Help Required With My Cheap Mp3 Player.

richb2004

Help required with my cheap MP3 player.

I recently bought a cheap MP3 player whilst abroad. I didn't get instructions of any kind with it, but figured it would be easy to handle. It’s a widely available MP3 player, with the SONY brand mark. It is however not a SONY. The same one is available all over Thailand.

My problem is that I only seem able to download MP3 files. I can not download CD files. I would have thought I would be able to. The player is 128mb and is full with 30 tracks. Is there any way I can get more music on it? Friends, that I am unable to contact, have a similar unit and have much more music on theirs. Is there some way to compact the files?

Any help appreciated.

Help required with my cheap MP3 player.

I recently bought a cheap MP3 player whilst abroad. I didn't get instructions of any kind with it, but figured it would be easy to handle. It’s a widely available MP3 player, with the SONY brand mark. It is however not a SONY. The same one is available all over Thailand.

My problem is that I only seem able to download MP3 files. I can not download CD files. I would have thought I would be able to. The player is 128mb and is full with 30 tracks. Is there any way I can get more music on it? Friends, that I am unable to contact, have a similar unit and have much more music on theirs. Is there some way to compact the files?

Any help appreciated.

If you are adding MP3's via USB port you may have a "record file" which you can add CD (wav files). 128mb is small yes average mp3 is 3 > 4mb.

ER, it's an MP3 player, that means it plays MP3's not CD files, they are totally different animals.

To play CD music you need to convert the files to MP3 format, loads of software to do it (even windows Media player will create MP3 files from a CD).

To get more songs on your player you need to make the files smaller, and the only way to do that is to reduce the bit rate although 128k bps is the lowest that most people find acceptable. If your player can handle wma files they do sound better at lower bit rates so you can cram a few more on.

ER, it's an MP3 player, that means it plays MP3's not CD files, they are totally different animals.

To play CD music you need to convert the files to MP3 format, loads of software to do it (even windows Media player will create MP3 files from a CD).

To get more songs on your player you need to make the files smaller, and the only way to do that is to reduce the bit rate although 128k bps is the lowest that most people find acceptable. If your player can handle wma files they do sound better at lower bit rates so you can cram a few more on.

@ the OP. I use Windows media player to transfer my music to my MP3 player. Try it. Very easy and i seem to get quite a few songs on there.