Need Recommendation For Reputable Pattaya Travel Agent

Zodiac

I need to book some international airline tickets and would be grateful for any recommendations of reputable travel agents in Pattaya preferably in South Pattaya.

(I have put this the Pattaya forum as opposed to the travel one as I believe by so doing I will get a better response).

Thank you in advance.

I fly international ex Bkk every 2 weeks and always use an English person called Guy who runs music travel - although he is based on the Darkside I have only ever met him twice in my 3 years of booking with him and find it easy to do by phone then email.

Very quick and very reliable - if you want his contact details just PM me

SUPATTAYA Travel just outside The Village on third road, I have been using them on/off for 8 years. The only time I don't use them is when they can't match the airlines own Internet rate which is about 20% of the time.

I fly international ex Bkk every 2 weeks and always use an English person called Guy who runs music travel - although he is based on the Darkside I have only ever met him twice in my 3 years of booking with him and find it easy to do by phone then email.

+1

MTT and Guy provide an excellent service.

All Seasons Travel, opposite Friendship Supermarket, South Pattaya Road.

All seasons travel opposite Friendship ,very good used them for years ,also if you have access to a computer Mox travel in Bangkok 100% reliable and i use them if i cannot get a better price from all seasons.

I agree with All Seasons Travel, very professional. Used them a few times.

Also to the guy that asked about online agencies, well sometimes they just don't accept your bookings online, web problems, credit card rejections, etc. that's all.

May I take this opportunity to thank each and every one who has helpfully posted on here, greatly appreciated. In particular can I thank "timekeeper" as the suggestion was Travel Ideas , a place opposite Friendship.

I wanted to book 2 return economy tickets from BKK to London on TG and before going to Travel Ideas I went to All Seasons plus also checked prices on line via TG and also checked prices from some recommended online agents. i also went to have a chat with TG airlines themselves near the Dusit.

All Seasons were very pleasant and helpful but the prices quoted to me for the 2 tickets were over 25,000 baht more that what I needed to pay for exactly the same tickets bought from "Travel Ideas". We are talking a significant price difference; naturally I booked through Travel ideas and I would strongly recommend them and have to say I am puzzled about the wide price difference especially since several posters have recommended All Seasons.

I would also add that the price given to me by "Travel Ideas" was lower than booking via the internet.

Edited by Zodiac

• 4 months later...

You will notice my postings above and me extolling the virtues of a travel agent recommended to me here called Travel Ideas which operated from an office in south pattaya road.I bought some tickets from them in August 2012; i paid in cash and got a receipt from the agent. Shortly afterwards I checked online via the Thai Airways web site and the web site confirmed my booking. When i was in the Travel Ideas office I thought i saw an IATA sign.

Well this morning, 3 January 2013, i went past their office with a "ForSale/rent" sign on the door. On closer inspection there is a hand written notice posted on the front of the office plus a photo of the manager saying in effect that the manager has absconded with customers funds and people should contact the police in Soi 9. I immediately went home and got my "electronic ticket receipts" with the Thai airways logo on them-issued by the agent- and checked on line from the Thai Airways web site. On the web site I have a reservations code with a statement that the flights are confirmed.

I telephoned the Thai Airways head office who say that I "have the booking" and the flight is "confirmed" but no ticket has been issued.

I wrongly assumed the electronic ticket receipt was my ticket.

I was told to go to the Thai Airways office in Pattaya. They confirmed the same. The agent have faked the electronic ticket with the Thai logo on it, and they said the confirmation on the Thai Airways web site was simply a confirmation of the reservations. I had no tickets isseds as the agent had not given the money to Thai Airways.

Travel ideas are a sub agency and are not IATA protected(if they were my tickets would be guaranteed)

Apparently Thai Airways have a folder of similar complaints re this company.

I went and made a police report and likewise there are others who have lost money through this agent..

I have lost 75,000 baht.

ironically i still have the booking but i will need to pay all over again.

I blame myself as the old saying goes "if it seems too good to be true then it usually is"

No need to post here criticizing me a I have already suffered a large financial whack and i must take the blame(though its a pity Thai airways do not make things clearer on their web site when checking confirmation of flights).

I post this simply as a warning to others and to anyone who has tickets purchased from the agency concerned.

Edited by Zodiac

And I thought the jet ski's were the biggest problem!! I was also scammed last year, by a little travel agent on Soi 6. Paid cash for a ticket to Helsinki, via Istanbul. That part of the flight was ok, but for my return flight, there was no booking at all, anywhere. Also it was impossible to communicate with Turkish Airlines, so in the end, had to buy a new ticket. Back in Thailand, I called the woman, and she said, "sorry" and will try to pay me back. Went down to the office, and it was locked and empty! Should have reported it to the police, but didnt.

....book directly with the airline and if you must use a travel agent be sure to use a credit card.

There is nothing wrong with using an agent and paying with a credit card. They often undercut the airlines own prices. I saved about GBP50 buying my last ticket from Opodo rather than from the airline.

The important thing is to always use a credit card that offers some sort of protection. I'm not sure that Thai cards do, but personally I would only ever use a UK card anyway as the protection in the UK is 100% and is covered multiple ways.

As for paying cash for a ticket, I think the last time I did that was in London in the 1970s. There is no way I would do it today, especially in Thailand. Far too many crooks and not enough consumer protection.

