Waste Water Plumbing

Is the waste water plumbing really that bad that you cannot even put toilet paper down the pan or is this just some myth or idea the thais have, i find it hard to believe the plumbing is that bad that toilet paper will block up the system.

does anyone flush paper on a daily basis and have you had problems with blockages?

No problem IF the pipework is/was installed properly with the correct angle and size for water to take stuff to the tank. Have heard that folk with the concrete ''stacked rings'' type tanks do have probs and require constant pump outs. sad.png .

Much to the other half's consternation, I always flush it down the toilet. Blocked many a bog in shopping centres / Malls doing this where they try to be all western and don't give you a hose, but also leave you with a toilet incapable of handling decent sized dump, let alone a sprinkling of toilet paper. Do I care? Do I hell. It's 2012, not 1555. All these buildings have been built recently and everyone in their right mind knows that to sit in a lav with a bucket full of poo covered paper is hardly nice.

Don't get me started on the Locals that go for a dump in the squat and pray bogs, come out clearly with out using paper, go to the sinks, turn the tap on, damp their hands a little and then proceed to smooth back their hair for the next 15 minutes to make sure it is picture perfect. Then they go back to stacking mangoes in Big C.

Edited by Pseudolus
  • Like 1

Actually ill tell you what it is, the waste pipes out the back of the bogs are 4inches diameter which is fine unless u <deleted> bricks BUT the exit hole from the pan itself is less than 3 inches which doesnt help one bit and I cant understand why manufacturer havent caught up with that fact and made them 4 inch

No problem with concrete ring cesspits if the are designed properly and no bleach is shoved down em they work fine am not sure if boidegradebale bog roll would work in them or not.

The next problem as stated is the correct fall in the pipes and pipe sizes, too much fall and the water gushes thru leaving your turd high n dry where no doubt it will glue itself to the pipe wall and too little and gravity wont let it run thru the pipe. The fall should be about 1/4 inch a foot, I did a run recently carefully measuring the fall so it was spot on photo attached.

post-113733-0-05621100-1346230072_thumb.

In UK it is 3.5 or 4 inch until it reaches ground level, then it is 6 inch clay pipes underground.

In LOS they use 4 inch.

Not even limited to Thailand, I've seen a similar situation in Cyprus and in Greece with the old stinky paper basket next to the bog.

In UK it is 3.5 or 4 inch until it reaches ground level, then it is 6 inch clay pipes underground.

In LOS they use 4 inch.

Not even limited to Thailand, I've seen a similar situation in Cyprus and in Greece with the old stinky paper basket next to the bog.

Don't mention Cyprus w00t.gif , shower with turds around my feet. laugh.png

In LOS they use 4 inch.

At Uni, one of my hosue mates did a fart in the shower and did not realise a badgers snout had popped out. Enter next house mate, who thought that the object was a piece of dead leaf or something and spent some time with his toe trying to poke it down the plug hole. Nek Minit.... screams and howls of horror.

• Like 1

I really don't know any Thai's that believe you can't flush toilet paper in a normal house. Sounds like a myth you have not one they have.

no my wife doesnt put anything down the pan and most public toilets have waste bins full of used shitty paper so it aint me

From my personal experience many Thais were not brought up with toilet paper but used items similar to the Sears Catalog. This is not something that works well with plumbing. City Thais may be used to biodegradable toilet paper but the out country folk have not had a lot of experience with it. Plus it is pretty expensive compared to the other methods the out country folk use for cleaning up. Certainly a standard septic system has no problem with conventional toilet paper but a non digesting septic system (cement rings) may cause problems.

Edited by BuckarooBanzai

If you really want to clean out all the pipes, the following is a dead cert working solution.

Step one. Have 8 pints of guiness at your local.

Step two. Collect a chicken vindaloo on the way home.

Step three, For breakfast have two cups of black coffee.

As a warning notice, make sure you have the second cup of black coffee in a place that is within 3 yards of your facility.

Conforming to to these instructions will ensure that even a rolled up copy of the "London Times" will pass every nook, cranny and obstacle on the way to it's determined destination.. smile.png

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

In LOS they use 4 inch.

At Uni, one of my hosue mates did a fart in the shower and did not realise a badgers snout had popped out. Enter next house mate, who thought that the object was a piece of dead leaf or something and spent some time with his toe trying to poke it down the plug hole. Nek Minit.... screams and howls of horror.

Have to admit the terminology threw me for a minute, in fact a long time, then it clicked. The expression I would have understood instantly would be a turtles head.biggrin.png