Manchester United

redrus

28 minutes ago, nev said:

Yes, we have self generated our own money for years through gate receipts and sponsorships, I think we can justify spending, currently stands it has cost us £76mil quid a league title, city stands at £500mil quid per title, Liverpool £900mil quid and nowt.

I know you generate your own money which of course is fair enough, i, as you know was just having a chuckle at the inference that winning the Europa would generate valuable transfer funds when we all know you have bucket loads anyway!!  But as i said its self generated.

• Like 2

May I take this opportunity of offering my congratulations to MUFC in reaching the final of another European competition,I,m sure many other true English football fans on this forum will join with me in wishing them all the best in the final....:thumbsup:

then again pigs may fly:cheesy:

3 hours ago, petermik said:

May I take this opportunity of offering my congratulations to MUFC in reaching the final of another European competition,I,m sure many other true English football fans on this forum will join with me in wishing them all the best in the final....:thumbsup:

then again pigs may fly:cheesy:

I think dislike of United has a lot to do with supporters that hold the attitude that you do.  That feeling of entitlement and your poxy juvenile abu term.....even much bigger clubs like Madrid, Barca Chelsea and Bayern don't display such audacity.  You are the architects of your own dislike and its plain to see you embrace it.  So Pete, stop whining.

btw,  Mourinho looked like he'd swallowed a turd at the post match press conference. Still trying to prove to the media what an enigmatic genius he is to the gathered press corp?

I think dislike of United has a lot to do with supporters that hold the attitude that you do.  That feeling of entitlement and your poxy juvenile abu term.....even much bigger clubs like Madrid, Barca Chelsea and Bayern don't display such audacity.  You are the architects of your own dislike and its plain to see you embrace it.  So Pete, stop whining.

btw,  Mourinho looked like he'd swallowed a turd at the post match press conference. Still trying to prove to the media what an enigmatic genius he is to the gathered press corp?

Chelsea lol?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, smedly said:

serious question

how can a ref play advantage to a very obvious foul then blow offside at the next touch of the ball ?

I don't know how far out the foul was, but in general how can Ref's think that playing advantage when a foul is within 10 meters of the penalty area is an advantage !!

Fellaini, MOM from many critics ,now becoming a crowd favourite and  a match winner.Amazing how  football results can change fickle peoples opinions.

Even Pogba got a MOM from one or two scribes.

The melee was interesting I thought for one moment Valencia was going to get red too.Silly from Bailly ,along with Valencia he has been probably the pick of the defenders this season.very composed normally and a very bright future in fron of him.

So its obvious where the priority for United now lies,the next 2 weekends team selections will be interesting.

Finally Zlatan and his family have apparently packed their bags and moved on.

What breath of fresh air he was 28 goals in 46 appearances but his prescence lifted the club ,the fans and the young players coming through.

21 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

I don't know how far out the foul was, but in general how can Ref's think that playing advantage when a foul is within 10 meters of the penalty area is an advantage !!

I gave up thinking what is going through ref's minds many seasons ago.I am still of the belief that post match explanations could be given but that wont happen.

Wait until video technolgy comes aboard that will cause even more confusion

10 hours ago, carmine said:

Some time ago through this forum two/three regular contributors made virtually the same comment i.e. that I was wasting my time trying to hold a rational conversation regarding anything related to MUFC with a certain individual on here as his deep seated bitterness towards the club was well known.Being relatively new here I chose to give this "gentleman" the benefit of the doubt....what a silly mistake :thumbsup:

I have no need to name him as I,m absolutely sure most of the regular normal members on here know exactly who I,m referring to :whistling:

And to the chaps who tried warning me initially please accept my apologies for doubting your wisdom :wai:

29 minutes ago, petermik said:

Some time ago through this forum two/three regular contributors made virtually the same comment i.e. that I was wasting my time trying to hold a rational conversation regarding anything related to MUFC with a certain individual on here as his deep seated bitterness towards the club was well known.Being relatively new here I chose to give this "gentleman" the benefit of the doubt....what a silly mistake :thumbsup:

I have no need to name him as I,m absolutely sure most of the regular normal members on here know exactly who I,m referring to :whistling:

And to the chaps who tried warning me initially please accept my apologies for doubting your wisdom :wai:

^ perhaps if you didnt come ax as such a condesending pr....k  it might help .

