Most Effective Method Of Exploring Bd/Sales Roles In Thld?

Hi All,

New poster here. I'm curious to know if anyone can point me to any good sites for Business Development or Sales exec roles in thailand?

I'm currently Melbourne based and in a senior BD role, I'd like to explore opportunities in thailand but am not quite sure how to go about it. I have had a look on linkedin and found plenty of farangs working in similar roles there.

To get to the point(s):

1) Best Thai job boards for farangs?

2) Most effective way to secure a role?

3) Do most farangs work for thai or multinational companies?

4) Would it be better to secure a role with an Australian company that has a presence in thailand and be transferred that way?

Thanks guys :)

1) You said you're in a senior BD role now so I would suggest sending your resume to the executive search firms and let them do the work for you. Google "executive search companies Thailand" and you'll have a reasonable list to work your way through. If you're marketable they will find the positions that may be suitable for you.

Whilst doing that it would probably do no harm to Google "Thailand job websites" and start looking through the job boards but they will be mostly focussed on jobs for Thais.

If you're not already a member join Linkedin.com.

2) If you can afford it and can find the time to do it, plan to visit here as part of your job search program. Then search for the larger multinationals in the industry/industries of your choice and send a well-written email to someone senior within the company (preferably a foreigner) explaining that you are very interested in finding employment in Thailand and informing them of the dates you plan to be here. Attach your resume and ask if it would be possible to schedule a meeting with them whilst you are here... if they reply with a "no" ask if they could recommend a course of action for someone in your position... Use resources such as Linkedin, Chamber of Commerce websites etc. to identify senior executives that you should contact. I wouldn't waste too much time on sending unsolicited emails and your resume to Thai HR Managers - unless they've been told by their boss that morning that the company needs to find a foreign sales executive urgently, it won't get read.

If you can come here then do your research beforehand and plan to attend as many networking events as possible when you are here... Australian Chamber of Commerce events, The Lighthouse Club, Movers & Shakers etc etc. There's no shortage.

3) Most foreigners work for multinational companies, and generally they pay better salaries than Thai companies.

4) Yes.

Good luck - feel free to PM me if you need help with anything.