TrueVisions Launched 17 HD Channels, Blocked Pirate Users Overnight

webfact

It's been cracked already. Several days ago the cs were back up and running albeit charging more for the service thanks to true.

Are you sure it's the complete package? I have heard from several C/s that it's impossible. They have, however, sent out a small fix to match the "channel content" with the actual shows on Knowlege.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been cracked already. Several days ago the cs were back up and running albeit charging more for the service thanks to true.

Are you sure it's the complete package? I have heard from several C/s that it's impossible. They have, however, sent out a small fix to match the "channel content" with the actual shows on Knowlege.

It has not been hacked that is a lie.

So you've all paid out your 1000's of baht to get TRUEVISIONS back, well done.

Now, the usual tactic is to discredit the pirate suppliers so TRUE will not change the encryption for a while, they will let people think they can continue in this way and lull them into a false sense of security, but all of a sudden it will drop out again 'to the delight of TRUE' then you are going to be on the pirate's case for a solution but they probably won't answer their phones.

The reasons why NDS has been so successful across the world is for the same reasons, to keep on top of the encryption you need be very good with the technology and most people can't afford to pay a tech every few days, so it simply becomes cheaper to subscribe legally.

Don't believe me? the just google "Free Sky TV" and there is no obvious solution.

• Like 1

Now, the usual tactic is to discredit the pirate suppliers so TRUE will not change the encryption for a while, they will let people think they can continue in this way and lull them into a false sense of security, but all of a sudden it will drop out again 'to the delight of TRUE' then you are going to be on the pirate's case for a solution but they probably won't answer their phones.

The reasons why NDS has been so successful across the world is for the same reasons, to keep on top of the encryption you need be very good with the technology and most people can't afford to pay a tech every few days, so it simply becomes cheaper to subscribe legally.

Don't believe me? the just google "Free Sky TV" and there is no obvious solution.

Yes true has complete control with the new NDS system. And the fly by night sat rip offs will be out of a job real soon.

Heard so much about torrents.

Head one could down load movie legally.

But don't know where or how to start.

Could someone point to a good link for beginners?

My dream-box seems to breakdown since True did the update.

Caught this thread a little late, don't really have time to read through the 367 posts. Quick question, the HD channels I have on my gold package, are they here to stay, or the usual free trial period then we have to pay?

Edited by sungod

My God.. It's not often that every single post in succession is giving a wrong impression, even when these posts disagree with each other.

I'll take a stab at clearing things up:

While you can download legal content using torrents, most of the content that you would likely be interested in such as movies and TV shows are copyrighted in some way and can not be downloaded legally for free. There are several places that offer content to be downloaded legally, sometimes for a fee, such as iTunes, Netflix (not available in Thailand and most other non-US places), Hulu (Not available in Thailand) and Amazon. So it's hard to get the same sort of 'TV channel surfing experience' you get with an actual satellite subscription like True.

The box-manufactures had been so smart to install a USB connector on the box, when need a an upgrade in software you just put it on a stick and go to the menu point "upgrade" !!!

That sounds much easier then working with True stuff !!! 55555555555555555555!!!

Happy to see you're enjoying yourself. Actually it's even easier, as Dreamboxes are internet connected. So Dreambox suppliers can even connect remotely without even the need to physically visit your place with anything. (This requires you to give them access, of course, for example by using Teamviewer from any computer on the same network, then they can connect to the Dreambox from there.)

I really don't know what you're saying. I think it's pretty widely accepted that NDS won't be cracked to the point where the experience is the same as a regular satellite subscription. Will there be other ways to still get much/all of the same content, cheaply: of course.

Yes true has complete control with the new NDS system. And the fly by night sat rip offs will be out of a job real soon.

That's really silly. Indeed they won't be providing access to True's satellite signal directly, that is clear. But will they still deliver content through other satellites, services and/or the Internet: of course they will.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

While you can download legal content using torrents, most of the content that you would likely be interested in such as movies and TV shows are copyrighted in some way and can not be downloaded legally for free. There are several places that offer content to be downloaded legally, sometimes for a fee, such as iTunes, Netflix (not available in Thailand and most other non-US places), Hulu (Not available in Thailand) and Amazon.

Update: Amazon is also not available outside the USA.. It's a bit silly actually, because *ALL* of it's content is readily available through illegal sources. This 'not available outside the US', which is likely a policy of the content owners, not the distributors like Amazon and Hulu) is shooting themselves in the foot. For some reason I can purchase a physical DVD and have it shipped to Thailand (which is actually more easily copied), but I cannot purchase it without the box and view it using Amazon's service..

And this is while even my 6 year old daughter knows where to get content. When asked she'll even correctly explains that her Barbie cartoons aren't downloaded FROM the torrent site, but that this site merely provides information on which people make the content available to share. Very proud.

• Like 1

The fly by nigh sat rip off as you call them are far from out of work from what I am hearing.

My God.. It's not often that every single post in succession is giving a wrong impression, even when these posts disagree with each other.

I'll take a stab at clearing things up:

While you can download legal content using torrents, most of the content that you would likely be interested in such as movies and TV shows are copyrighted in some way and can not be downloaded legally for free. There are several places that offer content to be downloaded legally, sometimes for a fee, such as iTunes, Netflix (not available in Thailand and most other non-US places), Hulu (Not available in Thailand) and Amazon. So it's hard to get the same sort of 'TV channel surfing experience' you get with an actual satellite subscription like True.

The box-manufactures had been so smart to install a USB connector on the box, when need a an upgrade in software you just put it on a stick and go to the menu point "upgrade" !!!

That sounds much easier then working with True stuff !!! 55555555555555555555!!!

Happy to see you're enjoying yourself. Actually it's even easier, as Dreamboxes are internet connected. So Dreambox suppliers can even connect remotely without even the need to physically visit your place with anything. (This requires you to give them access, of course, for example by using Teamviewer from any computer on the same network, then they can connect to the Dreambox from there.)

That's really silly. Indeed they won't be providing access to True's satellite signal directly, that is clear. But will they still deliver content through other satellites, services and/or the Internet: of course they will.

I agree with 100% in just about everything you say except where you say:-

"I think it's pretty widely accepted that NDS won't be cracked to the point where the experience is the same as a regular satellite subscription"

" they won't be providing access to True's satellite signal directly, that is clear"

I am an IT Pro, but not an expert in Encryption. I do however know the principles, and the bottom line is usually the protection, updating and validation of keys. Oh yeah, and before I go any further, it's the company that's called NDS not the security system, that's called VIDEOGUARD (yes it's become common to refer to Videoguard as NDS, but that's incorrect, so why should we propagate the error here....).

Now from my brief look into Videoguard, it seems that engineers have already done half the job by reverse engineering the receiver hardware (which contains the program in it's hardware), and can now emulate it. The next step is getting the keys and any other secure info off of the card and distributing via the net. There still seems to be some issues updating the keys which could be related to the update process not yet being emulated properly or a security system on the cards. Whatever the current hurlde, I'm sure the effort will now be redoubled with the system now being used in countries where, shall we say, the authorities are more flexible, and controls are more relaxed. Basically, I don't think it's as "clear" as you think.

I too prefer to pay my legal way, and for many many years subscribed to TRUE until I realized that all I used it for was live sport and Thai TV for the GF. I can get Thai TV free anyway, and watch live sports in a pub, or perhaps downloaded in HD to watch at a more reasonable hour the next day (which is reasonably legal if you have a UK TV license).

My wife was watching new improved True Visions tonight, and she lost both picture and sound, due to a mild shower of rain ! I had satellite TV in the UK, almost thirty years ago, and with a similar amount of rain and had no problems. What a shower !

Edited by MrMuddle
  • Like 1

My wife was watching new improved True Visions tonight, and she lost both picture and sound, due to a mild shower of rain ! I had satellite TV in the UK, almost thirty years ago, and with a similar amount of rain and had no problems. What a shower !

We had torrential rain last night and lost signal in seconds. For you it may have been raining harder where the signal is transmitted which (I'm not sure is still the case with 13 years down the road tech) in the UK used to stop a clear signal being received.

Sent from Android, please excuse errors in type or judgement.

So what this SuperSport package then is and for who? I don't understand thai so what it says under platinum and gold package?

The Nation has the answer, it is old knowledge package + sport.

TrueVisions yesterday launched a special package to draw football fans and promised to show up to 190 live matches

The package is called Super Sports Pack. At Bt650 monthly, subscribers will be able to watch 74 standard channels (True Knowledge package), Golf Channel, plus four HD channels (Reality HD, TNN24 HD, HD Show Case, and True Sport HD2). EPL matches for this package will be broadcast on True Sport HD2, True Sport 2, Special Sport, and Channel 10.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/sports/TrueVisions-woos-football-fans-in-the-country-with-30186835.html

Here this in truevisions site, click the promopicture and yo can download pdf-file of first 2 months schedule what matches are on.

http://www.truevisionstv.com/service.aspx?id=188

In order to squeeze all these new channels in, they have had to reduce the signal margin for rain.. The uplink side is compensated for automatically, it will only be an issue with your set-up.

If the lightest of showers are affecting reception, I would suggest your antenna is badly aligned or obstructed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect App

When I was on satellite TrueVisions here in Bangkok (I'm now on cable) it was not uncommon to experience rainfade "with no rain"...the thunderstrom was just approaching. What was happening here was the line of sight between my dish and the satellitte was already being affected by the thunderclouds high in sky although it was not raining yet at my location. And my dish was perfectly aligned...I did it myself to tweak out a few more db gain from the original True installation. But after I installed the combo C/KU-band LNB on my 1.7M (5.5ft) C-band dish and stopped using the TrueVisions 75cm dish/LNB about 90% of my rainfade problem went away due to the increased gain offerred by the larger dish.

In order to squeeze all these new channels in, they have had to reduce the signal margin for rain.. The uplink side is compensated for automatically, it will only be an issue with your set-up.

If the lightest of showers are affecting reception, I would suggest your antenna is badly aligned or obstructed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect App

Huh????

Afaik all channels are still on transponders with SR at 30,000 and fec at 2/3, as they have been for a long time.

As long as they do not change that, reception will temain the same.

What they did to squeeze the extra channels in (apart from using all the unused "future" channels) is move from mpeg2 to mpeg4, which due to better compression algorythms can increase channel capacity by over 50%.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

Easily remedied with a bigger dish. I receive ASTRO through a solid 1.2m dish and hardly ever lose signal now.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

When I was on satellite TrueVisions here in Bangkok (I'm now on cable) it was not uncommon to experience rainfade "with no rain"...the thunderstrom was just approaching. What was happening here was the line of sight between my dish and the satellitte was already being affected by the thunderclouds high in sky although it was not raining yet at my location. And my dish was perfectly aligned...I did it myself to tweak out a few more db gain from the original True installation. But after I installed the combo C/KU-band LNB on my 1.7M (5.5ft) C-band dish and stopped using the TrueVisions 75cm dish/LNB about 90% of my rainfade problem went away due to the increased gain offerred by the larger dish.

Right on the money.

Buy your own bigger, better dish and swap out the cheap True freebie (yes, you get what you pay for and the free dishes are crap)... you will enjoy a much more stable sat signal. I'm down in Phuket, frequent storms blowing in and I very rarely lose signal.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm one of those who used to have a Dreambox to watch True as we have four points in the house.

Ok, Now i have a legal Platinum package on one point and Vinesat satellite from Vietnam on the other three points.

HD and most SD channels are much clearer or sharper from Vinesat than from True. If only True would deliver quality and not quantity.

When is my dream box going to start working again

From what I have been told, it isn't.

darn, I have got my money worth yet.

The dreambox works just fine on SD channels. What obsoletes the older dreambox is it's lack of HD. More channels are switching over to HD across the board. If you have a new dreamboxHD will will be just fine.

Went in to pre-pay following some of the first free month of True yesterday. I tried to pay for the period of 17 August through 16 September but was flummoxed by True. Here is the result:

1. I tried to pay 2,005 baht for two receivers on gold package.

2. I ended up paying 1,200 baht for the period of time from 17 July through 31 July.

3. The explanation provided to my wife on the phone was that we were promised one free month but the free month would now be from 1 August through 30 August and my next billing cycle would begin on 1 September. 4

4. The payment by me of 1,200 baht was a pro-rata payment for the 13 days of July we had the new service.

I only received the explanation for the billing this morning and from the explanation arose the following questions, which I only discovered this morning.

If I was required to pay a pro-rata share of the billing of 2,005 for the partial month of July, the payment should have been only 1,003 baht, not the 1,200 they charged me.

Secondly, my wife asked the True rep when the billing would be due again and she was told the free month was only 1 August through 30 August.

It would seem I am, indeed, on a 30 day billing cycle and not a calendar month cycle. Perhaps this is unique to Nong Bua Lamphu, which I am required to use since True will not allow me to obtain their service from any other office.

I must deal with NBL but I am not required to like it nor am I required to hold their office in the least bit of high regard. In short, they are a den of thieves.

Why does people not tell Satellite Tv Thailand <[email protected]> that the Maige box and the other IPV boxes are over prices ?

The monthly fee of 4-500 Baht is OK.

But paying 10-15.000 for a box that cost 1500-2000 Baht from the manufactures in China is a rip-off !

The laughed when i told them what the price should be ! I do not know if they still do when i send the 3 prices fron Cinese factories ?

But if more tell them that their boxes are overprices, they maybe listenen !

Do any know if these services are legal ?