TrueVisions Launched 17 HD Channels, Blocked Pirate Users Overnight

webfact

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite funny !

This started as talk about what the pirates have to do now !!

And now it is all about the shit the "good guys" pay for from True !

It is only problem problems problems !*

And if i had paid 2000 Baht for such service i would be sure there was some broken furnitures down at the local True office !

But there is not and i am just laughing all the way to the bank !

Have a nice weekend with your "so good TrueVision" systems !

• Like 2

Obviously it must be different in the provinces compared to Bangkok in how True fully activate's a box/card. When True brought the boxes to my house, they plugged them in, a few channels worked which they said is normal until they call some True phone number to fully activate the box/card, they call a number and read off some serial numbers to some True person on the other end (probably some True office that updates account profiles/fully activates boxes/cards), and a few seconds later all Platinum channels are being received.

Maybe the NBL tech guy has some computer/direct access to update your profile but got back to the office too late/after True possibly shuts down additional activatations for the day (i.e., the office folks in Bangkok who update accounts/profiles went home for the day). Hard telling...I know it's got to be very, very frustrating...True has that talent.

The second receiver was activated at 1053 this morning. Their techs must have good working hours.

It's the culture of the True office in NBL. They simply don't care about customer service.

I was just looking at the True website which showed the new HD receiver as being capable of taking 11 HD channels yet on another page they say there are now 17 HD channels. I currently do not subscribe to True after having the platinum package for a long time I changed to the Silver package (which does not seem to exist anymore) when they dropped BBC E a couple of years ago.

Currently they are offering all 17 HD channels on the platinum subscription, the full channel list is available here... http://www.truevisio...o/new/pgs_l.jpg

As part of this I get access to BBC Knowledge, BBC Lifestyle, BBC Entertainment and, my personal favourite, CBeebies! I think these were originally "extra" bolt on channels, but we're paying no extra and get them as part of our platinum subscription now. thumbsup.gif

This jpeg shows no Channel 113 ASN.

So what is it? Is there or is there not ASN?

Not sure why this isn't on the channel list but I have ASN on channel 113 on my platinum subscriptions....

WOrks great, once your change the box, however I lost the PVR recording abilitybah.gif

HD or Recording, hard to determine. But at additional 3XXX for the hard disk! Made me think. Maybe in the future I'll get it, who knows.

The True HD receiver is connected directly to the tv via a high quality QED Performance HDMI cable. I had no problems with the basic HD channels before the upgrade and I also have a blu ray player with the same brand cable that works perfectly when playing bluray discs. Have contacted True who went through some of the options above that Pib already mentioned and are now sending someone to investigate tomorrow. Hopefully they can figure it out.

Strange. If you have the cable, you could try connecting the audio separately to the TV via a standard analogue audio cable... then if your TV allows it pair that to the HDMi input for the True receiver... or try it component video (red, blue & green) with standard audio (white & red), at least that would narrow the issue down to the HDMI output if the synch problem stops.. you could also try swapping over the HDMi cables to prove that it's not a defective cable... and the inputs on the TV to take that out of the equation... (ie use the same cable and input on the TV that you know works with the Bluray player)

Ok, tried changing HDMI cables and swapping inputs on the tv which didn't work. Tried using normal composite video with standard audio cable and the results are the same. The True "technician" came, changed the channels a few times then without even going into any of the settings said that he didn't know how to fix it and it could just be the signal that is sent out like that. If many others had the same issue then I might agree but there only seems to be 2 of us on this thread with that problem. Could be a fault with the receiver I guess..

Have you played with the HD box's Audio settings under Setup > User Setup > Audio? My Audio settings are PCM, PCM, and 0ms.

I have played around with the delay settings there but they only seem to make it worse the further up the scale I go and it's not possible to go the opposite way. Seems odd as usually these issues seem to come from the picture lagging the sound but in my situation it seems the reverse.

