them set on fire and thought the night got betterbiggrin.png

No comment about how you feel about the vilification of football players though. Kinda like weeing in the wind.

• Like 1

Gerrard beats up DJs and Pele can't get it up without the blue pill

Respect to Pele for knowing about the blue pill (do you have proof?), And is there something wrong with beating up DJs. I've seen them set on fire and thought the night got betterbiggrin.png

No comment about how you feel about the vilification of football players though. Kinda like weeing in the wind.

You must live in a cave Nelly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKi4HzZ130M

The example Steven bloody Gerrard sets, is that a joke.....??

The guys got away with more charges than Arthur Daily did parking tickets and, to compare him with Becks is frankly ridiculous....!!!!!

redrus

Name them .

Why, he was found not guilty, and that will be your defence......!

Besides the actual point though that in comparison with David Beckham, Gerard is thoroughly detestable individual, who seems to only be beaten into second place, by his wife.

redrus

Swerve whistling.gif .

Where does Wazza stand on your list of thoroughly detestable individuals?

No swerve at all, I say it how I see it..!!!

Can't stand him, horrible little man that I only follow as he plays for my club.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

That was the icing on my weekend....on my way home now via several pubs mwahahahaha....Nads get yer erse soon here an buy a roond! ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by smokie36
  • Like 1

We all know Moyes doesn't do "Plan B's" but why on earth did his game plan involve constantly taking the ball to the byelines and crossing when Fulham have a 6'7" center back thats going to deal with that all day long? Is he paid 5.9m euros not to be able to work that one out?

Moyes says he can't understand why they are not winning. Well perhaps he should focus on crap ill thought out tacticswink.png

That was the icing on my weekend....on my way home now via several pubs mwahahahaha....Nads get yer erse soon here an buy a roond! ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Seeing Moyes punching the air and screaming to the directors area was priceless when he thought they'd won it.

Sent from my armchair, laughing my cotton socks off

His reaction was similar to that of Fergie.

Difference is that Fergie had just won the league (albeit courtesy of Fergie time tongue.png )

Whereas Moyes had just gone 2-1 up with 10 minutes to go, against a team languishing in last place of the league.

Puts things into perspective as to how expectation and acceptence levels have changed soooooo dramatically in a few months

• Like 1

We all know Moyes doesn't do "Plan B's" but why on earth did his game plan involve constantly taking the ball to the byelines and crossing when Fulham have a 6'7" center back thats going to deal with that all day long? Is he paid 5.9m euros not to be able to work that one out?

Moyes says he can't understand why they are not winning. Well perhaps he should focus on crap ill thought out tactics;)

Crap ill thought out tactics? Look at the stats from that game. The scoreline considering them is a freak of nature. Play that game another ten times with those same stats, and we walk away with at least a 4 or 5 goal margin of victory every single time. We did absolutely everything besides putting the goal in the back of the net a lot more. The manager can't do that for them. That comes down to the players. To have that many opportunities and to not convert more is down to them. Just as not seeing out the last 2 minutes of the game having worked so hard getting into the lead, is also down to them.

There's a lot of things that Moyes has got wrong this season. Tactics in last night's game isn't one of them. For people to say otherwise, and to blame him for the result, just exposes how they are predisposed to blame him no matter what. Just as a lot of revealed of people by the way they don't like him celebrating and mock him for it. There's nothing wrong with celebrating when your team scores. No reason why you should adjust how you celebrate dependent on who you are playing. "This is only crappy Fulham so i think i'll just sit here and do nothing when we score two goals in 90 seconds after over an hour of constant pressure". Nonsense. Fergie would have been bouncing up and down the touchline like a madman too. The only reason people don't like it when someone celebrates like that is because it coincides with a time when they are feeling most deflated. All those thousands of people on the edge of their seats, desperately willing Fulham to just hold out another ten minutes or so and inflict another humiliating home defeat on the champions, were crushed when that second goal in for us. Seeing someone celebrate when you are feeling crushed pisses you off, and so you mock them and call them sad. Ten minutes later when Fulham equalized in the last two minutes of the game, a lot of those people who are mocking Moyes and calling him sad for celebrating, were bouncing up and down on their seats and yelping with delight, and they don't even support Fulham, just take pleasure in United's failures. Really, who are the sad ones?

