Manchester United

redrus

Tight game that. Thought the scoreline flattered us a bit as they missed some good chances... although that said, so did we. Main thing for us was to get through. Not because we are expecting to go any further, but just to give morale a bit of a boost and relieve some pressure.

RVP got the goals but it was Rooney and Giggs who really deserve the plaudits. Immense night for both of them. DeGea had a big one too. Has barely put a foot wrong this season.

Hope we get drawn against either of the two Spanish giants or the German one. If you are going to go out, go out with a bang I say. Not to say we have no chance. In cup competitions anything can happen, but best to keep expectations low. Let the other <deleted> do the crowing. I see one of them is back out from under his rock already.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Not putting a foot wrong is spot on for Degea - still amazes me that he often prefers to stick a foot out to stop balls that other keepers would jump on. Still - it seems to work, though he's gonna look real foolish one day when a ball skids off that lanky limb

Well played United. Terrific stuff from the old RVP. Inspired selection of the boy Giggs by Moysey to get a bit of the United in Europe legend stuff into the game.thumbsup.gif

The Greeks and Turks have gone. Now it looks like...

Sheeshfacepalm.gif

Champions League quarter-finalists:

Atletico Madrid

Barcelona

Bayern Munich

Borussia Dortmund

Chelsea

Manchester United

Paris St-Germain

Real Madrid

The Italian game continues to dive!

My sister who lives in Germany (supports Chelsea, the swine and Dortmund) says that most Germans would prefer an English team to win it rather than Bayern. Forget ABU, ABBM thrives in Deutschland big time!

• Like 1

Extremely lucky to go through. they won't pass the 1/4 final stage. wink.png

No sh1t Sherlock......thumbsup.gif

Shouldn't it be more a case of well done for getting through?

No, not really, what the hell was the Hellas keeper doing? there's no way van pussy would have scored those goals passed Casillas, it was totally atrocious goal keeping. The game was not worthy of a Champions league performance. Hence why they will be elimated from the 1/4 final.

Right result, great game, for once.

Rafael..... Quality, love that lad.

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Agreed! can be a little rash defensively sometimes but it is just his will to win the ball all the time. Great going forward. I hope this gossip about UTD chasing Coleman is not true. Need to concentrate on other positions first!

• Like 1

Well played United. Terrific stuff from the old RVP. Inspired selection of the boy Giggs by Moysey to get a bit of the United in Europe legend stuff into the game.thumbsup.gif

The Greeks and Turks have gone. Now it looks like...

Sheeshfacepalm.gif

Champions League quarter-finalists:

Atletico Madrid

Barcelona

Bayern Munich

Borussia Dortmund

Chelsea

Manchester United

Paris St-Germain

Real Madrid

The Italian game continues to dive!

My sister who lives in Germany (supports Chelsea, the swine and Dortmund) says that most Germans would prefer an English team to win it rather than Bayern. Forget ABU, ABBM thrives in Deutschland big time!

Yes. Good point about there being no Pizzas left SS.

But I fear Guardiola.

Hoping that a Spitfire or a P51Mustang cam shoot the Fokker down.

thumbsup.gif

No, not really, what the hell was the Hellas keeper doing? there's no way van pussy would have scored those goals passed Casillas, it was totally atrocious goal keeping. The game was not worthy of a Champions league performance. Hence why they will be elimated from the 1/4 final.

Hey You Jayroo.

Don't know who your team are, but you aren't welcome at The Bridge.

P51.

He is a Real Madrid fan with a hatred of Man Utd we just ignore him on here.

• Like 2

redrus

Agreed! can be a little rash defensively sometimes but it is just his will to win the ball all the time. Great going forward. I hope this gossip about UTD chasing Coleman is not true. Need to concentrate on other positions first!

Looked more like his will to break Gerrard's leg last weekend

redrus

As a United fan that was about all we had to cheer about that day!

Hey You Jayroo.

P51.

Wonder if Jayroo is from Madrid? or even from Spain?

redrus

As a United fan that was about all we had to cheer about that day!

biggrin.png

• Like 1

Hey You Jayroo.

P51.

He's an Aussie

• Like 1

You mean he's got an Aussie passport?

Quote of the day from Moyesie....

"I don't want to come out here and say this is the moment (we turned things around), but in the same breath, I really hope it is"

Made me cringe too. Never mind his managing skills, I want to know what has happened to his interviewing skills, since leaving Everton.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hey You Jayroo.

P51.

you don't know my team, it's on my avatar lol.. and this is interesting, a Chelski/Manure fan, how does that work? cheesy.gif

Hey You Jayroo.

P51.

ask your mama, she loves the taste of spicy chorizo wink.png

Same way it works when you're Mama is doing the spicy sausage.

But in reverse.

thumbsup.gif

yes I know you're batty boy, since you like both chelski and manure.. rolleyes.gif

That's probably hilarious on the grade 5 playground, but you'll have to do a bit better than that on here. Come on Jayroo you really need to lift the banter game or just stick to football talk.

• Like 2

Agreed with that from Rix, though I don't think Mourinho was ever considered at Man City, and as long as Txiki has any say about it he never will be. The ex-Barca brain trust are interested in playing attacking, entertaining football, and of course winning along the way. In addition, they aren't likely to be pulling in a manager who seems to have itchy feet to move on so often, and a penchant for creating needless, and at times embarrassing problems.

Exactly. Mourinho and City were never in discussion unless I am mistaken. A red herring from rixalex.

Mourhino has publicly stated that he is on a building mission at Chelsea. Long term commitment.

He may be a liar of course...( not my opinion btw)... and Abramovich will ditch him any time he wants if he is 'rubbing people up the wrong way' or 'creating needless, and at times embarrassing problems.' or for any other reason that comes into his mind.

And Txiki and the Sheik will do whatever they want to as well I expect.

But I can't see either City or Chelsea owners waiting forever for results.

Not entirely sure United will either.thumbsup.gif

Please post using the normal font.

No need for that outburst. Welcome back, I see your attitude ain't changed.

Well done United

If you had started with an appropriate 'well done utd' post, rather than your, IMO, inappropriate snide comment regarding youth and giggsy maybe there would have been no reply from me. but thanks for the welcome back..

redrus

I'll give him his tenacity in the tackle and will to win , but as for the rest of his game!!!! tbh it lacks , he's rash and it's not noticeably improving, gets to many yellow cards and tbh I'v never really seen him create that much ie assists, If coleman were available, I'de have him like a shot, IMO he'll noticeably improve you, he's got what rafeal got and some, you'll get ten good years out of him, next up shaw and with a touch of luck you've got a pairing for the next ten ish years