Manchester United

redrus

Manchester Derby tonight. LFC fans want a United win. United fans would be happy with a City win. We are through the looking glasssmile.png

Don't know where you cut and paste that from, but not many United fans would be happy losing to city believe me.

• Like 1

Manchester Derby tonight. LFC fans want a United win. United fans would be happy with a City win. We are through the looking glasssmile.png

Don't know where you cut and paste that from, but not many United fans would be happy losing to city believe me.

agree. double-edged sword for united fans though isn't it? want to beat city of course but know that doing so means doing liverpool a favour.

agree. double-edged sword for united fans though isn't it? want to beat city of course but know that doing so means doing liverpool a favour.

i think if i were a United fan i'd want to beat City despite helping Liverpool and much as it pains me to say it i'm quite confident Chelsea will win the anyway.

Ofcourse the other reason many United fans might be happy to lose is to help in the removal of David Moyes.

• Like 1

i think if i were a United fan i'd want to beat City despite helping Liverpool and much as it pains me to say it i'm quite confident Chelsea will win the anyway.

Ofcourse the other reason many United fans might be happy to lose is to help in the removal of David Moyes.

I agree, United have a lot of experience of being vastly inferior to Liverpool, so one more time won't hurt too much. They haven't had as much experience of being inferior to City, so winning the derby and denting City's PL chances a little would be the choice, I think.

For me this is bigger than club rivalry. Billionaires coming into the game to have a bit of fun represents all that is wrong with the game at present, and they risk doing all sorts of damage. Of course those clubs currently benefiting from this fiscal madness are not going to complain, but in the long term, they are the ones likely to be the biggest losers. In the future i think we'll look back at this period and wonder why it was ever allowed to happen, and wonder why more people didn't foresee what it would lead to.

And because of all that, i and a lot of other United supporters, would be much "happier" with Liverpool taking the title. It would in a way be David slaying Goliath. Sadly though, i don't see it happening. City have too much strength and depth.

Moving on to tonight's game, the sad truth of it for us is that i think a lot of us are just hoping we don't get thrashed. Whilst form might at other times go out the window for these fixtures, that is dependent on passion overcoming other deficiencies, and this season, the passion has been sorely lacking at times. In a way what we are talking about is the extra unquantifiable factor that SAF brought with his management skills. The skill that won us the title last season, and other seasons before. We no longer have it.

Hope i'm wrong and hope that we really come out of the doors flying. At this stage, we don't have much to lose, so might as well just go for it. Whether or not that happens might depend on how much the thought of losing his job plays in Moyes' mind. That's one of the reasons why it is essential that he continues to get the full backing of the supporters. If he has that it gives him much more freedom and he's far less likely to become inhibited. Same goes for the team.

Edited by rixalex
  • Like 2

For me this is bigger than club rivalry. Billionaires coming into the game to have a bit of fun represents all that is wrong with the game at present, and they risk doing all sorts of damage. Of course those clubs currently benefiting from this fiscal madness are not going to complain, but in the long term, they are the ones likely to be the biggest losers. In the future i think we'll look back at this period and wonder why it was ever allowed to happen, and wonder why more people didn't foresee what it would lead to.

And because of all that, i and a lot of other United supporters, would be much "happier" with Liverpool taking the title. It would in a way be David slaying Goliath. Sadly though, i don't see it happening. City have too much strength and depth.

Moving on to tonight's game, the sad truth of it for us is that i think a lot of us are just hoping we don't get thrashed. Whilst form might at other times go out the window for these fixtures, that is dependent on passion overcoming other deficiencies, and this season, the passion has been sorely lacking at times. In a way what we are talking about is the extra unquantifiable factor that SAF brought with his management skills. The skill that won us the title last season, and other seasons before. We no longer have it.