And I guess since all TVs are different in what their their Audio settings allow, you played with your TV's Menu Audio Settings?

Yes I have played around with all possible settings on the tv but nothing makes any difference. I tried turning off a simulated surround audio setting which I thought might have been adding processing delay somehow but it made no difference.

• Like 1

Quite funny !

This started as talk about what the pirates have to do now !!

And now it is all about the shit the "good guys" pay for from True !

It is only problem problems problems !*

And if i had paid 2000 Baht for such service i would be sure there was some broken furnitures down at the local True office !

But there is not and i am just laughing all the way to the bank !

Have a nice weekend with your "so good TrueVision" systems !

That's True Vision for you, annoy the people who actually pay good money for the truly awful "service" that True provide, while pirates get rich solving problems True staff can't fix. The worst company I've ever dealt with, bar none.

• Like 2

I really don't know why anyone would bother with such an incompetent service as TrueVision.

Way over priced and shambolically organised.

I can get pretty much everything they show (the films and tv series long before they are broadcast on True) for the cost of an internet connection.

Have you played with the HD box's Audio settings under Setup > User Setup > Audio? My Audio settings are PCM, PCM, and 0ms.

I have played around with the delay settings there but they only seem to make it worse the further up the scale I go and it's not possible to go the opposite way. Seems odd as usually these issues seem to come from the picture lagging the sound but in my situation it seems the reverse.

And I guess since all TVs are different in what their their Audio settings allow, you played with your TV's Menu Audio Settings?

Yes I have played around with all possible settings on the tv but nothing makes any difference. I tried turning off a simulated surround audio setting which I thought might have been adding processing delay somehow but it made no difference.

Yea, I don't use the surround sound setting on my TVs either; the Stereo setting sounds better. Good luck in getting the box fixed...sure sounds like it's a box problem based on the hookups and settings you've tried. I don't have anything else to suggest.

• Like 1

Obviously it must be different in the provinces compared to Bangkok in how True fully activate's a box/card. When True brought the boxes to my house, they plugged them in, a few channels worked which they said is normal until they call some True phone number to fully activate the box/card, they call a number and read off some serial numbers to some True person on the other end (probably some True office that updates account profiles/fully activates boxes/cards), and a few seconds later all Platinum channels are being received.

Maybe the NBL tech guy has some computer/direct access to update your profile but got back to the office too late/after True possibly shuts down additional activatations for the day (i.e., the office folks in Bangkok who update accounts/profiles went home for the day). Hard telling...I know it's got to be very, very frustrating...True has that talent.

The second receiver was activated at 1053 this morning. Their techs must have good working hours.

It's the culture of the True office in NBL. They simply don't care about customer service.

When it's quitting/go home time...it's quitting/go home time!!!!!

• Like 1

MPEG4 only results in a better picture quality if the correct bit-rate is used - if a low bit-rate is employed (to stuff more channels in the same space), then you still get poor quality. So it really means that we have to wait and see what they have done in order to add the extra channels - just about to go and take a look (its nearly 10am).

As the extra channels are all HD, they do require quite a bit of extra bandwidth.

The comment that pirate reception has been blocked is pretty silly - they missed adding "for now"...

if they have paired the viewing card with the box then they have effectively adopted the system as skytv in the UK and pirate screens will stay blank

sky viewing was cracked/pirated even though cards are tied to boxes, people share a box via networking on the internet which has been going on for at least two years that i know of and others just pay a small fee for it each month.!!

F1 on ESPN Star Sports has far too many adverts. Better to watch BBC for the races they cover

!00% agree but you cannot expect something for free and as I say if it were possible I would gladly pay a BBC Internet licence fee for streaming live TV form them. What does really piss me off though is that I understand that with football matches there are no adverts during each half (don;t know for sure as I never watch football). So if this is true it is totally unfair as the same rule should apply to F1 motor racing or at least as it isa longer duration maybe just one break half way through timed not to coincide with the anticipated main round of pit stops. I am not saying it is wrong or unfair for the football fans to get uninterrupted coverage as I feel good luck to them and happy for them too, but it truly IS unfair on the F1 fans out there who get a sham deal on Eurosport /.Starsport with a stupid amount of commercial breaks.