+1

MTT and Guy provide an excellent service.

i use guy all the time,i know you have lost money which is bad,but i belive you will still get a great deal from him.

• 4 weeks later...

travel ideas

across the road from friendship going up to the junction of pattaya thai and third road

May I take this opportunity to thank each and every one who has helpfully posted on here, greatly appreciated. In particular can I thank "timekeeper" as the suggestion was Travel Ideas , a place opposite Friendship.

I wanted to book 2 return economy tickets from BKK to London on TG and before going to Travel Ideas I went to All Seasons plus also checked prices on line via TG and also checked prices from some recommended online agents. i also went to have a chat with TG airlines themselves near the Dusit.

All Seasons were very pleasant and helpful but the prices quoted to me for the 2 tickets were over 25,000 baht more that what I needed to pay for exactly the same tickets bought from "Travel Ideas". We are talking a significant price difference; naturally I booked through Travel ideas and I would strongly recommend them and have to say I am puzzled about the wide price difference especially since several posters have recommended All Seasons.

I would also add that the price given to me by "Travel Ideas" was lower than booking via the internet.

You will notice my postings above and me extolling the virtues of a travel agent recommended to me here called Travel Ideas which operated from an office in south pattaya road.I bought some tickets from them in August 2012; i paid in cash and got a receipt from the agent. Shortly afterwards I checked online via the Thai Airways web site and the web site confirmed my booking. When i was in the Travel Ideas office I thought i saw an IATA sign.

Well this morning, 3 January 2013, i went past their office with a "ForSale/rent" sign on the door. On closer inspection there is a hand written notice posted on the front of the office plus a photo of the manager saying in effect that the manager has absconded with customers funds and people should contact the police in Soi 9. I immediately went home and got my "electronic ticket receipts" with the Thai airways logo on them-issued by the agent- and checked on line from the Thai Airways web site. On the web site I have a reservations code with a statement that the flights are confirmed.

I telephoned the Thai Airways head office who say that I "have the booking" and the flight is "confirmed" but no ticket has been issued.

I was told to go to the Thai Airways office in Pattaya. They confirmed the same. The agent have faked the electronic ticket with the Thai logo on it, and they said the confirmation on the Thai Airways web site was simply a confirmation of the reservations. I had no tickets isseds as the agent had not given the money to Thai Airways.

Travel ideas are a sub agency and are not IATA protected(if they were my tickets would be guaranteed)

I went and made a police report and likewise there are others who have lost money through this agent..

I have lost 75,000 baht.

I blame myself as the old saying goes "if it seems too good to be true then it usually is"

No need to post here criticizing me a I have already suffered a large financial whack and i must take the blame(though its a pity Thai airways do not make things clearer on their web site when checking confirmation of flights).

I post this simply as a warning to others and to anyone who has tickets purchased from the agency concerned.

Travel Ideas (Pattayatai 111/35, opposite the Bank of Ayudhia) is closed now (“FOR RENT”).

At its window I noticed a message in English (probably NOT from police) stating:

- that people cheated by Travel Ideas should contact the Police Station on Beach Road/Soi 9;

- that the same company is still doing business on Soi VC;

- that the police do not know the whereabouts of its manager Chayanit Sangsaming (a ladyboy known as Khun Joe).

And I thought the jet ski's were the biggest problem!! I was also scammed last year, by a little travel agent on Soi 6. Paid cash for a ticket to Helsinki, via Istanbul. That part of the flight was ok, but for my return flight, there was no booking at all, anywhere. Also it was impossible to communicate with Turkish Airlines, so in the end, had to buy a new ticket. Back in Thailand, I called the woman, and she said, "sorry" and will try to pay me back. Went down to the office, and it was locked and empty! Should have reported it to the police, but didnt.

Which travel agent on Soi 6 ?

A friend of mine travels with Arare Travel Agency (437/37 Moo 9 Soi 6) and seems happy.

This agency was still open mid January.

Edited by DickFarang

• 4 months later...

Normally i buy tickets online. But i need a return ticket BKK-AMS. May be, i will must rebook the date of the return flight. It's a pain to figure it out online, if the flight is rebookable and how much it costs.

If someone have a advise, you are welcome.

• 10 months later...

travel ideas

across the road from friendship going up to the junction of pattaya thai and third road

I have lost 75,000 baht.

Travel Ideas (Pattayatai 111/35, opposite the Bank of Ayudhia) is closed now (“FOR RENT”).

At its window I noticed a message in English (probably NOT from police) stating:

- that people cheated by Travel Ideas should contact the Police Station on Beach Road/Soi 9;

- that the same company is still doing business on Soi VC;

- that the police do not know the whereabouts of its manager Chayanit Sangsaming (a ladyboy known as Khun Joe).

OMG. This is scary.

I made a booking with that same agent and the price seemed good. Then I had a bad feeling and didn't follow through on paying and went with another agent. We're talking an EXPENSIVE ticket. Trust those animal instincts, folks!

I would,but for some unknown Reason my Creditcard is not working anymore.will sort it out back home.Are there any online Agencies that exept Paypal? If not I have to use a local Agent. and he wept

"Overseas" even changes my return dates/tickets on request by email. Have never failed me. They also organized refunds from the airline on occasions I could not travel. They have been around since the good old days. MS>