Manchester United

redrus

Just now, RickG16 said:

Don't know why that posted three times. Sue me.

Nah fair play Rick.  You like to swim deeper than most Utd fans on here and at least you don't go round using emoticons with every message. Something wrong with that imo. 

I think a fair portion of the blame is Mourinho and if factors like not getting his Mrs/family to commit to Manchester, losing his trusted Right hand and on top of that his acquisitions have not come to fruition.

He has to be accountable and if his team sucked that much he should have sold players he did not rate.

It's a strong team and with the right tactics and manager I think they can perform.

Part of me thinks Mourinho just wants to do it his way and only his way and he is not prepared to change even if he has the talent at his disposal.

He is displaying the 3rd year syndrome that has followed his career and it's becoming a circus.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

Nah fair play Rick.  You like to swim deeper than most Utd fans on here and at least you don't go round using emoticons with every message.

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

losing his trusted Right hand

Part of me thinks Mourinho just wants to do it his way

First thing is mysterious to me and the illustrates how little we do know.... What I don't like is people piecing together newspaper speculation and pretending they know everything.

And yeah... If you would have been as successful as Jose I think most if us would back their own judgment 

14 hours ago, Kadilo said:

He must be on the brink now. United are a massive club and with that comes massive responsibilities. There’s no use cracking on about Ambassodors etc if your main man is embarrassing the club worldwide with his tantrums irrespective of results.  Bobby Carlton et al must be cringing looking on. 

Poch fits their profile. Well spoken, respectful at all times and recognised now as one of the best coaches in the world. Personally I dont think he would go there as he’s got unfinished business at Spurs. 

A far better, well thought out response.  Pochettino will leave Spurs at some stage and go to one of the big six but the timings right now makes that highly unlikely.

Zidane must be the red hot bookies favorite, if not now but very soon.

10 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

I think the reluctance to hire Mourinho is starting to show. He has got it very wrong in terms of recruitment and his management style is not suiting the team. I think he needs to exit as he's clearly lost both the dressing room and the boardroom and is now in outburst mode.

Seriously need a plan B and Zidane without 1 minute of PL experience is not it. I believe they are a capable team and someone could come in and make a big impact fast.

How much management experience did he have in Spain before Real Madrid?

6 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Trust me I don't feel intimidated by the big horrible people on Thai visa. More I don't have the power to respond. I enjoy talking to people on here even if they don't support my club.

But what we have here is a complex problem which equates to more than 'blame Mourinho'. For that reason I usually check redcafe (dot) com in moments like this where we get down and dirty about what exactly is wrong on a more in depth level. What I definitely won't be doing is listening to anything an American who happens to have watched the match is saying. 

But you are the one making unpleasant replies!!!

I have been out travelling so did not see the game, but I will hit the replay button tonight. Spurs going for the title this year, watch out City.

And Mourinho is out well before Xmas.

14 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Seriously need a plan B and Zidane without 1 minute of PL experience is not it.

You make a very good point as does RonniePickering22 when he said...………."Zidane did a runner when he knew his team was breaking up".

11 minutes ago, xylophone said:

You make a very good point as does RonniePickering22 when he said...………."Zidane did a runner when he knew his team was breaking up".

Nor was it a team he built....just another glory name at the head of things.

You only need to look at the likes of Bale who is flourishing now Zidane has gone.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nev said:

All this talk about replacing Mourinio he ain't going nowhere i am very confident we will turn this all around the season is only 3 games in.

On the upside some of the better players have been so bad they have to hit form eventually (Lukaku, Alexis etc).

But the central defence issue isn't going away. The question is whether you keep rotating them until we keep a clean sheet, or you just back who you think is the best pairing. Rojo coming back wouldn't be such a bad thing to be honest. 

One concern i learnt yesterday. I knew ManU had 2nd best defensive record last 2 seasons but i learnt that De Gea received the 5th most shots on goals last season and 2 of those teams were relegated - point is the defence is a porous but is saved by De Gea's brilliance.

10 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

At the current rate, you might get caught up in the relegation battle ?

So be it, I only missed one game when we was in the 2nd Division I am a real fan who supports us win lose or draw not one of the tossers who are not asking for selfies with opposition players ?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RickG16 said:

But the central defence issue isn't going away. The question is whether you keep rotating them until we keep a clean sheet, or you just back who you think is the best pairing. Rojo coming back wouldn't be such a bad thing to be honest. 

United should have been 2-0 up at half time if they had taken there chances,they didn,t and Spurs took theirs and it was game over....enjoyable game and apart from finishing United were good,especially in the first half....been a long time since Spurs got a result at OT so it was due and good luck to them they deserved it in the end :thumbsup:

50 minutes ago, nev said:

All this talk about replacing Mourinio he ain't going nowhere i am very confident we will turn this all around the season is only 3 games in.

You could easily have scored two or three against us had the finishing been better but defensively you are a string vest.

25 minutes ago, nev said:

So be it, I only missed one game when we was in the 2nd Division I am a real fan who supports us win lose or draw not one of the tossers who are not asking for selfies with opposition players ?

In my old man's loft ive got all the home programmes  bar one for that glorious season. Swapped for 5 school dinner tickets with a red. 

28 minutes ago, nev said:

Her indoors still berates me for not talking to Wenger when he was sitting next to me in the airport lounge.

I just wanted him to ferck off with his water and salad the sad winker. :biggrin:

21 minutes ago, petermik said:

United should have been 2-0 up at half time if they had taken there chances,they didn,t and Spurs took theirs and it was game over....enjoyable game and apart from finishing United were good,especially in the first half....been a long time since Spurs got a result at OT so it was due and good luck to them they deserved it in the end :thumbsup:

Haven't  seen the game (only highlights) but that's  the point Maureen  was trying  to get across in the poat match interview - it coukd/should  have  been  so different had chances  been taken.

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

In my old man's loft ive got all the home programmes  bar one for that glorious season. Swapped for 5 school dinner tickets with a red. 

School dinner tickets?

You proper council estate lad lol.

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Haven't  seen the game (only highlights) but that's  the point Maureen  was trying  to get across in the poat match interview - it coukd/should  have  been  so different had chances  been taken.

Conveniently Peter left out the stonewall penalty against Moura.

43 minutes ago, nev said:

I agree, there is no one you could replace him with anyway right now. Took United from 6th to 2nd last season and with a decent points haul. 

However, the longer the issue between him and management goes on the crazier shit Moutinho will keep doing to make his point and that might continue to cost points.