I do have a very good paid for VPN service (which without Geo Blocking I should not need!!!) but often the internet links from Thailand are just not up to it on weekends and you get many annoying pauses, but sometimes it works bloody well with little of no pauses and in high quality mode too so I can then thankfully watch it live on BBC some weeks and free only because the BBC in their stupidity give me no means to pay anything for this service, preferring it seems in their pointless narrow minded idiot way to bar me from enjoying their service !!!!!!!!!!! So once again I have only two choices, either don't watch it or watch it free, so guess what I and any sensible guy would do hmm ???

Jay as I said I usually download the full coverage on HD from The Box or UKNova torrents site and a big NO whoever suggested it there are NO viruses from those sites as they are well managed and pretty secure members only sites. which I have been using for years never with any problems and mainly watch them streamed from my NAS Drives to my Smart TV for maximum quality.

Hi Rayw,

We offer BBC coverage of the F1 season on our service, with no adverts and the very best commentary. The same goes for the forthcoming Olympic coverage. Later this month we will be launching our sports package that will include several channels that feature the very best sporting action from around the world.

You can sign up for our free 2 day trial and see just how high quality our service is, before you commit to becoming a subscriber.

https://www.thaiexpa.../free_trial.php

Best regards,

Admin

hello,

you can stream the uk channels yourself for free using " expat shield " and this includes BBC ITV CHANNELS. they also offer a free package for the USA channels... if advets bug you then you can pay about 20 pounds A YEAR to have their ad free, faster, secure link for downloads. YOU CAN ONLY HAVE UK OR USA PACKAGE INSTALLED AT ONE TIME ON YOUR COMPUTER NOT BOTH AT THE SAME time ...You just connect your PC to a tv for the large screen viewing, or watch on uour laptop. IF you dont have a fast enough internet speed (min 1mb for some 2mb for other channels) then buy the annual ad free package at a faster speed.

I use the std free uk download and have been watching open golf, "line of duty" series which you can download onto bbc desk top player ...keeps it for about 30 days for you to watch...you just select record series and it downloads for you when they are available...

another SUPPLIER source that lets you have a VERY LARGE SELECTION is VPNUK http://vpnuk.info/uk-tv-abroad.html FOR 5.99 PER MONTH 300 BAHTS you can have access to uk and usa channels. THIS IS SUPER FAST link mega choice.!!! cheers.

None of the new HD channels make me regret cancelling my subscription with True. If I wanted to pay to be brainwashed, I'd join Scientology. Moronic commercial breaks for 40% of the time aren't any more palatable in HD.

Agreed

Too much product Advertising.

Too much advertising TRUEVISION "social" programs!

Schedules all different - Frequently I'd find that the program schedules were all different. Website (which never worked well anyway - you had to type a search IN CAPITALS OR IT WOULD NOT WORK), IOS App, Their own PVR. Ridiculous.

Now they close the system to only use their boxes, but I bought one of their PVR's previously for about 12KBt. A year or so later, they tell me I have to get a new one for HD. No upgrade path, no trade in, just throw it away! No value elsewhere because it's tied to TRUE!!!

I feel sorry for the people that bought their own 3rd party PVR's but at least you can still use them if you switch to another company.

HBO HD? You're having a laugh. A LOT of the movies are not actually HD, just upscaled. even more are broadcast at 16:9 when in fact they are 4:3 movies. Complete mess.

I have no interest in ANY of the programs they provide except for the Live Sport (including football) since they hold the license to broadcast it. But do they have a subscription for Sport only? No of course no, you have to pay for the Platinum package or whatever its called (or pay for a different package and pay for as an add-on service which was just a complicated mess).

