Manchester United

redrus

Rix, I'd agree with that. Liverpool were opening you up with ease, but they were hardly clinical or ruthless. Could they have gone up a gear? Maybe, but if they play like that against a team wanting to win a different result could be on the cards.

Other pointers in the game. Flanagan could have easily walked and should Utd have been given a penalty for Johnson's handball, again a different result may have happened.

that wasn't handball. which has to be intentional, and very rarely is. if only people would study the rules more. (one for all you half man half biscuit fans there).

I think the point was not that it was handball, but that it could have been given. When you touch the ball in the box with your hand, and when referees have to determine intention, the right decision isn't always made. A bit like when defenders tackle in the box and the attacker goes flying to the ground, the right decision isn't always made by the ref, is it. Sometimes defenders are sent off for it and penalties get awarded.

Rix, I'd agree with that. Liverpool were opening you up with ease, but they were hardly clinical or ruthless. Could they have gone up a gear? Maybe, but if they play like that against a team wanting to win a different result could be on the cards.

Other pointers in the game. Flanagan could have easily walked and should Utd have been given a penalty for Johnson's handball, again a different result may have happened.

that wasn't handball. which has to be intentional, and very rarely is. if only people would study the rules more. (one for all you half man half biscuit fans there).

I think the point was not that it was handball, but that it could have been given. When you touch the ball in the box with your hand, and when referees have to determine intention, the right decision isn't always made. A bit like when defenders tackle in the box and the attacker goes flying to the ground, the right decision isn't always made by the ref, is it. Sometimes defenders are sent off for it and penalties get awarded.

well, read it whichever way you like and compare it to whatever other decisions you like. fact is johnson's simply wasn't handball because it wasn't intentional and he wasn't even looking at the ball so the referee and linesman called it right.

well, read it whichever way you like and compare it to whatever other decisions you like. fact is johnson's simply wasn't handball because it wasn't intentional and he wasn't even looking at the ball so the referee and linesman called it right.

• Like 1

In case you missed it, that's not a fact that I am disputing.

(Rafael should have been sent off.)

Reservations that many people had about the appointment of David Moyes at the beginning of the season are following the script.

Conversations about minimum requirement this season being top 4, appear to be being buried under 6 feet of sand.

The defence of Moyes position on the basis of knee-jerk management changes at other clubs doesn't hold water for me.

I remain unconvinced that he is the man to take United forward. Nice bloke, but....

It will be fascinating to see what the club do.

I would be surprised if Pellegrini was encouraged by the way in which Liverpool beat United 3 nil at Old Trafford.

More like the opposite I would have thought.

wink.png

I think Pelligrini would have thought that the game spoke much more about the current state of Man United than it did about the current state of Liverpool. As others have said, that was at best a Championship performance from us. I do appreciate that for Liverpool supporters, as is the case for us, it's not really that important how one wins the game, just important that one does. So i get their jubilation. What i don't get is the suggestion that the game was Liverpool laying down a marker with regards their title ambitions, when they weren't tested in any shape or form by us, and when they only really started playing after having been handed two goals on a plate and an extra man advantage.

Having had a two week rest, and knowing how fragile United's confidence was, i really expected Liverpool's front line to come flying at us from the offset and to see Suarez running rings around our defense. I think a lot of people did. It didn't happen. Luckily for them, it didn't need to. Either Liverpool knew all along that we would make some stupid mistakes and were deliberately not playing that well, or Liverpool weren't playing that well.

Instead of discussing your own team on your own thread, you choice to focus on discussing your opinion of how ordinary Liverpool were for their 3 zip win at OT and how it wasn't laying down a marker with regards to title ambitions.

I think belting 7 shades of sh*t out of most teams throughout the season and being unlucky not to get wins at the Etihad or the Bridge has laid down the marker . You're focusing on press talk, not Liverpool talk, no one at Liverpool said anything about title markers by beating United. Why would they when you are barely hanging on to 7th in the league and are 14 points behind us.

Sometimes you can only play as good as the sh*te that is lined up against you.

Agree with most of what you say.

With regards winning three zip, I'm agreeing it was a great result for you. Just not agreeing that it was a particularly great performance, which was the impression I got from some Liverpool supporters. We won a game three zip quite recently and I didn't think we played particularly well, just beat the <deleted> that was lined up against us, which is what as you say, you did against us.

With regards discussing your team rather than my own, as I said, everything that could have been said has I think already been said, by all the comments made by every man and his dog. Not a lot to add really.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

I would be surprised if Pellegrini was encouraged by the way in which Liverpool beat United 3 nil at Old Trafford.

wink.png

I think Pelligrini would have thought that the game spoke much more about the current state of Man United than it did about the current state of Liverpool. As others have said, that was at best a Championship performance from us. I do appreciate that for Liverpool supporters, as is the case for us, it's not really that important how one wins the game, just important that one does. So i get their jubilation. What i don't get is the suggestion that the game was Liverpool laying down a marker with regards their title ambitions, when they weren't tested in any shape or form by us, and when they only really started playing after having been handed two goals on a plate and an extra man advantage.