Hope i'm wrong and hope that we really come out of the doors flying. At this stage, we don't have much to lose, so might as well just go for it. Whether or not that happens might depend on how much the thought of losing his job plays in Moyes' mind. That's one of the reasons why it is essential that he continues to get the full backing of the supporters. If he has that it gives him much more freedom and he's far less likely to become inhibited. Same goes for the team.

funnily enough i think van persie being out might be the break you needed - for your league form at least perhaps. you looked much better at the weekend with rooney on point, mata central and kagawa playing in from the left. with just van persie up top everything else is square pegs and round holes. i reckon you'll take something off city, even if it's only a draw.

funnily enough i think van persie being out might be the break you needed - for your league form at least perhaps. you looked much better at the weekend with rooney on point, mata central and kagawa playing in from the left. with just van persie up top everything else is square pegs and round holes. i reckon you'll take something off city, even if it's only a draw.

Not only did we have better shape against West Ham but crucially, a lot of players actually played somewhere close to their ability. Carrick did a great job in defense. Fletcher helped bring some control to the midfield. Dare I say it, even Fellaini had a half decent game. But at the end of the day, it was only West Ham, with respect to them. I think City will be a totally different proposition. Stating the obvious I know.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hoping Moyes doesn't do a Wenger 1000.

Don't think he will though.

City pride themselves on playing one style, so in a way they are a known quantity.

Stopping them score...stating the obvious I know.

3-1 City win I fear. Maybe more.

Repeat of the Etihad game in September?

Not only did we have better shape against West Ham but crucially, a lot of players actually played somewhere close to their ability. Carrick did a great job in defense. Fletcher helped bring some control to the midfield. Dare I say it, even Fellaini had a half decent game. But at the end of the day, it was only West Ham, with respect to them. I think City will be a totally different proposition. Stating the obvious I know.

you need to get all over yaya. don't give him a second or a yard of space. and yeah, united's workrate was noticeably better against west ham.

• Like 1

That's the kind of talk we want !

I'm a mite edgy after the domestically fortuitous RVP injury, coming off two emotional victories, and the high of Rooney's home run ball...as well as the friendly confines of Old Trafford. Too many positives to mull over.facepalm.gif

It will be very interesting to see if Mata influences the game in such a way that makes it a different proposition from the Etihad game.

Apart from psychology and the presence of Mata, all else seems pretty much the same?

RVP not playing that day either.

Man City Substitutes
Man Utd Substitutes
Ref: H WebbAtt: 47,156

It will be very interesting to see if Mata influences the game in such a way that makes it a different proposition from the Etihad game.

Apart from psychology and the presence of Mata, all else seems pretty much the same?

RVP not playing that day either.

Man CitySubstitutes
Man UtdSubstitutes
Ref: H WebbAtt: 47,156

No Aguero and I don't think Nastasic is ready either.

1-1, straight red cards for yaya and kompany will do me please. meaning both would miss city at anfield. not asking much like.

And to think I was enjoying this thread for awhile ! <deleted> 'Pudlians !

Seems to me City do fine even without Aguero, class player as he is.

Nastasic missing major loss?

Sheer gulf in quality between the teams remains the same. City totally outclassed United at the Etihad.

One of the early games in the EPL which clearly said. 'City are class, United have got major problems."

Pellegrini was new, Moyes was new.

Much as I would like Mata to make an influential presence on the game, I don't think it will happen.

City far too good and physical to allow a finesse player like Mata to do that.

Ok, it's at OT. United have lost at home to some very ordinary teams.

So. I can't see anything other than a repeat of the Etihad game.

Worst case scenario for City, unlucky draw.

Worst case scenario for United. total humiliation.

Happy to be proven totally wrong in the morning Thai time.

thumbsup.gif

Beaten, not by far superior players, but by a far superior TEAM.

Gutted, the lads proper let us down, again. Desire, passion and faith gone, again.

Can't even be arsed being sad, angry, pissed off even.

Cheers lads.

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Apparently stewards were told to protect that stupid "the chosen one" banner from angry fans!

Thats become rather an embarrassment by now hasn't it?

What on earth was he doing putting Beverley out on the right midfield?