Michelle Smith Attacker Pleads Guilty To 'Gang Robbery Causing Death'

Lite Beer

Michelle Smith attacker pleads guilty to 'gang robbery causing death'

Phuket Gazette –

phuket-1-16597hjyRMWSXQJYSGYhtkaWFUhoGWT.jpg

Surasak Suwannachote, pictured here holding a replica of the knife used in the attack, today confessed in court to gang robbery resulting in the death of Michelle Smith of Australia. Photo: Orawin Narabal

phuket-4-16597EmdJmrXQOipCFWBrSxuVaKTYvQ.jpg

Surin Tadthong (seated as the driver of the motorbike) denied all charges against him. Photo: Orawin Narabal

PHUKET: Surasak Suwannachote, the man on trial for stabbing Australian tourist Michelle Smith in a bungled bag snatch on June 20, appeared at Phuket Provincial Court this morning and confessed to gang robbery resulting in death.

Surin Tadthong, the driver of the motorbike in the attack, denied all charges against him.

Surin's denial came despite an earlier confession, which he now claims was made to avoid police brutality.

Surin told the court this morning that on the day of the attack he was just taking Surasak to the beach "to hang out”.

When they arrived at the scene in Kata, Surasak asked Surin to stop the motorbike. Surasak then got off the motorbike, and Surin waited for a couple of minutes before Surasak returned demanding that they leave immediately.

Despite CCTV evidence of Surin at the scene while the attack was carried out, he now maintains that he knew nothing of the crime that night.

Surin told the court that he and Surasak went out to dinner and then for a drink. The next day he went to work as usual.

Surin said he saw the news about the incident after arriving at work the next day, and then fled Phuket.

Before leaving the island, he dumped the knife that Surasak had used in the attack into a canal in Phuket Town. He then made his way home to Samut Sakhon, near Bangkok.

The trial continues this afternoon.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/archives/articles/2012/article16597.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-08-06

More here: http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/newshome/14474590/thai-men-plead-guilty-to-aussies-murder/

She was a mother of three. Her friend, also injured in the attack tried to save her. They were here on a familiarization trip.

"Mommy won't be coming home. She was knifed to death by some Thai people."

I simply have no words for those excrement at the moment.

• Like 1

Now there's a surprise! The BiB have carved up the reward now we have 2 patsies downgrading their involvement.

Thai justice at it's best bah.gif Read into it what you like! ermm.gif I, for one, patiently await the final outcome. I feel sure the family will not be happy.

Edited by bdenner

This Surin character should just fess up to what he did. The way I see it he knew that they were going to rob the victim. And then he was an accessory after the fact in regards to the assault and " murder". I honestly don't think he thought the other guy was willing to kill, so had no proir knowlegde or any intent. A flat out denial makes him look bad and therefore a target for the prosecution. Admit guilt to the robbery and accessory after the fact and the sentence should be minimal.

As for this other guy. He is a grub and should never see the light of day ever again. IMO. wai.gif

More here: http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/newshome/14474590/thai-men-plead-guilty-to-aussies-murder/

She was a mother of three. Her friend, also injured in the attack tried to save her. They were here on a familiarization trip.

"Mommy won't be coming home. She was knifed to death by some Thai people."

I simply have no words for those excrement at the moment.

I have a word............landfill

There is a part of me that feels....as history has repeatedly shown us in cases like this, that these guys will get off light compared to if it had happened in another country however, there is another part that tells me that this time...they are going to make an example out of these guys with some serious time ...and an outside chance of the death penalty....

He will be out on bail very soon; both before his trail and no doubt after he is convicted of murder.

BUT the VICTUM Did not get off LITE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the Court to let anyone off, if convicted of Murder are as guilty as The Hand that Stabbed the Lady to Death.

coffee1.gifermm.gifcoffee1.gifsad.png

The Australian Government shoul try to Extradite the killer or killers and try him in Australia. After all they murdered an Australian Citizen.

That were certainly "Frost" the Testicles of the Thai Government Judicial System, and the Police all in One Strike. Kind of knocking all the

King Pins down in One Shot.

You can bet your Anus, if he is tried & convicted on Murder in Australia he won't get bail under any circumstances.coffee1.gifermm.gif

Somebody should translate and explain the word "accomplice" for Surin.

Well from Surin's point of view that probably sounds better than 'conspiracy to commit murder', although; a genuine question; which will cause him most trouble, before or after the fact?

Sorry, I am completely confused by this - One confesses to 'gang robbery causing death' the other says he wasn't involved.

So my questions are this - How many people were in the supposed gang?? Can a single person be a gang? How does an entire gang sit on a single Honda Wave?? (No police motorcycle display photos please.)

Put simply the one confessing has directly implicated the one denying the charge as he was (by driving the motorcycle) part of the gang and thus had a part in the robbery and resultant death which his friend has confessed to.

