'Areas Facing Floods Will Be Revealed': PM Yingluck

webfact

I seem to recall one of the Ministers declaring, about 6 months ago, that there would not be any floods at all this year. Ho Hum.

Just the other week they said this year no floods

They changed their minds. smile.png

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course what years has the monsoon NOT being in Thailand?

Believe the government would prefer to call it the rainy season as monsoon has a negative connotation and could affect tourism. wink.png

They only need to spin the right promotion....

World largest swimmingpool

Holidays on the beach in Chiang Mai

Bangkok the Venice of Asia

• Like 2

"The accuracy of the forecasts may not be 100-per-cent precise, but will be based on analyses and expected to yield closest results," she said.

Any kind of idea of accuracy, my dear?

The prime minister said one thing the public would surely be told was the progress of flood prevention work and budgets earmarked for relevant projects.

Is this being told of progress once we are 2m under, before or after?

She said there were many Thai-owned companies tendering for the projects

Yup, I'm sure these are prized bids, with 30-35% under the table coming into your back pocket. Sod the rest, of course, by all means! sad.png

she said the construction of infrastructure was 70-per-cent done, while flood and water management plans had been integrated.

Now which infrastructure would be 70% done, my dear? The 70% deals for the scond half of this financial fiscal year? Water management, of course, has also been integrated into future plans, but just not quite now!

The press conference will be held at the main auditorium of the National Science and Technology Development Agency in the Science Park compound in Pathum Thani.

The perfect venue, for them all to experience a nice boat ride! wink.png

They dispersed peacefully after being promised that their demand would be passed on to relevant agencies.

Assawat Apaiwongse, an adviser to Deputy Bangkok Governor Theerachon Manomaiphibool, said he learned that the rallies were organised by Pheu Thai MPs. He said the MPs should have led protesters to rally at Government House, as the extra money would be approved by the Pheu Thai-led government, not by the Democrat-ruled Bangkok Metropolitan Administration.

I sense a few bob disappearing into a few more PTP back pockets - but what's new?

Bent double, like old beggars under sacks,

Knock-kneed, coughing like hags, we cursed through sludge,

Till on the haunting flares we turned our backs

And towards our distant rest began to trudge.

Men marched asleep. Many had lost their boots

But limped on, blood-shod. All went lame; all blind;

Drunk with fatigue; deaf even to the hoots

Of tired, outstripped Five-Nines that dropped behind.

Water! Water! Quick, boys! – An ecstasy of fumbling,

Fitting the clumsy boats just in time;

But someone still was yelling out and stumbling,

And flound'ring like a man in water or lime . . .

Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,

As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.

In all my dreams, before my helpless sight,

He plunges at me, guttering, choking, drowning.

Prepare for the water, my friends!

-mel.

Those interested in Mr Owen's immortal words see here: http://www.warpoetry.co.uk/owen1.html

They really missed the boat on refusing to cooperate with NASA. I guess they think that their novel ideas of using boat props to divert the water is more effective than NASA research. Surely the Thai people read about these events happening in the country and with an educated mind can see that their government needs a complete makeover.

Of course what years has the monsoon NOT being in Thailand?

Believe the government would prefer to call it the rainy season as monsoon has a negative connotation and could affect tourism. wink.png

They only need to spin the right promotion....

World largest swimmingpool

Holidays on the beach in Chiang Mai

Bangkok the Venice of Asia

Ride the Longtail Gondola Tuk Tuk.

Nothing like it in the world!!!

"Plodprasob also accused the Democrat Party of campaigning against a planned weather study project by the US National Aeronautics and Space Administration (Nasa) at U-Tapao naval airbase in Chon Buri, because it wanted to keep from the public a Nasa study showing that the massive flood last year resulted from mismanagement by the previous government."

priceless! The NASA airplanes have time-warp cameras so they can see what the Democrats did 1 year ago!

No, but they can show the canals that were blocked and built over by land developers and they can show the illegal forest clearing and the illegal land developments. Those things didn't start up last August.

"atmospheric research study" and later they told something that they will put the equipment to "detect radiation" into Thai airplanes and do it for the NASA.

So it wasn't planed to look down.

And some night lights in Helicopters smile.png

They really missed the boat on refusing to cooperate with NASA. I guess they think that their novel ideas of using boat props to divert the water is more effective than NASA research. Surely the Thai people read about these events happening in the country and with an educated mind can see that their government needs a complete makeover.

and what would the "atmospheric studies" from the NASA help?

That it is raining there a lot every year is known for 2000 years. Just the problems got worse because the land is closed by concrete the forests are cut and there are walls that hinder the water to flow into the sea.

No need to a spy airplane or the NASA to understand that problem or to find the solutions (floodways where the water can go fast and easily, kind of artificial rivers).

• Like 1

"Plodprasob also accused the Democrat Party of campaigning against a planned weather study project by the US National Aeronautics and Space Administration (Nasa) at U-Tapao naval airbase in Chon Buri, because it wanted to keep from the public a Nasa study showing that the massive flood last year resulted from mismanagement by the previous government."

priceless! The NASA airplanes have time-warp cameras so they can see what the Democrats did 1 year ago!

No, but they can show the canals that were blocked and built over by land developers and they can show the illegal forest clearing and the illegal land developments. Those things didn't start up last August.

so can a satallitecoffee1.gif

so can a satallitecoffee1.gif

Satellite images could probably indicate the number of protected species slaughtered and barbecued at Plodprasop's safari grill too

Who was it who was it who raised the objections to cooperation with NASA ???

Surely not the Democrats ??

PTP was so focussed on getting their deity to church that they forgot they had other duties.

The Democrats asked questions ... which it seems the PTP weren't able to answer.

What did you expect from someone of his character and intellect?

The man had a safari park and barbequed rare species to feed the Chinese!

Science minister? He's probably a member of the flat earth society!

Membership in the Flat Earth Society may have admission standards that prove too difficult.

In your heart you know it's flat.

What did you expect from someone of his character and intellect?

The man had a safari park and barbequed rare species to feed the Chinese!

Science minister? He's probably a member of the flat earth society!

Membership in the Flat Earth Society may have admission standards that prove too difficult.

In your heart you know it's flat.

Do you have a email address for them. I want to hear their view on Continental drift.