Manchester United

redrus

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I can't help being funny, especially seeing as it's winding Carm'Mr Doom'ine up. alt=laugh.png>

redrus

Rus, when the self obsessed labelling of ABU's rears it little head its hardly me who is wound up is it!! alt=biggrin.png>

Its always nice to see United climbing the table. If for no other reason that all of a sudden the likes of bkk james and petermlk return to the forum!!! I see the same 3 or 4 posters on here, rain or shine. Then all of a sudden the fair weather supporters appear!! alt=clap2.gif> alt=clap2.gif>

Fair weather or not I started watching United as a 13 year old back in 1961/62 when they signed Denis Law (my all time favourite) throughout the years I have admired the great sides of the times Spurs with Danny Blanchflower/Dave Mackay Burnley with Jimmy Adamson/Jimmy McIlroy, Forest and Derby under Brian Clough Liverpool under countless managers Arsenal "the invincibles" in particular- Everton when they had Ball Harvey and Young in there midfield Chelsea and Man City of late- watching and enjoying seeing good football played by which ever team has been a passion throughout my life-the only exception being the dark days of Leeds United............I have seen the ups and downs of United also and how football has become big business now,not just a sport anymore- times change, but what has not changed is my alliegence to possibly one of the finest football clubs in the world a club that you either love or hate and sadly so many supporters of other inferior English clubs are envious of the success and achievements United have made throughout the years in fact jealousy and bitterness has become the norm from the majority, hence the term ABU,s -last season the ABU,s had a field day even though their club may have been losing, the fact that United were rubbish it gave them great satisfaction-wer,e crap but it doesn,t matter United are also........pathetic attitude and you cannot have a rational discussion with most on here.....no football club has a divine right to success year after year- its not possible and indeed football would become boring if it where, but a question I ask of the ABU,s is simple.... how does your clubs achievement,s over the last 50 years measure up whistling.gif

p.s. don,t all shout at once

If you continue to refer to that childish self obsessed term of an "ABU" then you really don't deserve a reasoned response and you ain't getting one sunshine.

Correct me if i'm wrong but i don't remember any of the regular Man Yoo posters having a problem with it either. They just enjoy the crack.

Anyway, if they get upset they just go onto the Spurs thread for a pop!!

Never had an issue with it, yeah, more a source of amusement than anything.

Whats the "Spurs Thread"..?

redrus

It's 7 months of hopeless optimism followed by five months of predictable doom and gloom.

smile.png

Yet its so obvious you would have wanted to be one of us so you could mix with "real" fans and not the armchair Sky era, fickle whiners that pollute the Library now. biggrin.png

Spoke to a gooner the other day who insisted that Eriksen and Cazorla were holding midfielders!! I tried to wisen the mug up but he wasn't having any of it. Enough said!!laugh.png

United, Hated Adored but never Ignored.

Would not want it any other way, all these planks that go to football and buy half and half scarves are what is wrong with our game.

They even sell half n half United and Liverpool &lt;deleted&gt;.

Correct me if i'm wrong but i don't remember any of the regular Man Yoo posters having a problem with it either. They just enjoy the crack.

Anyway, if they get upset they just go onto the Spurs thread for a pop!!

Never had an issue with it, yeah, more a source of amusement than anything.

Whats the "Spurs Thread"..?

redrus

It's 7 months of hopeless optimism followed by five months of predictable doom and gloom.

:)

The sunshine aint far off now!

I wonder what it will take to get mred back on here, maybe a win on Sunday, or me tempting him out to a few jugs of the home brew beer in the Pullman hotelarrow-10x10.png.

Well lets see. It needed a top four position to get Jimbo and Peter"he needs more time"Mik back but i really think you'll need to be challenging for the league for Mr Ed to return. Summit should return if you secure a CL berth and i'm also expecting a few of the others. Loyal supporters!!!!clap2.gif

EDIT.................theres also BigToe and the Toad! They back doored it early in the ginger era of Moyes. Get a top four place and i reckon theres two more to support Rus and Nev.