Edited by jonclark

Accomplice to Michelle Smith’s killer changes plea, admits guilt

Phuket Gazette

g.jpeg

Surasak Suwannachote (right), pictured here in the back of a prisoner transport truck, today pleaded guilty to the charge “gang robbery causing death”. Photo: Krisada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- The man who drove the motorbike, used in the attack that led to the death Australian tourist Michelle Smith on June 20, changed his plea today after initially denying all charges against him.

At the beginning of today’s court proceedings, Surasak Suwannachote admitted to his part in the crime and pleaded guilty to the charge of “gang robbery causing death”.

His accomplice, Surin Tadthong, initially denied that he was involved with the killing of Ms Smith.

One of two judges asked Surin that if he were innocent, why did he confess to the police when arrested, to which Surin replied that he was afraid of the police.

The judge told Surin that it was his right to deny the charges, but if he were found guilty, his punishment might be harsher than that handed down to Surasak.

There followed a brief pause, after which an emotional Surin changed his plea back to guilty.

Visibly shaken, Surin repeated his plea of guilt when confronted with CCTV footage of the incident (see above), that showed him driving the motorbike from which Mr Surasak dismounted to attempt the robbery that resulted in the death of Mrs Smith.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ticle16604.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-08-07

Sorry, I am completely confused by this - One confesses to 'gang robbery causing death' the other says he wasn't involved.

So my questions are this - How many people were in the supposed gang?? Can a single person be a gang? How does an entire gang sit on a single Honda Wave?? (No police motorcycle display photos please.)

Put simply the one confessing has directly implicated the one denying the charge as he was (by driving the motorcycle) part of the gang and thus had a part in the robbery and resultant death which his friend has confessed to.

...sounds like he was persuaded to confess to a lesser charge.....

Now there's a surprise! The BiB have carved up the reward now we have 2 patsies downgrading their involvement.

Thai justice at it's best bah.gif Read into it what you like! ermm.gif I, for one, patiently await the final outcome. I feel sure the family will not be happy.

Yes indeed but what ever outcome it will not bring the Mother of three back....also the publicity of the tragedy will no doubt 'cause more that a few to re-consider Thailand as a holiday spot, esp, considering the good lady was herself a Travel agent here on a familisation tour !!

This Surin character should just fess up to what he did. The way I see it he knew that they were going to rob the victim. And then he was an accessory after the fact in regards to the assault and " murder". I honestly don't think he thought the other guy was willing to kill, so had no proir knowlegde or any intent. A flat out denial makes him look bad and therefore a target for the prosecution. Admit guilt to the robbery and accessory after the fact and the sentence should be minimal.

As for this other guy. He is a grub and should never see the light of day ever again. IMO. wai.gif

So you know that the guy on the get-away bike had no knowledge of his oppo's possession of a knife or intent to commit the crime before the robbery?

Send me tonight's euromillion's numberes when you get a mo please?

• Like 1

The Australian Government should extradite the whole gang and hold the trail there!!

You can bet after a conviction there, he would never get bail there; before or after the trial.

That is true. If guilty and sentenced would do time...........but easy time compared to here, 3 squares a day, colour TV, soccer ball to kick around. Far better to do time here methinks.

So you know that the guy on the get-away bike had no knowledge of his oppo's possession of a knife or intent to commit the crime before the robbery?

Send me tonight's euromillion's numberes when you get a mo please?

Read my post again. I believe he knew that the robbery was going down. Do doubt. Did he know that there was going to be a knife attack ? NO!!!. Knives are carried by this like to cut handbags away from victims shoulders so its presence would not have rang alarm bells to the rider.

Find your own numbers for the lottery you jerk.gif .

There is a part of me that feels....as history has repeatedly shown us in cases like this, that these guys will get off light compared to if it had happened in another country however, there is another part that tells me that this time...they are going to make an example out of these guys with some serious time ...and an outside chance of the death penalty....

This incident has had huge media interest in Australia and comments from the Australian P.M down. The Thai authorities pulled out all stops to catch these suspects because of the impact on tourism (The baht) and the ripples sents through the travel companies world wide give she was a travel consultant. The very people that Thailand relies on to promote tourism and send the wallets to Thailand.

This story is still being followed closely in Australia awaiting the final outcome. If these people were let off lightly it would defeat the purpose of trying to restore the reputation of Thailand amongst the Australian people and the travel industry. I believe they will be made an example of.

• Like 1

This incident has had huge media interest in Australia and comments from the Australian P.M down. The Thai authorities pulled out all stops to catch these suspects because of the impact on tourism (The baht) and the ripples sents through the travel companies world wide give she was a travel consultant. The very people that Thailand relies on to promote tourism and send the wallets to Thailand.

This story is still being followed closely in Australia awaiting the final outcome. If these people were let off lightly it would defeat the purpose of trying to restore the reputation of Thailand amongst the Australian people and the travel industry. I believe they will be made an example of.

Yes, again thats what I'm thinking...I believe that Thailand, if at anytime, should do the right thing, now is the time to do it because if they botch this one up, all Hell will break lose and I doubt very much they will want this kind of negative media attention.