Is The Dream Box Just A Useless Paperweight Now?

jaideeguy

Hardly a paper weight when Thaicom is not the only satellite up there!

shhh.. I'm trying to buy a couple of these "paper weights" for 500thb each.

Honestly, can still get all the thai and knowledge channels on a db500 with no internet nor monthly fees. Not sure how even that is considered paper weight.. they are certainly worth more than an old TRUE box.

How odd! you can get the knowledge channels FTA when true charge 340 Baht per month for that package someone woul dbe very silly to pay true any money when it is FTA

I have the new SuperMax SM2300 UHD HD (DreamBox replacement) with an Internet ready TV I get all kinds of free stuff, also Two LNB's on a Satty dish point to a couple birds adds about 1100 channels, If you speak, Italian, Polish, Thai, Vietnamese, and English you haven't any probs at all {:>)

I have a dynasat F1 box and an EBox

I have been getting the full platinum package + Disney chanel for 3,000baht per year for the past few years. Now that has stopped.

Can some one help me with info as to what I can get.

I get many FTA chanels using the Dynasat F1 box which moves my satellite dish but on many of the chanels there is no picture or sound. The menu says they are FTA or there is no $ sign next to them. but still no picture or sound. Is that something to do with tuning in the chanel?

I am a complete idiot when it comes to setting these things up.

Help please.

Lots of chaf, but nobody gave an answer to what is alternatives are. I think it depends somewhat on his location. Seems one person started talking about aiming dish at another satellite. Another said something about two other providers...somewhere....then it disolved into?????

yes. Netflix on it's way to Thailand too, UBC is overrated !!

Has anyone used netflix via a VPN?

Yes it works..

Better than a VPN are the new DNS services that make the headers appear incountry but the data path is direct.. http://unblock-us.com/ being the most well known I guess.. These also open up the UK TV in one service and 4oD / iPlayer / etc provides most of what I want. I am fairly hooked on the iplayer download scheduling. Theres always loads of 'tv' backed up timeshifted locally for me, much of it in HD. Something about UK drama shows (the shadow line, line of duty) that I dont find on other countries programming.

I used netflix a bit but lost interest after a while and havent been back in a few months. That kind of media (movies and mainstream shows) I can find elsewhere without the streaming or DRM considerations.

Lots of chaf, but nobody gave an answer to what is alternatives are. I think it depends somewhat on his location. Seems one person started talking about aiming dish at another satellite. Another said something about two other providers...somewhere....then it disolved into?????

Withotu any mention of cardshare only what is recievable where.

On the north and east.. Vietnam TV.. The usual spread of channels 5HD channels.. Its about what True was before the HD upgrade. Only True channel doesnt have that I can think anyone could want is Fox movies premium HD. ESPN HD etc all covered.

On the south and with increasing dish size up to the middle.. Astro.. Great lineup, arguably better than True..

To get the full channel lists for these you will need a HD capable box, so DM800, skybox, openbox, etc.. The DM500's will only pick up the MPEG2.

The DM500's will still pick up the Thai knowledge pack, apparently even without internet, so can be used for the missus to keep the Thai sopas and junk, which will not be on the vietnam or Malay offerings.

The db500 can still be used to access the Thai and knowledge channels on true and no internet or monthly service is required. This makes them perfect for a Thai spouse.

A small true dish can be easily had for cheap. I got one of my neighbor for 500thb. That and the old dreambox and my wife can have tv in the other room where there is no internet.

the house i rent has the old red true dish all set up with outlets indide looks ready to go....

so if i can get my hands on an old Dream box db500 i can get free sat. TV??

worth a try hmmm?? do I have to re align the dish or any special instruction???

The db500 can still be used to access the Thai and knowledge channels on true and no internet or monthly service is required. This makes them perfect for a Thai spouse.

A small true dish can be easily had for cheap. I got one of my neighbor for 500thb. That and the old dreambox and my wife can have tv in the other room where there is no internet.

the house i rent has the old red true dish all set up with outlets indide looks ready to go....

so if i can get my hands on an old Dream box db500 i can get free sat. TV??

worth a try hmmm?? do I have to re align the dish or any special instruction???

TRUE thai channels and knowledge package are what's available on the dream 500 without any sort of card sharing or internet. Just need to have the dish pointed at Thaicom and have a KU banb lnd on your dish. This is the typical TRUE setup and what the old red TRUE dish you have is already setup for.

I have a Dreambox 500 and wanted to connect to another option such as astro etc.

I am looking for a contact in Pattaya that can (1) move my dish (2) set me up with someone like Astro.

Please send me a PM (Private Message) if you have a contact in Pattaya that can assist.

If you look ,you will find all kinds of TV players you can stream from

IF you have a VPN, I use Unblock-us, and I can choose between UK

US,OZ,NZ, and Canada, I am on TOT and have 7MBs (thats the number

they pulled out of the air !!!) and I stream from my PC via a HMDI cable

to my LED tv and picture is perfect.

I also found a great site that has 100s of series and 100s movies ,it

provides the link to sites like Putlocker,Sockshare,Gorillavid,ect ect,

its all free, no need to download,last night watched Alcatraz,Missing,

Burn Notice,Falling Skies,all latest series,so I am not missing True,

and at this time dont feel the need to invest (or should I say throw money

away) on IPTV services,Vietnam or another pirated service,which dont

last,have several useless boxes and dishes to prove it.

regards Worgeordie

Maybe someone could tell me, if I took the True Platinum Package which is 2,000 baht plus VAT and they advertise that you can have a second Plat Box (2nd Point) for an additional 282 baht per month.

Now if I took both 2,282 plus VAT and split the bill with my neighbour will the second box run independently - that is my neighbour could connect it to his dish and we both have Plat for 1,141 Baht each ????

Yes you can share with your neighbour but why not make use of their special promotion and install four points in your house and then rent out the three other boxes for 700 baht each ss thousands of Thais are doing.

The only problem is that now True want to install all four points in an attempt to stop this .

Yes you can share with your neighbour but why not make use of their special promotion and install four points in your house and then rent out the three other boxes for 700 baht each ss thousands of Thais are doing.

The only problem is that now True want to install all four points in an attempt to stop this .

I didn't see this promo can you explain more.

If True would just set their Platinum HD package at 700THB / point wouldn't that save all the hassle? The increase in subscribers would offset their decreased fee. Now most Thai's don't want to pay the current fees which are exorbitant to them.

If True would just set their Platinum HD package at 700THB / point wouldn't that save all the hassle? The increase in subscribers would offset their decreased fee. Now most Thai's don't want to pay the current fees which are exorbitant to them.

In LOS economic don't make any sense. And it is when demand is low raise prices

• 5 months later...
Honestly, can still get all the thai and knowledge channels on a db500 with no internet nor monthly fees. Not sure how even that is considered paper weight.. they are certainly worth more than an old TRUE box.

How? I went through all the channels and only found TTCN, DHAMMA and a one learning channels that were open, total about 6 channels. None of the channels I found are Thai TV 3/5/7/9 or Discovery.

How? I went through all the channels and only found TTCN, DHAMMA and a one learning channels that were open, total about 6 channels. None of the channels I found are Thai TV 3/5/7/9 or Discovery.

You need to flash your box with the correct firmware to get all the knowledge channels.

• 1 month later...

You need to flash your box with the correct firmware to get all the knowledge channels.

Could you link the correct firmware please.

Could you link the correct firmware please.

Not on Thaivisa.

The knowledge package is still pay-tv (around 340 Baht/month), so software allowing the channels to open for free is still illegal...

Old thread anyway so:

-----closed------