Phuket Schoolboy, 15 Dies In Thalang Motorbike Crash

webfact

Phuket schoolboy, 15 dies in Thalang motorbike crash

Phuket Gazette

boy.jpeg

Phuket Kusoldharm Foundation workers rushed the boy to Thalang Hospital. He died about two hours later of a blot clot in the brain. Photo: Thawit Bilabdullar.

PHUKET: -- A fifteen-year old Kajonkietsuksa School student died of severe head trauma when he lost control of his motorbike near the Phuket Heroines' Monument last night. Gazette.

His body was claimed by relatives at 11am today.

From an inspection of the accident scene, police suspect the boy may have fallen asleep while operating the Yamaha Fino, which apparently hit the sidewalk curb and catapulted him head first into a roadside utility pole.

No safety helmet was recovered at the scene.

Kajonkietsuksa School director Permkiet Ketkul was unaware of the tragedy when the Gazette contacted him this afternoon.

After expressing his condolences to the family, he said it was possible Mr Wanchai was returning home late after going out to celebrate with friends after finishing mid-term exams earlier in the day.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ticle16378.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-07-07

While tragic, I have a hard time feeling sorry for people who do not exercise common sense and drive without a helmet. Additionally, why is this kid driving a scooter with no license. He is not old enough to get one and his parents should be held accountable. That said, they will have to live with that for the rest of their lives.

• Like 1

While tragic, I have a hard time feeling sorry for people who do not exercise common sense and drive without a helmet. Additionally, why is this kid driving a scooter with no license. He is not old enough to get one and his parents should be held accountable. That said, they will have to live with that for the rest of their lives.

"why is this kid driving a scooter with no license" - because there is no proper public transport system here.

Where did you read he did not have a license? The parents will have to live with this for the rest of their lives. But I think there is no boy in Thailand of 15 that does not drive a motorbike.

RIP.

Edited by stevenl

15 is the age at which one can obtain a motorcycle license. I think if he didn't have a license it would have been mentioend...or maybe not. Pretty common for people to drive unlicensed here.

What is odd is the claim that he fell asleep. People don't fall asleep driving a motorcycle a few km's, they fall asleep after driving a car for hours.

Edited by NomadJoe

a 15 years old can obtain a license but can drive a motorbike of 110cc maximum, this being a yamaha fino 114cc he broke the law.

You have a point. However in practice I believe it is accepted they can drive a motorbike up to 125cc. Less and less 110CC or under bikes left anymore.

Kajonkietsuksa School director Permkiet Ketkul was unaware of the tragedy when the Gazette contacted him this afternoon.

E' Nong (Permkiet) don't know cause he really don't care about the kids... Kanjonkiet Suksa is a business and not a school. Don't surprise me that he don't know... RIP Little Guy

• Like 1

E' Nong (Permkiet) don't know cause he really don't care about the kids... Kanjonkiet Suksa is a business and not a school. Don't surprise me that he don't know... RIP Little Guy

Agree with you it is too much of a business and not enough of a school. But unless one of the parents informed the school how could he know? Blaming him for not knowing seems unfair to me.

• Like 2

15 is the age at which one can obtain a motorcycle license. I think if he didn't have a license it would have been mentioend...or maybe not. Pretty common for people to drive unlicensed here.

What is odd is the claim that he fell asleep. People don't fall asleep driving a motorcycle a few km's, they fall asleep after driving a car for hours.

Agree...how on earth can someone come up with ''falling asleep'' after the fact??..weird comment IMO..unsure.png

Kid could have dodged an animal, or been squeezed to the kerbside by a passing car, or any one of dozens of possible scenarios..

a 15 years old can obtain a license but can drive a motorbike of 110cc maximum, this being a yamaha fino 114cc he broke the law.

I am pretty sure the law states or did state not larger than 100 cc for a 15 year old. The only bike I know of is the Honda Wave "100" which is 97.1 cc. But so what? The poor kid is dead and the family grieving. Who cares about what law he may have broken? Some people just don't seem to have a heart, not alone a clue...

R.I.P young lad. nothing will change from this,from the parents, schools letting the kids bring the bikes into school grounds, police,as the say to often in the land of ? mai pen rai annoyed.gif

It does always sadden me to see the throngs of children, many early teen or pre-teen, always helmetless, 3 or 4 to a bike racing away from school after it is let out. We're not even giving them a chance.