Edited by 3 minus 2

3 minutes ago, nev said:

Made hard work of it, but hey we are in the final and one win away from champions league next season.

Yes it was a struggle but we should be used to that. Some comments about it was only Celte Viga, well they have  had wins over Real Madrid and Barcelona this season.

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"May I take this opportunity of offering my congratulations to MUFC in reaching the final..."...nice one.

So anybody see anything of Ajax this season? Any good? Who's the favourite in Sweden?

Watched them earlier this season ,seem a very young and talented squad.Always been a strong club. I don't think there is a favourite as yet.

I'm glad its a one off game ,  2 legs brings in parking the bus far too often

47 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"May I take this opportunity of offering my congratulations to MUFC in reaching the final..."...nice one.

So anybody see anything of Ajax this season? Any good? Who's the favourite in Sweden?

very young side and still developing really. nothing like the resources and money that the glams have. united will be bookies' favourites by a stretch.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Special thanks should go to former MC starlet John Guidetti.

11 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

^ perhaps if you didnt come ax as such a condesending pr....k  it might help .

Having tried in the distant past to have an educated and factual discussion with our esteemed contributor without success sadly I have been brought down to his level,as you are relatively new on TVF of course you are not to know this,with a little more knowledge your reply may have taken a different view.......:thumbsup:

Sometimes fighting fire with fire is the only option :sad:

4 hours ago, StevieH said:

very young side and still developing really. nothing like the resources and money that the glams have. united will be bookies' favourites by a stretch.

Coming second in the comp I believe and 7 Under 21's in the side last time out. Always produced great talent

Seen a lot of 'We want Man U to lose' stuff last couple of days.

Don't really get that vibe myself so well done.

I am expecting an absolute battle in the final given what is at stake.

Do Ajax get automatic CL qualification through the Dutch league?

Edited by smokie36

42 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Do Ajax get automatic CL qualification through the Dutch league?

The Dutch aren't in the top 10 European leagues, so the top 2 of the Everiserde (sp) have to go in the qualifying stage. The Europa winner qualifies for automatic group stage in the CL I think.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

The Dutch aren't in the top 10 European leagues, so the top 2 of the Everiserde (sp) have to go in the qualifying stage. The Europa winner qualifies for automatic group stage in the CL I think.

Yes I thought so, will be a huge carrot for them too then.

A Camberwell carrot scene just leaped into my mind....an extra point for first to name the film please.

Well the quiz can jump threads can't it? :biggrin:

23 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yes I thought so, will be a huge carrot for them too then.

A Camberwell carrot scene just leaped into my mind....an extra point for first to name the film please.

Well the quiz can jump threads can't it? :biggrin:

It's not Steve sidwell it? Just watching him on a rerun avfc v bha.

Sorry will try to read more accurately!

Edited by Rc2702

5 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

It's not Steve sidwell it? Just watching him on a rerun avfc v bha.

Sorry will try to read more accurately!

I think he means Jimmy Liddel.

11 hours ago, balo said:

Guidetti should have scored and it would have been a disaster for United. Instead you saved the season..

Without a doubt.  Somehow he contrived to miss that and it saved Mourinho.   Didn't see the game but apparently the quality of football was described as utterly dreadful.  Spanks of very talented young players being ordered to play the Jose way.  

• Like 1

Can't help thinking that if Mourinho sets up to attack us on sunday and plays a certain attacking three United could cause us problems and demonstrate they have the players to play fast fluid football.  Doubt he will but the talent is there.  As everything is now seemingly resting on a win in Stockholm its a gilt edged opportunity to go out and really give it a go.