Volunteer Police...What Do You Think?

snamos

So you consider people who do work for organisations like Lions unprofessional because they are not paid

The 3 strikes and your out law existed in Western Australia long before 2004 as far as drunken driving is concerned and you cannot bribe your way out of it unlike some other countries

Well its a bit off topic, but Im from NSW although I do spend a bit of time in WA, and on one occasion I beat a drink driving charge through a good lawyer and a sympathetic judge (case dismissed) the lawyer said he had beaten more murder raps than drink driving charges...call me blessed. As far as paid people in 'volunteer' organisations like Lions they are not walking down Bangla road on the beat in uniform, if they were then they would be open to criticism too

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't one of these tourist police guys whacked in his own home a couple years back.................................Richard something or another I believe?

Living in low profile here is a better idea in my opinion.

Why get involved in someone else's mess..........

• Like 1

Wasn't one of these tourist police guys whacked in his own home a couple years back.................................Richard something or another I believe?

Spot on

And for no pay! I suppose misery needs company

You really hate police it seems of all descriptions, tourist assistants was brought up at a meeting when i was a member but the head farang at the time did not like the idea

You would not have a criminal record by any chance?? it certainly sounds like it by your posts

It would appear he has a fairly extensive one...

Pretty much every country I have been to I have had encounters with the law..... I have lost my licence 3 times in Australia

Plus the way he dodges your question about a criminal record, very clearly implying he has one (besides being arrested for DUI 3 times)...

... I get background checks before getting visas and landing permits. Never a problem with them.

So besides driving illegally in Oz on his Thai DL, he is likely living in Thailand illegally too.

Immigration Act In the name of his Mejesty King Bhumibol

Enacted on the 24Th of February B.E. 2522 The 34Th year of the present reign

6. Having been imprisoned by the judgement of the Thai Court ; or by a lawful injunction ; or by the judgement of the Court of foreign country , except when the penalty is foe petty offense or negligence or is provided for as an exception in the Ministerial Regulations.

Its up to page 8 now.

Are you sure about that?

Edited by NomadJoe

Im on my smartphone....its at page 8 trust me, um no Im not living illegally in Thailand I just cleared customs last night (no volunteers in sight to apprehend me for appearing like a suspicious character). I wouldnt be able to work in my industry with a criminal record, just google MSIC card requirements in Australia..... encounters with the law means exactly that, I have a lot of dealings with paid professional officials, whether that means clearing customs and immigration to having the ships searched by soldiers or police...does that answer all your questions there bro?

Back to the OP, i would love to see some more good stories about the TVP, or isnt there any?

There are some unsavory people in the VTP and there are some good ones to who are not interested in patrolling Bangla road but assisting tourists when they can

All are supposed to supply a police certificate from there home country stating they have no criminal record but a lot do not do this and were still excepted or were in the past by the head farang at that time

When i was involved it was the one thing you could do without a work permit and i was bored at the time and living in a apartment with very little to do, i resigned after 3 months because i refused to go on parades and work on Bangla road that should be done by the regular police not volunteers

There are some unsavory people in the VTP and there are some good ones to who are not interested in patrolling Bangla road but assisting tourists when they can

All are supposed to supply a police certificate from there home country stating they have no criminal record but a lot do not do this and were still excepted or were in the past by the head farang at that time

When i was involved it was the one thing you could do without a work permit and i was bored at the time and living in a apartment with very little to do, i resigned after 3 months because i refused to go on parades and work on Bangla road that should be done by the regular police not volunteers

So in actual fact, I am subject to more criminal background checks than any TVP, interesting that.....but yet my record comes into question. Im just here on holidays enjoying Phuket...seeing the way TVP are through the eyes of a tourist.

The guys at the desk in Immigration who allow me to use their stapler to attach my handsome man photo to the sheet are o.k. with me.

I like them, they are usefull, but IMO they should be rewarded with a paycheck......I mean there is a lot of money going through Phuket immigration

Im on my smartphone....its at page 8 trust me, um no Im not living illegally in Thailand I just cleared customs last night (no volunteers in sight to apprehend me for appearing like a suspicious character). I wouldnt be able to work in my industry with a criminal record, just google MSIC card requirements in Australia..... encounters with the law means exactly that, I have a lot of dealings with paid professional officials, whether that means clearing customs and immigration to having the ships searched by soldiers or police...does that answer all your questions there bro?

Back to the OP, i would love to see some more good stories about the TVP, or isnt there any?

Drunken driving is a criminal offence in Australia but would not stop you working on a ship as a seaman

I am sure there would be other criminal offences that would not stop you working as a seaman either

Drunken driving is a criminal offence in Australia but would not stop you working on a ship as a seaman

I am sure there would be other criminal offences that would not stop you working as a seaman either

Or stop you working as a TVP in Phuket with no background checks at all

Different people in charge now and the people in charge are supposed to do background checks

Why not explain to everyone why you think Australia is a nanny state as you put it

Different people in charge now and the people in charge are supposed to do background checks

Why not explain to everyone why you think Australia is a nanny state as you put it

That would be off topic...also its a phuket forum about TVPs

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect App