Luggage Repair- Wheel Replacement?

bokeh

Does anyone have any leads on a place in BKK that can replace the wheels on luggage? I have several bags where the wheels are just disintegrating but the bags, otherwise, are in good condition. Some are Victorinox but their regional repair center, last time I checked, is in Singapore- a bit inconvenient. Others are different brands, but it's only the wheels that are the problem.

They're all long past any warranty period so it doesn't matter who does the repair- I'd just like to get a few more years' use out of them, if at all possible.

One Thai shop lady suggested looking around on Sipraya Rd., toward the river end of town, but nothing more specific than that. So far I haven't had the time to explore the area, tho.

In some cases you can replace the wheels yourself.

I have a TravelPro Crew 5 22" Rollaboard, and the wheels were delaminating. Just last week I purchased two in-line 72 mm skate wheels, with bearings, from an online skate shop here and replaced them myself, all I needed was a phillips screwdriver. Very simple, and the new wheels are much better.

http://www.skateprop...3&shopid=171369

Edited by lomatopo
  • Like 1

Thank you for the replies!

I found out about the shop on Thonglor shortly after I made the post- they also have a branch in Paragon, which is closer to me but I haven't yet been there to investigate. Their website doesn't mention anything about wheel replacement but I intend to get over there and ask. With a bit of luck, maybe... If they can do wheel replacement, I'll post the info here for whoever else might find it useful.

And I've checked that Skate Pro Plus website and it looks promising. Thanks for the link! I suspect that DIY is the route I will have to go. Now to inspect the bags, take measurements and whatnot and see what I can do.

• 7 years later...

Whatever you do, avoid going to the official Samsonite service center in Sirinrat Building on Rama 4 road, Bangkok. I went there earlier this week to repair the broken wheel on my Samsonite luggage and I really regret doing that. They do servicing for a number of different companies and repair all sorts of stuff, not just luggage. I purchased the luggage (from official Samsonite in Bangkok) just over 10 years ago and the warranty had just run out. They were charging 1400 baht to replace both wheels. When I came back to get the luggage, I could see that they hadn’t used official Samsonite wheels. In fact, they had used some quite cheap replacement wheels that didn’t spin freely. It was a terrible job and I wasn’t prepared to pay the 1400 for it and so a huge argument erupted between Mr <deleted> and me. I ended up paying 900 baht, which was still too much for the bad job they have done. This is the company listed on the Samsonite website and I don’t understand why Samsonite would use such a company as their official service center. 

Edited by blackcab
Name edited out

I recently replaced my wheels at Mr Bag Fix. Wasn't crazy about the price but had little option.

I gave them the wheels I bought in US on Amazon for b325.

Pohan Yotin Central, it's just a little kiosk. The bags are sent out so you're paying for that.

B400 labor and one week turn around. He wanted b500. Said without wheels b1000. Ouch!

Old Samsonite bag, not at all except to replace. Need tools incl grinder.

Edited by Number 6