• Like 1

Moyes says he can't understand why they are not winning. Well perhaps he should focus on crap ill thought out tactics;)

Crap ill thought out tactics? Look at the stats from that game. The scoreline considering them is a freak of nature. Play that game another ten times with those same stats, and we walk away with at least a 4 or 5 goal margin of victory every single time. We did absolutely everything besides putting the goal in the back of the net a lot more. The manager can't do that for them. That comes down to the players. To have that many opportunities and to not convert more is down to them. Just as not seeing out the last 2 minutes of the game having worked so hard getting into the lead, is also down to them.

There's a lot of things that Moyes has got wrong this season. Tactics in last night's game isn't one of them. For people to say otherwise, and to blame him for the result, just exposes how they are predisposed to blame him no matter what. Just as a lot of revealed of people by the way they don't like him celebrating and mock him for it. There's nothing wrong with celebrating when your team scores. No reason why you should adjust how you celebrate dependent on who you are playing. "This is only crappy Fulham so i think i'll just sit here and do nothing when we score two goals in 90 seconds after over an hour of constant pressure". Nonsense. Fergie would have been bouncing up and down the touchline like a madman too. The only reason people don't like it when someone celebrates like that is because it coincides with a time when they are feeling most deflated. All those thousands of people on the edge of their seats, desperately willing Fulham to just hold out another ten minutes or so and inflict another humiliating home defeat on the champions, were crushed when that second goal in for us. Seeing someone celebrate when you are feeling crushed pisses you off, and so you mock them and call them sad. Ten minutes later when Fulham equalized in the last two minutes of the game, a lot of those people who are mocking Moyes and calling him sad for celebrating, were bouncing up and down on their seats and yelping with delight, and they don't even support Fulham, just take pleasure in United's failures. Really, who are the sad ones?

Thanks for that Rixy, got to say your posts have become a source of amusement. Great value for a Monday morning. Cannot wait for the post match debrief on Thursday, though I do, of course, hope you stuff the gooners.

Thanks for that Rixy, got to say your posts have become a source of amusement. Great value for a Monday morning. Cannot wait for the post match debrief on Thursday, though I do, of course, hope you stuff the gooners.

I aim to please Ian. Don't feel in any way indebted though. Any amusement i may give you is paid back many times over to me with your own contributed nuggets of wisdom. wink.png

Admittedly i'm biased because i have a fondness for Fulham, but if you really think that it was a clever tactic to cross at every opportunity and play to Fulhams strengths then up to you!! You made life difficult for yourselves unnecessarily. Why on earth would you continually pump crossed into a giant of a center back? Sure you made loads of chances but am i missing something here?

Regards Moyes' celebrations, i don't have a problem with a manager celebrating his team winning regardless of the opposition but of course if Ferguson had been manager you would have sown that game up probably after half an hour because this is a piss poor Fulham side that may well be relegated

Edited by carmine

Admittedly i'm biased because i have a fondness for Fulham, but if you really think that it was a clever tactic to cross at every opportunity and play to Fulhams strengths then up to you!! You made life difficult for yourselves unnecessarily. Why on earth would you continually pump crossed into a giant of a center back? Sure you made loads of chances but am i missing something here?

When teams park the bus, i think you have to get out wide and try and get in around the back of their defense. The middle is just to congested. And ok, they have a giant centre back, but with over 80 crosses being pumped in, what are the chances of that giant centre back dealing with every single one of them? On an ordinary day, would never happen. If he only failed to deal with 5% of those crosses, we would have been four goals up.

It was a freak day. Records broken with some of our stats. Anyone who watched the game and is being honest knows that it was freak result.

• Like 1

you just signed a £37m playmaker, you have rooney and you have van persie. three of the best attackers in the premier league. and your manager's gameplan is get it out wide and lash it into the box. 81 crosses in yesterday's match. that's not tactics, that's sunday league.

• Like 2

Its one thing to be handed the cash to buy Mata but another thing altogether for Moyes to prove he can get the best from him and as has been just said, with the talent of those three, RVP, Mata and Rooney whats he doing pumping in crossed all afternoon? Its just plain stupid.

Its one thing to be handed the cash to buy Mata but another thing altogether for Moyes to prove he can get the best from him and as has been just said, with the talent of those three, RVP, Mata and Rooney whats he doing pumping in crossed all afternoon? Its just plain stupid.

Yeah of course, because we all know how much attackers hate it when they are in the box and balls keep getting pumped in to them.

Yeah of course, because we all know how much attackers hate it when they are in the box and balls keep getting pumped in to them.

technically gifted ball players who are used to intricate passing moves pulling packed defences apart tend to, yeah.

your loyalty is admirable rix but it really does sound like head in the sand stuff this.

• Like 1