Rossi Leaves Ducati!

bbradsby

The more I listen to Rossi whine, the more I appreciate Nicky Hayden. Translated via Google from the Italian text on ilducatista[dot]com:

"At the end everything went as it was widely expected. Valentino Rossi, the greatest driver on the two wheels of the Italian motorcycle history, even more of Giacomo Agostini, even more than the tricolor many champions who have managed to house their name at the top of world rankings, has decided to say enough and start again smile. To do this, he closed the door to Ducati, which in the past two seasons has done everything possible and even more to bring it back on the roof of the world, and he said yes to the proposal from the Yamaha, which has won 4 world titles in MotoGP.

It seems that the choice has nothing to do with the money. At Ducati, Valentino earned something like 14 million per year, not peanuts, even if the proposal for renewal that would come from the Borgo Panigale would not reach the actual numbers. However, the Yamaha would not have done much better. Still a lot of money talking, but in Japan it seems that they have decided to svenarsi for a phenomenon that for some time unable to cross the finish line in the top. Yet, the scenarios are completely different. Why Now, Ducati makes no guarantees regarding the development of a bike that dances more than necessary and can not ride like Rossi wants. While there is little to add to Yamaha. Lorenzo is a missile. The YZR-M1 is a concentration of power and reliability.

The marriage between Rossi and Ducati has worn in the last races of the World 2012. The Doctor hoped to put aside the disappointments of last year to return large. There had, indeed. And the tone of his statements early in the season was absolutely positive. The Ducati had worked so hard to give Valentino a bike all over, unable to keep up with the Japanese. And the champion of Tavullia had appreciated greatly, with a load of expectations and confidence that often accompanies the best companies. Then, after the acute Le Mans, second place and a great joy for the idea of ​​tomorrow so that he could be, it is returned on the standards of 2011. Many yawns, many failed attempts. So much anger for a project that was leaking everywhere.

Valentino began sniping at the Ducati Desmosedici, explaining that the would not allow him to do well. For its part, Ducati has taken note of the words of his rider without showing its face, indeed. Filippo Preziosi, longtime manager of the team from Bologna, has reacted with enthusiasm by reviewing the logic and strategies of his bike. Asking Valentino compare continuous and constant, to follow his directions for improvement. For ritorvare the road lost. But it did not go the right way. Because the changes, even those proposed by Rossi, did not work as expected. Start all over again. Once again. It played to 33 years, the 7 times world champion will be questioned about the reasons of his relationship with Ducati. Wait? And for what?

From here, the idea matured over time, to look around to see what effect it back in the game. Among the large, probably for the last time. And so, in a matter of pilots who took off from the shock withdrawal of the Stoner Honda, Yamaha has decided to give the heave-ho to Ben Spies to try again the feeling of a return to high altitude. Inside Rossi, who will race alongside Lorenzo, as in 2010, Andrea Dovizioso still out, that we almost had to find a place in the team and that instead we must "accept" box to occupy vacated by Rossi at Ducati.

The marriage is over. Now we have to accept a coexistence that will certainly not happy either Reds or the Ducati, forced to stay under one roof here at the end of the season for the sake of signing. Eight races of glances and greetings low whisper. They said it would be the best pair ever. It 's over in tears. Tomorrow's announcement of the move to Yamaha. The final chapter of a story (a few) ups and (many) downs."

Not a new home, he just went back home... Who will be Yamahas first rider then? Rossi or Jorge (or is he switching as well)?

Could be a good year next year then-

I think that the Ducati was a very special bike that only a few are able to ride well, guess it did not suit Rossi's riding style...

Don't forget that it was very different when Stoner took the title on it..

Rossi is def.. a future GOAT...

An article from MCN UK

Valentino Rossi will make a sensational return to the factory Yamaha MotoGP squad after signing a two year deal that will see him line up alongside bitter rival Jorge Lorenzo in 2013 and 2014.

The move will see him reacquainted with the Japanese manufacturer where he enjoyed one of the most successful periods of his illustrious career.

Rossi first rode for Yamaha in 2004 winning the title immediately before reclaiming it again in 2005. Having surrendered his crown to Casey Stoner in 2007, Rossi won again in 2008 and 2009 after a fierce year long battle with Lorenzo.

Yamaha’s Motor Racing Managing Director, Lin Jarvis said: "This announcement is once again excellent news for Yamaha. In June we were able to sign Jorge Lorenzo for the 2013-14 campaign and now we are able to confirm Valentino Rossi for the next two years.

"In doing so we have been able to put together the strongest possible team to challenge for victories and to promote the Yamaha brand.”

“We have run this ‘super team’ together in 2008, 2009 and 2010 and during that time we achieved the ‘triple crown’ titles with Rider, Manufacturer and Team World Championship victories for three consecutive years.

“I have no doubt that with the experience, knowledge, skills and speed of these two great champion riders we will be able to challenge for many race wins and for the 2013 and 2014 World Championship titles."

Rossi move back to Yamaha is a bitter blow to Ducati who have now lost their greatest asset. Rossi’s original move to Ducati two years ago was billed as a dream partnership, but in reality it has been a nightmare.

In 2011, Rossi’s best result was third meaning that it was the first time he’d failed to win a single race in a season since his GP career began and 2012 does not look like it will be any different.

Despite the recent Audi takeover of Ducati and huge efforts to convince Rossi to stay at Ducati and try and fix the issues of the Desmosedici, Rossi could not be convinced to re-sign, dealing a massive blow to the company.

For full insight and analysis of what this means for Yamaha, Ducati and MotoGP see MCN out on Wednesday 15 August.

Rossi and Jorge are not bitter rivals, Jorge liked the speculation of Rossi coming back to Yam before it had actually happen, Jorge wants a competitive rider in the team, as the Honda's have had with Stoner and Dani.

I think Marc Marquez is a lucky boy but earned Stoners place.

The problem with the Ducati bike always points to the engine, although Stoner won the championship on it, development of Honda and Yam were bound to put it in the background sooner or later, lucky for Stoner to get out and go to Honda when he did.

The Ducati works well in a twin and WSBK results show that, they had a chance to change the design when going into the MotoGP arena but they stuck to the same design that Honda through out with V4's a long time ago.

Better than MCM news and the horses mouth :- http://www.motogp.com/

Edited by Kwasaki

I believe Rossi understands his window for racking up championships is closing with age and talented, younger riders - so he needs to get on a competitive bike now in order to have a chance at going out on top. I'm a died-in-the wool Ducatista, but I can't say I blame Rossi for his choice. As for Lorenzo, no matter how he paints it to the public, this is bad news for him as a major rival is now back in the game.

I used to like Rossi, but a friend of mine worked as a camera man for motogp and said he was a total arsehol_e. As soon as the camera was off, so was his charm and friendliness.

Now I like to follow Lorenzo, mainly because he is such a doughnut. :-)

I used to like Rossi, but a friend of mine worked as a camera man for motogp and said he was a total arsehol_e. As soon as the camera was off, so was his charm and friendliness.

Now I like to follow Lorenzo, mainly because he is such a doughnut. :-)

I have to disagree, having met VR just by chance in Maida Vale London where he use to hang around a lot, he was very pleasant to me a total stranger.

@ " bbrad " "As for Lorenzo, no matter how he paints it to the public, this is bad news for him as a major rival is now back in the game."

Personally I don't see it that way really, with Stoner gone where's his competition. ??