Manchester United

redrus

RVP plus van Gaal obviously works.

There ain't no doubt Robin's header was superb but it was another Robben that was the star of that game. And he ain't at United.

Must admit, I am amused this morning at United fans getting giddy about Van Gaal

Up to you guys.

Not sure how much time van Gaal will need, but UNITED will return.

Dangerous as hell.

Robben back in the prem would be interesting.

smile.png

they might well but i don't really get these snap judgements being made. example, Fabregas has a poor game and now its a dodgey signing even though he's already proved he can excel in the premier league. Diego Costa, scorer of thirty-six goals last season looks a disaster....van Gaal gets a pass through the excellence of Robben and a terrific headed goal by van Persie so now van Gaals bound to be a success in a league that he has never managed.

Honestly, some of you need to get back to reality!

• Like 1

There ain't no doubt Robin's header was superb but it was another Robben that was the star of that game. And he ain't at United.

Must admit, I am amused this morning at United fans getting giddy about Van Gaal

Star of the game was van Gaal.

Clearly top quality.

Had Bousquets for breakfast.

smile.png

Edited by P45Mustang

Star of the game was van Gaal.

Clearly top quality.

Had Bousquets for breakfast.

smile.png

Star of the game was Robben. Add to that Iker Cassillas had a dreadful evening.....don't think either was down to van Gaal

Up to you guys.

Dangerous as hell.

smile.png

they might well but i don't really get these snap judgements being made. example, Fabregas has a poor game and now its a dodgey signing even though he's already proved he can excel in the premier league. Diego Costa, scorer of thirty-six goals last season looks a disaster....van Gaal gets a pass through the excellence of Robben and a terrific headed goal by van Persie so now van Gaals bound to be a success in a league that he has never managed.

Reality is carmine...as a chav I am worried about van Gaal at UNITED.

Might be wrong though.

smile.png

thumbsup.gif

Up to you guys.

Dangerous as hell.

smile.png

Might be wrong though.

smile.png

thumbsup.gif

Don't get me wrong, i really rate van Gaal too. Like his football and his record speaks for itself. He's also being linked with some terrific players like Strootman and Sweinsteiger but i just think theres a rather large transition to be made with old school back room staff who only know one managers ways of doing things and all this combined means it'll need time. this job has been made far more difficult by the wreckage left by Moyes.

i think they'll need a couple of seasons before challenging.

• Like 1

Up to you guys.

Dangerous as hell.

smile.png

Might be wrong though.

smile.png

thumbsup.gif

Huge difference between managing a club and a country though. Even if they don't like the manager, the players should be up for it playing for their country in a World Cup. Getting them to be up for it week-in, week-out against the likes of some of the teams in the prem is a different skill for a Manager altogether. We'll just have to see how he does.

• Like 1

Reports tonight that Arsenal captain Vermaelen (28) is about to sign for United.If so ,and they are talking about 10 million pound, I think that's a good signing ,right age

and much needed experience to guide a current young back 4.

The agent of Arsenal captain Thomas Vermaelen has denied claims that the Belgian defender has agreed a deal in principle to join Manchester United.

Kees Vos, who represents the 28 year-old, told the BBC today that no deal is in place with United or any other club, amidst reports that he was Old Trafford bound.

Or maybe not.

• Like 1

van Gaal will need a bit more time than Pellegrini and Mourinho.

Why? It was Pellegrini's first season last year and he never got any time. Van Gaal is supposed to be a super hero isn't he? All the United fans were giddy after Holland played the other day

• Like 1

Just think he's got a bigger job on than Pellegrini and Mourinho had last season.

City and Chelsea were pretty tidy before they arrived.

United is a rebuild.

I'd give van Gaal 2 seasons to rise to the top again.

But what do I know.

United is a rebuild.

Only a season ago they were champs by a furlong and a half. Taking on a useless manager was the issue, not the players. How can a squad like that deteriorate over a summer? A few additions and they should be competing this year.

• Like 1

I'm not convinced of the argument mrbojangles.

UNITED were champs with Fergie and considerably less competition.

(Moyes was never going to do anything).

If I was UNITED management I would give van Gaal as much slack as he asks for.

If that is 2 seasons, I wouldn't argue.

van Gaal won't be pi**ing about.

If they aren't top of the league after those, they are stuffed.

Give over.....

You're 'it's all fixed' cries have started already, you can't be that worried, we've not even signed anyone 'yet'.....

redrus

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Give over.....

You're 'it's all fixed' cries have started already, you can't be that worried, we've not even signed anyone 'yet'.....

Come off it Russ. I'm not crying "it's fixed" at all. Simply stating a fact that after the first six games you should be top, if not, then you have no chance of getting top 4 this year . You have what must be the easiest opening games, that you cannot deny.

Give over.....

Come off it Russ. I'm not crying "it's fixed" at all. Simply stating a fact that after the first six games you should be top, if not, then you have no chance of getting top 4 this year . You have what must be the easiest opening games, that you cannot deny.

Getting your excuses in earlier and earlier old man......

redrus

• Like 1

£200mil through the window should, in theory, sort the first 6 games out.

Happy Christmas Mr van Gaal. smile.png

UNITED will be dangerous.

Guarantee it.

I'm gonna categorically state right here right now and again say......., 'we do not have £200 million, and we'll be lucky to see even £100 million, the Glazers will not part with that much cash.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not.

redrus

Give over.....

Getting your excuses in earlier and earlier old man......

redrus

Go on then. If you are going to compete for a top 4, who out of those first 6 games can you afford to drop points? No excuses from me matey, we will finish higher than you again.