Second Hand Shopping

calibanjr.

Just moved to Chiang Mai and setting up an office. Looking for house/small office stuff, fridge, filing cabinets, shelving, etc. Any place to point to online or in Chiang Mai? I've tried to search around ThaiVisa and Chiang Mai News Classifieds, Baht&Sold, not much luck. Thanks

David D.

Just watch the ads, especially http://www.chiangmainews.com/classifieds ... Not a big market here for used stuff since new is so cheap, I suppose

For new and retail, I recommend Siam TV for your household stuff

Off topic and I know nothing about Siam TV Chiang Mai, but I can thoroughly recommend Siam TV Lampang, the service there is the best I've found in Thailand for anything, not just electrical product. Hpefully same same in Chiang Mai.

Just watch the ads, especially http://www.chiangmainews.com/classifieds ... Not a big market here for used stuff since new is so cheap, I suppose

For new and retail, I recommend Siam TV for your household stuff

Off topic and I know nothing about Siam TV Chiang Mai, but I can thoroughly recommend Siam TV Lampang, the service there is the best I've found in Thailand for anything, not just electrical product. Hpefully same same in Chiang Mai.

I think it's the same rep with the store in Chomtong.. Smart Chinese family that knows how to provide good service, it seems. Been a steady customer for the last twenty years :o

Just moved to Chiang Mai and setting up an office. Looking for house/small office stuff, fridge, filing cabinets, shelving, etc. Any place to point to online or in Chiang Mai? I've tried to search around ThaiVisa and Chiang Mai News Classifieds, Baht&Sold, not much luck. Thanks

David D.

There are pawn shops on the Chang Peuk side of the moat. They have a lot of the stuff you could be after.

Have you a Thai parner? Send her in first to get prices on stuff before you take a look. You'll save some money that way.

For the cheapest 'startup' (and special-made) for office tables, cabinets and desks, check out Talat Thanin (Thanin Market), which is a couple of kilometers up off of Chotana headed north... Look for the first 7-11 going out, and turn in to the left. Follow your way to the back and look around.

They have a whole group of shops selling anything furniture made from wood.... Mostly, it's a variation of the hiway theme where every roadside seller is selling the same thing... :o

For the cheapest 'startup' (and special-made) for office tables, cabinets and desks, check out Talat Thanin (Thanin Market), which is a couple of kilometers up off of Chotana headed north... Look for the first 7-11 going out, and turn in to the left. Follow your way to the back and look around.

They have a whole group of shops selling anything furniture made from wood.... Mostly, it's a variation of the hiway theme where every roadside seller is selling the same thing... :D

Make sure that the wood from Thanin is ALL painted or treated for termites, or after two months you will get a nasty surprise! :o

Hi,

I am currently out of the country, but I do have a fridge for sale. It is located in the Hangdong area. It is an almost new, less than one year old, Toshiba. Good size for a western family, big by Thai standards (sorry, don't know the exact volume but it is about 26 x 30 x 66 inches). It has an upper freezer. If you are interested, you can email me at [email protected] and I can try to answer any questions, and/or arrange for you to see it.

thanks,

thomas