My Avatar Was Kicked Off And Now I Can'T Get It Back

Jingthing

My somewhat long standing animated avatar, shown below was kicked off yesterday and when I tried to add it back, numerous times, it never reappeared. Only a blank picture. There was no error message showing when I tried to add it again. Yes I waited several minutes for it to show up and it just never did. I could understand if there was a new policy about animated gif files, sizes of files, etc. but what happened here, I do not understand.

BTW, I even changed the file name of the graphic. Still didn't work. (Sneaky, huh?)

post-37101-0-79450000-1345969757.gif

Edited by Jingthing

I spent time through the Admin control panel and haven't pinned the problem down yet. If I remove your current doggy avatar and try to replace with your older one it doesn't take and shows up blank. If I put your new one back it shows up fine. I just tried another animated avatar and it also shows up blank so not sure yet what is happening. Profile photos can be a maximum of 300kB so no problem with size. Will look around at other members with animated avatars and see if they are now missing also.

//edit - didn't have to look far as just above smokie36's avatar is working fine. biggrin.png

• Like 2

I tried to remove the current one and and clicked save. Then tried to upload one on my desktop and this one keeps appearing by default. It's a conspiracy.

No Modric avatar for you James! biggrin.png

Nope he can go to Madrid and sit on the bench, How many MF's do they have now. Good buy though, quality player. Who are you getting to replace him, I hear you are in for that guy LP paid 10 million for last year.... oops back to avatars. Smokes, please change yours, I know you like it cause it moves but time to get a new one. How about pick 4 and we can vote on the best one for you...

• 2 weeks later...

Only the ones I like. The others, I eat, if I get my hands on them and they are not too scrawny. So far, I haven't yet come across a dog I didn't like. (As a child, I did have the tanned pelt of a dog that bit my face as a carpet next to my bed, but that's another story. Don't know what happened to the meat; I was too young to remember)

Only the ones I like. The others, I eat, if I get my hands on them and they are not too scrawny. So far, I haven't yet come across a dog I didn't like. (As a child, I did have the tanned pelt of a dog that bit my face as a carpet next to my bed, but that's another story. Don't know what happened to the meat; I was too young to remember)

I showed this post to my dad's collie this morning and he got up on his hind legs, put his paws in his mouth and blew a raspberry!

The Red Setter just shook his head and sighed.

Personality clashes I guess. :D

I replaced my Avatar a few weeks ago and it seemed that it just would not load...it indicated it loaded OK but didn't appear immediately, after a few minutes, after 10 minutes, or even a few hours....but next morning about 8 hours later there it was.

• 6 months later...

For quite some time now my simple, very small file photo has not been appearing with my user name when I post. It worked for donkey's years, and its still on my own page, but its otherwise vanished. Any suggestions on how to fix that? Could it have something to do with the fact that I only ever log in now through my android smartphone?

Cheers