Toady and I are and have been here all the time supporting our team but refuse to take part in your drivel. coffee1.gif

IF and it's a BIG IF, you know so much about being a Manager why do you not take part in the Prediction League or the Fantasy Football where your overwhelming knowledge and manager skills will be put to the test ? whistling.gif

Moyes was not given the time and money that VG has had, also other changes at the top at the time effected the transfer saga's.

BT biggrin.png

• Like 1

I wonder what it will take to get mred back on here, maybe a win on Sunday, or me tempting him out to a few jugs of the home brew beer in the Pullman hotelarrow-10x10.png.

Well lets see. It needed a top four position to get Jimbo and Peter"he needs more time"Mik back but i really think you'll need to be challenging for the league for Mr Ed to return. Summit should return if you secure a CL berth and i'm also expecting a few of the others. Loyal supporters!!!!clap2.gif

EDIT.................theres also BigToe and the Toad! They back doored it early in the ginger era of Moyes. Get a top four place and i reckon theres two more to support Rus and Nev.

Toady and I are and have been here all the time supporting our team but refuse to take part in your drivel. coffee1.gif

IF and it's a BIG IF, you know so much about being a Manager why do you not take part in the Prediction League or the Fantasy Football where your overwhelming knowledge and manager skills will be put to the test ? whistling.gif

Moyes was not given the time and money that VG has had, also other changes at the top at the time effected the transfer saga's.

BT biggrin.png

Participation should be mandatory

This is good.

United 3rd and all of a sudden this thread is popular!!!cheesy.gif

Still think United are due a proper stuffing soon. Un fortunately I dont think it will be City, though I do think we will win Sunday by the odd goal

Mate I have no idea why you are rolling on the floor laughing, the city thread has gone viral since you have been sliding down the league, I have alerts sent to my email and the city thread is SpaMing my inbox.

• Like 1

BT biggrin.png

The Prediction league doesnt interest me but i'll tell you what, yes i could have done a better job than Moyes as could a few on here and i certainly would have retained the backroom staff for starters. His short reign was the total embodiment of stupidity and he only has himself to blame. Quite how my management skills would be tested in your little league is beyond me. So rather than have a snipe, why not discuss what you disagree about my opinions and explain why, that is unless you feel out of your depth? I'd be delighted to engage in some football talk.

Moyes wasn't given the money because he couldn't be trusted with it. His press conferences were poorly handled and gave clear signs it was a job too big for him to handle. Not his fault mind, just the way it is. It was entirely the right decision to sack him.

Is there anything else i can help you with?

Edited by carmine

Been a long dry spell for true United supporters but tonight you could really be proud of that effort.

And for the 2 most maligned players, even by some United supporters, Fellaini and Young they were simply magnificent.

Still a long way to go but the pieces are starting to come together

• Like 2

Kudos. A stand out performance.

LVG making things work without contributions from big money signings Di Maria and Falcao is a sign of his experience and tactical nous. Must be admitted at this point. He's done a heck of a job with a squad that was often floundering. Has even shone flexibility this year when he was constantly being accused of not being able to do so.

bah.gif

• Like 1

Who did you support before that?

Typical comment from a "blue moaner" all your life living in the shadow ..........get a life.....when Sheik Mansoor bought City he was advised it was a "feeder club " of Uniteds and he couldn,t believe how cheaply he could buy a small part of United,s heritage-imagine his shock when he realised the truth.....who follows Pellegrini in the never ending saga of Manchester City.....yawn coffee1.gif

Carmine

Answer the question to my post...extracting the urine you seem to excell in-you are the expert and fountain of knowledge of of all football related topics.....its a simple question really that rquires a simple answer ( to intelligent people that is) what has your team done in the past 50 years that surpasses Manchester United,s record..........whistling.gif

Typical comment from a "blue moaner" all your life living in the shadow ..........get a life.....when Sheik Mansoor bought City he was advised it was a "feeder club " of Uniteds and he couldn,t believe how cheaply he could buy a small part of United,s heritage-imagine his shock when he realised the truth.....who follows Pellegrini in the never ending saga of Manchester City.....yawn coffee1.gif

Carmine

Answer the question to my post...extracting the urine you seem to excell in-you are the expert and fountain of knowledge of of all football related topics.....its a simple question really that rquires a simple answer ( to intelligent people that is) what has your team done in the past 50 years that surpasses Manchester United,s record..........whistling.gif

As supporters, we are lucky to support teams that have had any success; especially as many supporters have had none. To ramble on about how successful your team has been over another is asinine. You may have been born in the right city or jumped on a bandwagon; but who really cares?Just think yourself lucky, and stop dissing other supporters.

I think MU have been great this year (not for style, but for results), and I think 3rd will be a fair result for them. My MU fan mates aren't happy with the way MU are playing, but I say this "Fair play to a team who have had to forget about style and have ground out results". Next year will see if they can do it again, as I can't see the style improving much.

• Like 2

For those that say we have no style and been lucky, well I personally think the last month we have played some fantastic football and we are playing as a team with every player knowing his job, we are a very hard team to beat now and a few more adjustments we will be challenging for the league next season.

Well deserved win and champions league football is nearly in the bag.

Fair weather or not I started watching United as a 13 year old

Typical comment from a "blue moaner" all your life living in the shadow ..........get a life.....

Did I hit a nerve peter? I've put the original quote back in for you. wink.png You stated that you started watching United as a 13yr old. I was simply asking who did you support before that because when I was a 13yr old every schoolboy had already got their colours truly nailed to their chest for years.

Well done on the win yesterday BTW

• Like 2

Typical comment from a "blue moaner" all your life living in the shadow ..........get a life.....

Did I hit a nerve peter? I've put the original quote back in for you. wink.png You stated that you started watching United as a 13yr old. I was simply asking who did you support before that because when I was a 13yr old every schoolboy had already got their colours truly nailed to their chest for years.

THIRTEEN?....Jaysis were you in a coma from the age of six???

BJ

I was fortunate as a kid living in an area just 30 minutes away from clubs such as Burnley (what a side they had in the 60,s) Bolton/Bury/Oldham/Rochdale/City and United, and my dad was a coach driver (charabang,s in them days) so I used to tag along with him when he took the football special,s I went along- free ride and entrance into the ground in those days-I remember Newcastle in the second division coming for a night match at Gigg Lane-there must have been a dozen coaches from Newcastle in the car park-can you remember the Lancashire Senior Cup competition? maybe not but Burnley played their old enemies Blackburn at Turf Moor in the competition,night match again and there were 35,000+ in the ground so in my early years I was happy to watch any football with no particular allegiance to anyone-then before the start of the 61/62 season Matt Busby paid £115,000 to Torino for Denis Law that was the catalyst for my support. thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

BJ

I was fortunate as a kid living in an area just 30 minutes away from clubs such as Burnley (what a side they had in the 60,s) Bolton/Bury/Oldham/Rochdale/City and United, and my dad was a coach driver (charabang,s in them days) so I used to tag along with him when he took the football special,s I went along- free ride and entrance into the ground in those days-I remember Newcastle in the second division coming for a night match at Gigg Lane-there must have been a dozen coaches from Newcastle in the car park-can you remember the Lancashire Senior Cup competition? maybe not but Burnley played their old enemies Blackburn at Turf Moor in the competition,night match again and there were 35,000+ in the ground so in my early years I was happy to watch any football with no particular allegiance to anyone-then before the start of the 61/62 season Matt Busby paid £115,000 to Torino for Denis Law that was the catalyst for my support. thumbsup.gif

Good reply peter. That's all I was wondering.

• Like 1

Hark now hear United sing, cos City ran away.

And we will fight forever more, because of Derby Day.

That win, along with le double over Liverpool, were needed more than a cup win to be totally honest.

redrus