Manchester United

redrus

Woodward is an accountant. By definition therefore, a bean counter.

Usually the last person to turn the lights off when a business goes tits up.

Best leave the football to van Gaal.

He does leave the football to the manager but, part of Woodward's job is to do the transfer deals after van Gaal has given a name. Unfortunately he's somewhat inexperienced in this area of his job remit

• Like 2

Woodward is an accountant. By definition therefore, a bean counter.

Usually the last person to turn the lights off when a business goes tits up.

Best leave the football to van Gaal.

He does leave the football to the manager but, part of Woodward's job is to do the transfer deals after van Gaal has given a name. Unfortunately he's somewhat inexperienced in this area of his job remit

Understood carmine.

thumbsup.gif

Are Manchester United behind this ‘offer’ for Arda Turan?

thisisfutbol.com

One of the primary disappointments of Manchester United’s season was their inability to conjure any meaningful threat from down the flanks. Antonio Valencia, Ashley Young, Shinji Kagawa and Nani were all found wanting at one point or another. All of the club’s options seem to have lost the flair, verve and passion that made them so effective in the first place.

It’s time for a change. It’s time to bring somebody in. Luckily, The Mirror continue to link The Red Devils toAtletico Madrid’s Turkish wing-wizard, Arda Turan. The fleet-footed forward has been whipping up quite a storm in Spain this season. What’s more, his agent hasn’t been shy when it comes to speaking about his client’s future. Check out these quotes:

Arda is currently playing at a big club with big ambitions. He wants to be part of that success, but we must wait and see what happens. An offer from an English club has arrived. As in every transfer, two parties, the player and the club, they must make a decision.”

That’s typical agent talk isn’t it? ‘My client loves his current club, but if a better offer comes along, he may be interested in a move away. Oh and by the way, other clubs are interested so you better act quick’.

Still, it’s not like Arda Turan is any old player. This Atletico Madrid winger is the real deal. He’s been a key part of a team that has taken La Liga by storm this season all whilst managing to make it to theChampionsicon1.png League final.

The Madrid team is thoroughly impressive, as is Turan, who’s lightening quick, works hard and loves to take defenders on. He can often prove to be a full-back’s worst nightmare.

Whilst he’s only scored 3 goals and made 4 assists his season, it’s his build-up play that’s been so important this season. He’s one of those players who tend to deliver the pass before the assist, rather than the assists itself. There’s a reason why Diego Simeone has played him on such a regular basis.

Here’s hoping that Manchester United are the club mentioned by Turan’s agent. Let’s also hope that Louis Van Gaal is able to close the deal.

redrus

Never seen Rooney looking so lean and mean, whether that translates to performance on the pitch we will see.

It's make or break time for his international career and they are talking about playing him wide left no,no no, no. does not have the pace or desire.

Been saying it for 2 years Rooney could be the attacking midfielder that has been missing since Scholsey hung up his boots , some of Rooneys diagonal balls have been simply Scholesish

• Like 1

^ Arda is a Liverpool fan mate ...and we get linked every transfer window for (I think) the last 3 to 4years, so it is probably us againsmile.png . Good player thoughthumbsup.gif

Didn't know about this one though! Agent Moyes sorted it thoughwink.png

Arda Turan: "Manchester United reached an agreement with Atletico to buy me last summer but they changed their plan and bought Fellaini."

^ Arda is a Liverpool fan mate ...and we get linked every transfer window for (I think) the last 3 to 4years, so it is probably us againsmile.png . Good player thoughthumbsup.gif

Didn't know about this one though! Agent Moyes sorted it thoughwink.png

Arda Turan: "Manchester United reached an agreement with Atletico to buy me last summer but they changed their plan and bought Fellaini."

Ha Ha ! Another nail in a long sealed coffin.tongue.png

Have Man Utd actually made any deals yet?

Yeah yeah, I know, we have most players in the world on our short list.

Which is nice.

But has any deal gone through yet?

Seem to me we already are about to lose out to the other teams regarding signings.

"Giggs Fancies United Manger Job.....The Welshman took the reins following the sacking of David Moyes last season and is set to become Louis van Gaal's assistant, but believes he could be given the job in future"

Watch yer back LVG, This boy has historybiggrin.png

while we're at it, better watch your missus/sister/daughter as wellwink.png

Edited by wilai

I never had him down as a chubby chaser.

2505_Brenda_VG.jpg

Shittttttt! Last time I was in Holland the girls were ok. Something has gone badly wrong, Thought footballers had their pick? Maybe the Dutch weren't on big wages in his day!

• Like 1

Don't know about the WAGs, but modern day footballers are as fit as butchers' dogs.

Milner for example averages 12 kilometres every match. That's over 7 miles in English money. facepalm.gif

No doubt Louis and his backroom staff at UNITED will keep up with the top EPL teams.

2505_Brenda_VG.jpg

Shittttttt! Last time I was in Holland the girls were ok. Something has gone badly wrong, Thought footballers had their pick? Maybe the Dutch weren't on big wages in his day!

We were talking about Giggs and those are LvG's daughters...

2505_Brenda_VG.jpg

Wouldn't have that was rocket science.whistling.gif

• Like 1

2505_Brenda_VG.jpg

Better let Fellaini go then.

smile.png

Right.

In deference to redrus request to forget the history........

If van Gaal can get UNITED playing like the Dutch, there will be fireworks in the EPL next season.

RVP plus van Gaal obviously works.

Devastatingly good against Spain.

Pellegrini, Rodgers, Wenger, and Mourinho could have a battle on their hands. So could the English press.

Don't reckon van Gaal will take any crap from anyone.

Interesting.

• Like 1