Manchester United

redrus

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Once the country's best stadium, tired Old Trafford is now showing its age

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/06/countrys-best-stadium-tired-old-trafford-now-showing-age/

Do you ManU fans feel this article is fair reflection of your ground, owners and current situation or a hatchet job?

Since the Glazer leaches have taken over a lack of money has been spent bringing it up to world standard, and the main stand should have been extended over the railway years ago.

On 12/7/2017 at 10:08 AM, nev said:

Since the Glazer leaches have taken over a lack of money has been spent bringing it up to world standard, and the main stand should have been extended over the railway years ago.

I posted about the plans for extending the main stand on here a year ago nev.....the land that the railway is on is owned by the church (not know which one) apparently and negotiations are ongoing,already the Glaziers have bought up other surrounding areas of land,the ultimate plan IS to extend the main stand bringing the capacity up to around 96,000.

Will it happen? time alone will tell...:whistling:

Big game sunday (after the scousers of course) when we welcome our neighbours from across the city,may the best team on the day win.....without Pogba my prediction is a draw :sorry:

• Like 1

On 12/7/2017 at 2:55 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Once the country's best stadium, tired Old Trafford is now showing its age

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/06/countrys-best-stadium-tired-old-trafford-now-showing-age/

Do you ManU fans feel this article is fair reflection of your ground, owners and current situation or a hatchet job?

Jim White is a City fan and has misused his article to take a dig at United. 

United's marquee signing in the summer was Lukaku, at City it was Kyle Walker. United have increased capacity of the disabled area at the Scoreboard End, regardless of whether Jim White noticed it. Pogba was a world record signing when United bought him.

I am no United fan, but if poor WIFI and iffy pies are major concerns for Jim White, he should thank his lucky stars.

Too many journalists think they are celebrities who deserve VIP treatment. I did think Jim White was above that, but apparently not. Shame.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, champers said:

United's marquee signing in the summer was Lukaku, at City it was Kyle Walker. United have increased capacity of the disabled area at the Scoreboard End, regardless of whether Jim White noticed it. Pogba was a world record signing when United bought him.

I am no United fan, but if poor WIFI and iffy pies are major concerns for Jim White, he should thank his lucky stars.

Too many journalists think they are celebrities who deserve VIP treatment. I did think Jim White was above that, but apparently not. Shame.

champers

there are folk out there only too ready to have a pop at United for any reason, it,s all about jealousy......reds fans are used to it....if the club were not as successful as they are no one would be bothered to comment.

76,000 keep on turning up to watch them at OT and whenever they are away its usually the home clubs biggest game/gate of the season.......wonder why?

28 minutes ago, champers said:

No he isn't. He's a staunch United fan and in addition to the Telegraph, he writes for United We Stand. Unless I'm thinking of a different Jim White but I'm pretty sure it's this one

52 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

No he isn't. He's a staunch United fan and in addition to the Telegraph, he writes for United We Stand. Unless I'm thinking of a different Jim White but I'm pretty sure it's this one

Apologies, Mr BoJ. You are right and I am wrong.

Strike out my first paragraph, but I stand by the rest. Looking forward to the match tomorrow. May the best team win.

9 hours ago, petermik said:

champers

there are folk out there only too ready to have a pop at United for any reason, it,s all about jealousy......reds fans are used to it....if the club were not as successful as they are no one would be bothered to comment.

76,000 keep on turning up to watch them at OT and whenever they are away its usually the home clubs biggest game/gate of the season.......wonder why?

what's it like up there petermik...

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, petermik said:

champers

Joking lad no one is jealous of your team. For 20 years you had a beautiful period and the kids have grew up to see that game as a benchmark, a must see, a gotta be there.nagged parents etc.

That's where it starts and that's where it ends. To casually share it with the neighbours etc, likely to gloat. It's glamorous for some but jealousy, Never.

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Joking lad no one is jealous of your team. For 20 years you had a beautiful period and the kids have grew up to see that game as a benchmark, a must see, a gotta be there.nagged parents etc.

That's where it starts and that's where it ends. To casually share it with the neighbours etc, likely to gloat. It's glamorous for some but jealousy, Never.

Watching Utd from the early 90's until 2013 was an absolute pleasure from a football perspective....not so much if they were playing you usually but total quality.

Now its very much less attractive....when Scholes retired it was the end of the era....no idea why any of em would whine about it....great team, era for em and manager.

10 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

what's it like up there petermik...