Having had a two week rest, and knowing how fragile United's confidence was, i really expected Liverpool's front line to come flying at us from the offset and to see Suarez running rings around our defense. I think a lot of people did. It didn't happen. Luckily for them, it didn't need to. Either Liverpool knew all along that we would make some stupid mistakes and were deliberately not playing that well, or Liverpool weren't playing that well.

Instead of discussing your own team on your own thread, you choice to focus on discussing your opinion of how ordinary Liverpool were for their 3 zip win at OT and how it wasn't laying down a marker with regards to title ambitions.

I think belting 7 shades of sh*t out of most teams throughout the season and being unlucky not to get wins at the Etihad or the Bridge has laid down the marker . You're focusing on press talk, not Liverpool talk, no one at Liverpool said anything about title markers by beating United. Why would they when you are barely hanging on to 7th in the league and are 14 points behind us.

Exactly what I was thinking but didn't get round to saying.

+1

wink.png

Agree with most of what you say.

With regards winning three zip, I'm agreeing it was a great result for you. Just not agreeing that it was a particularly great performance, which was the impression I got from some Liverpool supporters. We won a game three zip quite recently and I didn't think we played particularly well, just beat the <deleted> that was lined up against us, which is what as you say, you did against us.

With regards discussing your team rather than my own, as I said, everything that could have been said has I think already been said, by all the comments made by every man and his dog. Not a lot to add really.

Apart from who you think will be the next united manager maybe?

Yeah. I know. Be careful what you ask for. David Moyes.smile.png

That would be a discussion for those calling for him to be replaced.

That would be a discussion for those calling for him to be replaced.

Yep.

Stability in the ranks.

thumbsup.gif

Shame Shankly is not still around.

Ferguson's hair would be a burning haystack.facepalm.gif

Can't say Moysie is not consistent....if anything, he is getting betterclap2.gif

"This time last season, David Moyes' Everton had 48 points from 29 games, having scored 46 goals & conceded 35.

This season, David Moyes' Manchester United side have 48pts from 29 games, having scored 46 goals and conceded 34"

I think the current chortles for Merchandise United are extremely similar to those for Vettel over the weekend. The relief was palpable.

And that's really a compliment to Sir Alex the Red Nosed Govan Docker.

Reference to Govan Docker noted and appreciated Chicog.

I could wax lyrical about the days of 70,000 shipbuilders at Newcastle every home game....

But it's different now.

The only thing that really keeps it all together and hasn't changed is a bloke with 2 feet and a football.

thumbsup.gif

The ball doesn't get stuck in the mud and the boots are a bit different, but the principles are absolutely the same.

working class hero, brazilian kid from the favela

thumbsup.gif

I think the current chortles for Merchandise United are extremely similar to those for Vettel over the weekend. The relief was palpable.

Considering that a Red Bull still ended up finishing in second, albeit with a fuel infraction, I'd say those particular merry chortlers might be getting ahead of themselves.

Reference to Govan Docker noted and appreciated Chicog.

I could wax lyrical about the days of 70,000 shipbuilders at Newcastle every home game....

But it's different now.

The only thing that really keeps it all together and hasn't changed is a bloke with 2 feet and a football.

thumbsup.gif

The ball doesn't get stuck in the mud and the boots are a bit different, but the principles are absolutely the same.

working class hero, brazilian kid from the favela

thumbsup.gif

Well you have to think last season Ferguson made a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

I don't think Moyes has that talent.

F1 is actually a good analogy.

You can have the best car in the world, but if the driver is crap it isn't going to win.

Edited by Chicog

Considering that a Red Bull still ended up finishing in second, albeit with a fuel infraction, I'd say those particular merry chortlers might be getting ahead of themselves.

And here's a picture of a dark horse with a myocardial infarction.

beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu

Large doner kebab with extra chill please mate.

Well you have to think last season Ferguson made a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

I don't think Mourinho, Wenger, Rodgers or Pelligrini do either, as well as some of them might be doing at this particular moment in time.

This season hasn't shown what an awful manager Moyes is (although it certainly hasn't shown what a great manager he is), rather it has shown what an utter genius Fergie was, not that it needed proving.

We were never going to replace him like for like, no matter who we appointed. We weren't under any illusions about that, and still aren't.

• Like 1

I think it is wonderful that Man u are in free fall,good for the game and quite funny to watch the slide

Good time to be an ABU indeed.

Doesn't feel that way any more mate. Moyes has killed that. I'm now much more ABJ.

Is that stability??

I don't think Mourinho, Wenger, Rodgers or Pelligrini do either, as well as some of them might be doing at this particular moment in time.

This season hasn't shown what an awful manager Moyes is (although it certainly hasn't shown what a great manager he is), rather it has shown what an utter genius Fergie was, not that it needed proving.

We were never going to replace him like for like, no matter who we appointed. We weren't under any illusions about that, and still aren't.

This season's shown exactly what Moyes is rix. An midtable manager with no clue about how to manage a big club. Sooner or later you're going to have to admit he was a bad, and the wrong, appointment. He's your Hodgson.

• Like 2

Well I've backed Chelsea and Man United to win.

In the CL? Yeah it still wouldn't surprise me to see United go through. But it will be down to sheer better players and olympiakos not being very good if so.