Visa Extension

Hi

Currently have a one year non-immigrant multi entry visa. My next 90 days are up in March, however I am also taking a vacation in April, we ( Thai girlfriend and I ) are going to Cumbria – Lake District UK. OK I know it’s going to be very cold, but I want to see if she can survive the weather, culture etc. Anyhow I digress. I don’t want to have to leave Thailand in March if I am already going to be leaving in April. Does anyone know if it’s possible for me to get a one month extension on my visa in Bangkok without affecting my visa expiry date which is August 2004.

cheers

Does anyone know if it’s possible for me to get a one month extension on my visa in Bangkok without affecting my visa expiry date which is August 2004.
I think you can get an extension without affecting your one year visa, but it is best to ask an officer at immigration to make sure before hand. That extension should allow you keep you in Thailand for an extra month until the UK trip.
Currently have a one year non-immigrant multi entry visa

The multi entry visa allows you re enter Thailand, so you are all set there.

Does anyone know if it’s possible for me to get a one month extension on my visa in Bangkok without affecting my visa expiry date which is August 2004.

I think you can get an extension without affecting your one year visa, but it is best to ask an officer at immigration to make sure before hand. That extension should allow you keep you in Thailand for an extra month until the UK trip.

Currently have a one year non-immigrant multi entry visa
The multi entry visa allows you re enter Thailand, so you are all set there.

It is up to the officer, but you should be ok. Go and talk to 'em in Suan Phlu.

I did it with a double entry tourist visa , as I had to go to Myanmar, went there, came back and asked to get a 30 day visa without affecting my second entry.

There was no problem at all but it was several years ago. I think there will be no problem asking for an extension without affecting your one year visa, you should ask.

• 2 months later...