Frequently when I was a subscriber the SCHEDULED football match I wanted to watch was either not actually being shown, or the language was Thai even on the English audio setting. After 10pm so no chance of support, the only option was to call the Control Center for which I managed to eventually get the phone number! Even then it took them half the match to sort it out....

Over priced, badly run, and no idea about customer service or satisfaction.

Edited by cyborgx

I get everything I want to watch or hear via the internet in much higher quality and on demand waiting for me to press the button on my media tank plugged into my system via HDMI cable.

Agreed again Like minds :-)

No matter what they do someone will figure out a way to crack the system and make some money.

I'll give it less than two week's.

From what I understood they switch to NDS encryption system and I am sorry to say, it will not be "cracked" in the following two weeks. As an old "pirate" for many different system back in Sweden I programmed my own smartcards for many years. When one of the distributors switched to NDS that was all over, this was now 4½ years ago and it is still not cracked. The rest followed and now the 2 largets for sat and the terrestial DVB broadcasters only have paying customers.

I say Thais will crack it within 7 days.

If it is cracked, it won't be Thais doing it, it will be the Chinese who make the receiver boxes.......

correct.. torrents have all the content you could ever want in very HD quality all out there free for the taking. No sat dishes or program guides required. I use a NMT that I tell it what I like to watch and it monitors the schedules and as soon as the shows air they are downloaded and wait for me to press play on my TV

What is an NMT ??

What software handles this sort of scheduling of my viewing ??

I am doing the above but manually.. If there was a slicker way to load the media server, tidy the filesystem, keep correct metadata, I am all for it.

Interested in this.

TED xxx.ted.nu is quite a nice Torrent scheduler.

correct.. torrents have all the content you could ever want in very HD quality all out there free for the taking. No sat dishes or program guides required. I use a NMT that I tell it what I like to watch and it monitors the schedules and as soon as the shows air they are downloaded and wait for me to press play on my TV

What is an NMT ??

I am doing the above but manually.. If there was a slicker way to load the media server, tidy the filesystem, keep correct metadata, I am all for it.

Interested in this.

HD torrents are highly compressed giving poor viedo and even worse audio quailty....No lossless audio not even as good as 5.1 dolby surround sound, But if you now have a sat box that is a paper weight, I guess its better then nothing. btw, How can a 25 gigabyte hd movie look the same after its compressed into 1.5 gigabytes...Keep living the dream.

That's why people who want the high quality buy the Bluray, and/or download a 40GB torrent instead of a 1.5GB one, or even better get your hands on a HD encode made direct from a Master! Get with the times......

What is an NMT ??

Interested in this.

HD torrents are highly compressed giving poor viedo and even worse audio quailty....No lossless audio not even as good as 5.1 dolby surround sound, But if you now have a sat box that is a paper weight, I guess its better then nothing. btw, How can a 25 gigabyte hd movie look the same after its compressed into 1.5 gigabytes...Keep living the dream.

Ask your sat provider how they just compressed the HD video and fit it in the space the SD video stream took up.. man you are daft.

EXACTLY......

I have finally got everything working since the changeover, but most of the new HD channels keep "dropping out" to a grey screen every few seconds.

All the non HD channels are fine.

Anyone out there can explain ? Much appreciated if so.After the changeover last Monday all of my 3 boxes had low signal problems. Called True and on Tuesday morning 2 techs showed up and installed a signal booster in the cable line. All channels work perfectly now.

If you are having problems with your dreambox not working and would still love to have quality UK TV, then try out our FREE 2 day trial today!

https://www.thaiexpa...free_trial.php

2 day totally FREE trial (Windows PC only).

No VPN or Proxy!

Really!

When I tried to use it last year it would not work, no matter how I tried. (windows xp & windows 7, two different machines

And e mails to you for help went unanswered, so no thanks, i'll not waste my time again.

Richard

Chiang Mai

Hi Richard,

We think you must be confusing us with another company, as we have only been operational for 7 weeks. Our business model was not even conceived until early this year, 2012.

All phone calls & emails are answered professionally and promptly. The best way to see that we are a different company to the one you previously had a bad expierence with, is to take out our 2 day free trial & see the quality for yourself.

Best regards,

Admin

Lies..

I have email and test system from early may May.. Maybe time to get the calender out.

You never properly replied to my own issues either.. The PC soft is an ugly piece of low quality crud.. No uninstaller either..

Thanks for the headsup

hello,

you can stream the uk channels yourself for free using " expat shield " and this includes BBC ITV CHANNELS. they also offer a free package for the USA channels... if advets bug you then you can pay about 20 pounds A YEAR to have their ad free, faster, secure link for downloads. YOU CAN ONLY HAVE UK OR USA PACKAGE INSTALLED AT ONE TIME ON YOUR COMPUTER NOT BOTH AT THE SAME time ...You just connect your PC to a tv for the large screen viewing, or watch on uour laptop. IF you dont have a fast enough internet speed (min 1mb for some 2mb for other channels) then buy the annual ad free package at a faster speed.

I use the std free uk download and have been watching open golf, "line of duty" series which you can download onto bbc desk top player ...keeps it for about 30 days for you to watch...you just select record series and it downloads for you when they are available...

another SUPPLIER source that lets you have a VERY LARGE SELECTION is VPNUK http://vpnuk.info/uk-tv-abroad.html FOR 5.99 PER MONTH 300 BAHTS you can have access to uk and usa channels. THIS IS SUPER FAST link mega choice.!!! cheers.

Thanks carlwhile for that info, but I already use the excellent worldwide Witopia secure VPN service which cost just US$69.99 per YEAR or under US$6 per month. All live TV streaming though depends on not only your local internet connection quality but the overall worldwide internet "weather" at the time you are using it. So unless all is pretty good you get those annoying pauses or low quality streaming. Best way is to wait until the next day (what is the rush?) and download via torrents the latest UK TV shows (BBC,, ITV, CH4, Sky etc) many in HD .MKV format if you want, from either The Box or UKNova, both secure members only sites. I am sure there are US and Australian and other national sites similar out there too.

Whatever method you use we should all work to overcome and by pass the totally unacceptable and restrictive geo blocking system. In the modern 21st century ALL TV shows and films should be for worlkwide viewing (okay agree those not free to air shows you should have to pay a non rip off price for via an encryption system) I do not blame Truevision for changing to a more secure NDS encryption system but I DO blame them for being a rip off bunch of thieving bastards charging an outrageous 2800 Baht per month for the full service (should be no more than 1000 Baht per month for what they offer and especially in a low income level country like Thailand). Until they stop trying to rip folk off then I really hope their latest encryption is hacked, but sadly pretty sure it is not possible as same as Sky TV in the UK which has been unhackable for the past 7 or 8 years or so. Bring their top platinum package down to 1000 Baht a month and the lower plans pro-rata rates, and I would not hesitate to subscribe, even though at that suggested pricing level, compared to the UK Sky satellite service it would still be overpriced to some extent.

http://www.thaiexpat.tv

I just downloaded the 2 days free trial and I must say the streaming is flawless and high quality. love4.gif

It is a new company (7 weeks young) with now 8 British channels and they say they are expanding to also US channels.

If they play their cards wright, they could out do TrueVision very soon, with all English, US, Dutch and other English spreaking farangs. violent1.gif

You can do it by software/computer (Sorry Mac users, Windows ONLY) only or buy their box. crybaby2.gif

I now have the 2 day free trial on my laptop which is connect to my 42" flatscreen TV. love4.gif

Some problems I encountered (software ONLY based):

Software crashed/crashed many times, but as I am writing this it now works flawless for about 60 minutes (looking Alien 1,Sigorny Weaver)

Since the software runs on my laptop and the software is NOT in a window, but uses fullscreen, you MUST set the dualscreen settings to KLOON.

