Ban Krut (Near Bansaphan) Longstay Advice Most Welcome

aarn

Hi folks,

I am heading up that way for 2-3 months. Normally stay at Siripong GH. I wonder if anyone could suggest alternatives - thinking along the lines of single fan room, no TV, within 400m of beach, wifi would be good!

Thanks, AA

We were there last month. Place is literally deserted now, and MANY rooms empty. Best deal is to negotiate with any of the resorts along the beach road. Coconut is one that comes to mind. Sala Thai is nice, and has another resort behind it that is not right on the beach, but much less than 400m. Their bungalows might be had for a reasonable price, especially before November (high season).

Not many farangs there any time of the year (thankfully), so doubt you'll get much anecdotal pricing for what you're looking for. Just go.

I recently stayed at Baan Klang Aow resort. Right on the beach to the south of the main Ban Krut Village. It might suit your needs. http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g1566927-d1901176-r130606884-Baan_Klang_Aow_Beach_Resort-Bang_Saphan_Prachuap_Khiri_Khan_Province.html I would suspect you could negotiate a good price at this time of year.