You have a point. However in practice I believe it is accepted they can drive a motorbike up to 125cc. Less and less 110CC or under bikes left anymore.

110cc.

Click, Airblade etc. If the Law says 110cc, then one must find a bike of that meets the laws requirement.

I am pretty sure the law states or did state not larger than 100 cc for a 15 year old. The only bike I know of is the Honda Wave "100" which is 97.1 cc. But so what? The poor kid is dead and the family grieving. Who cares about what law he may have broken? Some people just don't seem to have a heart, not alone a clue...

What would you say if that kid was the responsible of numerous accidents because of his wreckless helmetless driving?

A dangerous bad educated kid will turn into a dangerous maniac and kill many people even if not caught.

Maybe his death was the universe saving future good people from dying because of him?

What would you say if that kid was the responsible of numerous accidents because of his wreckless helmetless driving?

A dangerous bad educated kid will turn into a dangerous maniac and kill many people even if not caught.

Maybe his death was the universe saving future good people from dying because of him?

He wasn't. Have some compassion. Never mind, from your posts I've read, you've never had any.

Whatever happened to kids riding bicycles ? Yes they can still be dangerous but their top speed and acceleration is less. Not to mention that you are unlikely to fall asleep while cycling. Walking to school is also reasonably safe. Untill someone enforces the helmet rule and makes proper training and licencing a reality kids/people will continue to die. Considering that my parents are still concerned about me riding my motorbike at 47 I'm amazed that Thai parents seem happy to let their kids ride a scooter on a daily basis without headgear or boots.

If fact I hardly ever hear Thais warning their kids about anything being dangerous.

wacko.pngpost-4641-1156693976.gif

Well, if it were wreckless it won't be a serious accident.

• Like 1

police suspect the boy may have fallen asleep while operating the Yamaha Fino

Is that the nice way to say he should not been on that motorbike even if he had license and helmet?

Yes, that is how I saw it as well.

Whatever happened to kids riding bicycles ? Yes they can still be dangerous but their top speed and acceleration is less. Not to mention that you are unlikely to fall asleep while cycling. Walking to school is also reasonably safe. Untill someone enforces the helmet rule and makes proper training and licencing a reality kids/people will continue to die. Considering that my parents are still concerned about me riding my motorbike at 47 I'm amazed that Thai parents seem happy to let their kids ride a scooter on a daily basis without headgear or boots.

If fact I hardly ever hear Thais warning their kids about anything being dangerous.

Most kids live too far from their school to walk or even use a bicycle & even if they lived close by there are generally no footpaths. In my day we went to school in the local neighbourhood which had footpaths to walk on & roads where cycling was relatively safe due to the lack of dangerous motorbike & car drivers. Here it is quite the opposite. BTW I feel schools should also be held responsible for allowing students out of the grounds without ensuring they wear helmets when riding a motorcycle.

Edited by Valentine

Most kids live too far from their school to walk or even use a bicycle & even if they lived close by there are generally no footpaths. In my day we went to school in the local neighbourhood which had footpaths to walk on & roads where cycling was relatively safe due to the lack of dangerous motorbike & car drivers. Here it is quite the opposite. BTW I feel schools should also be held responsible for allowing students out of the grounds without ensuring they wear helmets when riding a motorcycle.

kajonkiet has mini vans but then again most people who sends their kids there dont really care about their child's future or safety. cheap 5k baht/semester thai schools are much better.

Edited by Hostile17

He is allowed to drive a 100cc bike at 15 if he has a licence.

Looking at his uniform, he may have been an EP student. The parents should be slapped silly for allowing the child to drive in the first place.

And you want to see students with no helmets, with a school that does not give a dam_n? Watch the kids come and go at Dowroong Villa. They all park the bikes at 711. Less than 10% of them have helmets.

Looking at his uniform, he may have been an EP student. The parents should be slapped silly for allowing the child to drive in the first place.

And you want to see students with no helmets, with a school that does not give a dam_n? Watch the kids come and go at Dowroong Villa. They all park the bikes at 711. Less than 10% of them have helmets.

So you want to slap all Thai parents of 15 year old boys?

blink.png

blink.png

Yes. thumbsup.gif