Why Do You Post On Thaivisa ?

soi41

Because Thai Visa forums can be such fun as well as being informative.

I'm on here when I am not making love to a beautiful Thai woman, out partying or watching my favourite television shows on my dvd player.

rolleyes.gif

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm writing a book - perhaps future PhD thesis - entitled:

"The Cross-Cultural Sexual Politics of Polyamory in Thailand: How to keep your health, treasure and sanity intact and remain lord and master."

and you all are my co-authors and editors, working just as hard on the project as I do.

I realize that none of you will need to actually purchase the book once it's been published, but I plan to sponsor TV.com for a while to market it, and hope you'll all help pitch it to your friends as well as all the clueless noobs out there.

PM me to book advance access to forthcoming drafts as well as the final first edition at a greatly reduced rate. . .

;-)

Nothing quite like a light & easy night time read. thumbsup.gif

For better or for worst I am married to a wonderful Thai lady.and as such part of my future involves Thailand.

It is my understanding that most cross cultural marriages fail, do to cultural misunderstandings. With that in mind I started to learn as much about Thailand as possibly

.I came to TV to gain an insight on Thailand from the perspective of the Expat. and on that respect TV has being an invaluable resource to me

And at time it has provided me with a lot of entertainment and the occasional chuclebiggrin.png

Oh... and an excuse to to do any real worklaugh.png

Edited by sirineou

I like winding up the bible bashers!whistling.gif

you mean like "Jesus saves......and Beckam scores on the rebound" ?.....JC playing for Jerusalem United...etc

...lol..thought that Esposido scored on the rebound....?

you mean like "Jesus saves......and Beckam scores on the rebound" ?.....JC playing for Jerusalem United...etc

It was Esposito actually and he played for the Chicago Blackhawks among others in the 1960's. It is a pretty old joke as hockey jokes go. The first time I saw the joke was around 1965 written in a toilet of a library in Detroit after a Chicago vs Detroit game.

You must be the gobshite that the OP was referring to, whatever that means.

Gobshite is a excellent British word and per the definition, you could actually could be classed as one...whistling.gif

gobshite:

Pronunciation: /ˈgɒbʃʌɪt noun vulgar slang, chiefly Irish a stupid, foolish, or incompetent person

I feel so unworthy of that title, but thank you anyway

Nothing quite like a light & easy night time read.

You can be my readability editor, as long as I don't have to target < 10 y.o. reading level.

PS your image didn't make it. . .

I was never good at the less than and greater than symbols.

PM me a draft sometime. You have an original way of looking at things that is always an interesting read.

It was Esposito actually and he played for the Chicago Blackhawks among others in the 1960's. It is a pretty old joke as hockey jokes go. The first time I saw the joke was around 1965 written in a toilet of a library in Detroit after a Chicago vs Detroit game.

Unlike posters, jokes improve with age and repetition.

"I certainly have, Dad. I've only had the shirt two hours, and already I hate the French bastards", to reiterate the last joke I told

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

PM me a draft sometime. You have an original way of looking at things that is always an interesting read.

Why thank you kind sir, does that make all those who hate me unoriginal?

I'm afraid the book's just a twinkle in my eye, spend too much time posting here to write it 8-)

Why thank you kind sir, does that make all those who hate me unoriginal?

I'm afraid the book's just a twinkle in my eye, spend too much time posting here to write it 8-)

I don't see you getting that much angst from other posters Bigjohnny and u seem to handle what does come your way with good grace..

You can still be original and have people dislike what you say. Lets face it, you can agree with people and they will still dislike something.

I don't see you getting that much angst from other posters Bigjohnny and u seem to handle what does come your way with good grace..

You can still be original and have people dislike what you say. Lets face it, you can agree with people and they will still dislike something.

You're right, like water off a ducks back, have never paid much mind to negative people.

I am trying to keep a more open mind though, concede at least the possibility I'm not right about everything. 8-)

I had an Argentina 1978 World Cup poster and an Isle of Man TT races poster on my wall as a boy . Later as a teenager I prefered rock n roll posters by the Damned urging me to play it loud , at my sister . Does that make me a poster boy ?

Sharing knowledge is a great tool and thats why I've become a new member here.

It seems as if the Thai style is to dig into the private lives of "KAKS" or guests and expand

understanding amongst themselves about just how strange we are. Well maybe I'm an alien with an IFO???

Anyone heard any other good rumours about other 'Farangs' here in Thailand?

It seems as if the Thai style is to dig into the private lives of "KAKS" or guests and expand

understanding amongst themselves about just how strange we are. Well maybe I'm an alien with an IFO???

Welcome to Thaivisa WPFflags.gifwelcomeani.gif

You'll find that there isn't a good rumour that we are not capable of making up.......point us in the right direction and we're away!!!! biggrin.png

I just post because I can, oh and I kinda like getting up the noses of the I live here brigade who dislike non expats/residents having an opinion on Thailand and posting on TV, oh and kinda same about those people who sterotype, prejudge and overly generalise about the low class of Issan and so on.

Oh and those upper class know it alls with a hi so Thai /Chinese wife.

Oh and I don't think I'll bother anymore before I upset anyone else.

:o

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Welcome to Thaivisa WPFflags.gifwelcomeani.gif

You'll find that there isn't a good rumour that we are not capable of making up.......point us in the right direction and we're away!!!! biggrin.png

thumbsup.gif

I had an Argentina 1978 World Cup poster and an Isle of Man TT races poster on my wall as a boy . Later as a teenager I prefered rock n roll posters by the Damned urging me to play it loud , at my sister . Does that make me a poster boy ?

Nah, just too old like me. :rolleyes: