Are Pickup Taxi Cars Avalible At Bangkok Aorport?

Hello!

When i come to Thailand i Need a pickup taxi car, to transport some oversize large sport vehicles that I cannot bring into a normal car!

Now Iam not sure, are pick up taxis avalible or must I order them before I come to Thailand?

How much regular taxi price from bk airport to Isaan?

Thx for the information!

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

The governmental regulated taxi fare is around 10 baht a kilometre.

For example, Bangkok-Khon Kaen 450 km = 4500 baht.

For renting a pickup, who knows, maybe you should contact someone to arrange this.

If you are talking about bicycles, try to find a bus, and most companies will do, to take te things with you in the bus.

Many direct connections from the airport to Isan, nowadays.

Hire a pickup (Songteow) from Isaan to come to the airport to meet you and load your stuff is the cheapest and most efficient way.\

Alternatively go to the departure level at BKK and walk out across the first few lanes where regular taxis are dropping off customers. Find a large THAIRUNG SUV style taxi and see if your stuff will fit in that.

Chok dee

Geoff

Have you considered contacting one of the larger car rental companies and renting a pick-up? Some will even do one-way hires.

In answer to your question, I am almost sure there are no pick-up (public) taxis in Bangkok (or Thailand for that matter)

The previous reply about having someone from Isaan come to meet you at the airport is a good idea if you don't want to rent/drive yourself.

I would not expect a taxi to put you on the meter for such a long distance and they would quote you an 'all-in' price beforehand.

You would be very lucky to find a taxi at the airport who was willing to drive to Isaan 'on the spot'

I have used taxis from swampy to issan many times out of airport go to desk khonkaen no problem sir 3900 baht wait only 2/4 minutes

You didn't notice the fact he needed a large vehicle not a usual taxi!

Ahhh you were answering the other guy.

I imagine for the driver it makes for a good paid trip to meet the relations :P

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by thaicbr

I have used taxis from swampy to issan many times out of airport go to desk khonkaen no problem sir 3900 baht wait only 2/4 minutes

You didn't notice the fact he needed a large vehicle not a usual taxi!

Ahhh you were answering the other guy.

I imagine for the driver it makes for a good paid trip to meet the relations tongue.png

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

I agree and on several occasions on my way TO the airport the taxi driver has asked where I am going and when I tell him Isaan - he offers to drive there (or he knows a man who can), because as you say, it pays for a trip back to see his wife and kids. What they fail to realise is that I am going to the airport because I have a flight to catch ....... think !

When i come to Thailand i Need a pickup taxi car, to transport some oversize large sport vehicles that I cannot bring into a normal car!

I'm pretty sure you could squeeze a Lamborghini Aventador into the back of a Toyota Soluna if you really tried. 2 I'm not so sure. biggrin.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thai Transport can pick you up from any location in Thailand, including the airport, and take you anywhere in Thailand door to door, you can request a truck, I know they have a nice new one with leather and all and can seat up to 3 passengers, Plus gear in the back. You say Issan, well that is a large area but I know rates would depend on the location and cargo, but I would guess the 3000 - 5000 rate charge for what your asking. It must be pre aranged and deposit made Prior to pick up date. They are very good, safe, and speak good English