The problem with that is the screenresolutions, that will not give a correct resolution to look at the programs.

Of course if you just look on your desktop/laptop (small screen) you do not have that problem.

When the software crashes the EXIT button also does not work, which means the only way to get out of the software it to restart your laptop.

Sometimes the sound is out of sync for a few seconds (5-20) and then does a catch-up and is back in sync again.

If in time they will get the software in a window, idea1.gif so the screen resolution will be the wright size I will signup for the max of 2 years (10500 Bath), just to support them and they have nice programming. Also with delay watching, 6 and 18 hours delay, so you can watch what was on TV yesterday. thumbsup.gif

To be continued.

Hi Ron,

Just to clear up your findings & address all of your points.

Firstly thank you for this insightful feedback on our software system. We will certainly take note of all of your observations. We actually have another software player currently under development, which will resolve many of the issues you have brought forward.

However, our software player is specifically designed for use on a standard desktop/laptop screen and not really for built for hooking up to large 30"++ screens via HDMI/VGA connections in all fairness. Its the cheaper option for those not wanting to invest in our STB, or as a secondary method of receiving our service while at the office or out on the road within Thailand.

Our stand alone set top box takes care of all of the issues you mentioned, and with a remote control, is by far the best way to view our service in high quality.

A possible fix for your issues are as follows:

• First you must clone the screen. Then set the resolution.

• Windows 7: Right Click on Desktop > Screen Resolution > Duplicate these displays

• Then start our software. If you try in another order it will probably crash, as we say, the software player is NOT meant to be used in this manner, although it is possible.

If you have any further questions. Please email us [email protected] or call 02 105 5724 we are always very happy to help.

Best regards,

Admin

Is this legal ? do you have the rights to screen these channels in Thailand ?

Just asking

Hi Smedly,

The legallity related questions surrounding our service have been answered several times already in this forum. In short, yes, we are operating a totally legal service here in Thailand. If we were not 100% confident we could provide these channels over a stable, longterm period, we would not have invested enormous amounts of capital into the infrastucture needed to make it possible.

Please take out a free 2 day trial and see the exceptional quality of our service for yourself - https://www.thaiexpa.../free_trial.php

Best regards,

Admin

So you have rebroadcasting agreements with all the Content Providers in the UK?

You have got permission from CAT to broadcast these program in Thailand?

I'll give it less than two week's.

From what I understood they switch to NDS encryption system and I am sorry to say, it will not be "cracked" in the following two weeks. As an old "pirate" for many different system back in Sweden I programmed my own smartcards for many years. When one of the distributors switched to NDS that was all over, this was now 4 years ago and it is still not cracked. The rest followed and now the 2 largets for sat and the terrestial DVB broadcasters only have paying customers.

I say Thais will crack it within 7 days.

If it is cracked, it won't be Thais doing it, it will be the Chinese who make the receiver boxes.......

It's been cracked already. Several days ago the cs were back up and running albeit charging more for the service thanks to true.

Hi Smedly,

The legallity related questions surrounding our service have been answered several times already in this forum. In short, yes, we are operating a totally legal service here in Thailand. If we were not 100% confident we could provide these channels over a stable, longterm period, we would not have invested enormous amounts of capital into the infrastucture needed to make it possible.

Please take out a free 2 day trial and see the exceptional quality of our service for yourself - https://www.thaiexpa.../free_trial.php

Best regards,

Admin

So you have rebroadcasting agreements with all the Content Providers in the UK?

You have got permission from CAT to broadcast these program in Thailand?

No, they do not have rights. Expat tv are working on the principle that other websites are illegally streaming, so we should be ok. They may get away with it, as they are offering free to air channels, but the problem is True shows BBC entertainment channel, so probably have exclusive rights to all the programmes in Thailand. As all the programming comes from BBC1 & 2, expat tv could get a strongly worded letter from True's lawyers.