Couldn't make it up could you!!!  The die hard RAG just doesn't get it.  No ones jealous of Man United.  Why would anyone be?  Ferguson's unprecedented era is long, long gone now and United are just part of the chasing pack.  Nothing wrong with that mind, but thats exactly what it is.

Some of us might feel a tinge of envy towards the two power houses of Madrid and Barcelona but they are at the top of the european elite.  Peter somehow seems to be trying to put United in that category but sadly, they are not.  

The stadium sells it 76000 capacity but the police figures suggest a much lower turnout.  Nothing wrong again, but you shouldn't try and make out something which its not.

United are the biggest club in this country but i think the real jealousy comes from the likes of the RAG that struggles to accept that they are not top of the european elite and will never be.  Hence the "everyone hates us" baloney, when in reality none of us actually give a toss.

2 hours ago, petermik said:

Well played City....much the better side and fully deserved the 3 points.....can they be caught :whistling:

a couple hours ago.my s.p.bookie in sydney rang me and said.that he pay up now.providing i pay for lunch. when in sydney in april i immediately accepted the kind offer.so he thinks mcity ate over the line

Edited by evenstevens

On 11/12/2017 at 11:53 AM, mrbojangles said:

Sorry nev, did I skip over your post congratulating City on the win :thumbsup:

On 11/12/2017 at 12:09 PM, nev said:

Nah move on is all we can do, looking forward to the next game.

On 11/12/2017 at 12:48 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

Next season more like 555

City are playing some excellent football at the moment no question,but you two chaps can remember the horse Devon Loch I,m sure......it ain,t over until the winning post is cleared and the fat lady sings.....long way to go yet :whistling:

p.s. congratulations on the newly created winning run BTW :thumbsup:

14 hours ago, petermik said:

City are playing some excellent football at the moment no question,but you two chaps can remember the horse Devon Loch I,m sure......it ain,t over until the winning post is cleared and the fat lady sings.....long way to go yet :whistling:

p.s. congratulations on the newly created winning run BTW :thumbsup:

If it ain't over who are you suggesting might catch them?  

16 hours ago, petermik said:

...it ain,t over until the winning post is cleared and the fat lady sings.....long way to go yet :whistling:

Blimey Peter. When you have supported City for as long as me you always wait till the fat lady has sung............and then wait again until she has finished her encore. You won't have seen me post a single time saying we are going to win the prem.

We didn't even gloat much about winning at you gaff last week. I have relatives who are Reds and I guess I sort of feel sorry for them having to watch that garb every week :tongue:

I definitely don't think it's over! All it takes is a few key injuries, a bad loss so confidence goes, etc. I read the other day that the biggest leads from which a team failed to become Champions was (1) Keegan's Newcastle who lost a 12 point lead to ManU and (2) Fergies ManU who lost a 10 point lead to Liverpool (both last century). So it could happen. Fingers crossed.

11 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I definitely don't think it's over! All it takes is a few key injuries, a bad loss so confidence goes, etc. I read the other day that the biggest leads from which a team failed to become Champions was (1) Keegan's Newcastle who lost a 12 point lead to ManU and (2) Fergies ManU who lost a 10 point lead to Liverpool (both last century). So it could happen. Fingers crossed.

That was Ferguson's United as opposed to Mourinho's and theres a very, very big difference.  

For starters Ferguson would have taken the game to you last weekend, seized the initiative , thrown down the challenge.  With a team in City's form and squad depth you are not going to win the title over them by sitting back and hoping they make a mistake, or get injuries.  You have to wrestle it from them, something that Mourinho has shown he doesn't have the balls to do.  He basically held out a big white flag that read "i know you are better"

• Like 1

Can see how you really missed Pogba...he could be a great player with a good coach. 

Speaking of which, more bellwhiffery last night from the sorest of losers, the man can not define the word humility. 

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Can see how you really missed Pogba...he could be a great player with a good coach. 

Speaking of which, more bellwhiffery last night from the sorest of losers, the man can not define the word humility. 

Any team would miss a player like Pogba.  He's superb.  But with his 300m spend you'd think Jose would have had very adequate back up at his disposal because a physical central midfielder is always going to pick up knocks and cards.  

And as for sore losers, what did you expect from Jose Mourinho?!!    Very sad nonetheless that he felt the need to call Bristol lucky.  This kind of result happens in the cup and the coach of the "giants killed" is always best served being magnanimous in defeat and showing their humbler side. 

Nice to see Zlatan back and scoring.  Incredible comeback from a player, especially of his age.

• Like 1