Medical/health Insurance

baan_yangyai

Baan, I just did a review of this outfit: http://www.goodhealthworldwide.com/index.asp

Rates similar to the West (much too high for costs in Thailand), but most of their programs do include evacuation service, if that's important. I was impressed with their easily understood program laid out on their web site.

I've also had friends recommend AIA in Thailand.

Good luck!

AIA are by far the best here in Thailand with representatives in all major provinces. AIA standard coverage works out at about 18,000 Th.Baght a year. BUPA here are not a patch on the service you would get at home and I've heard of many stories from people that you get cover for this, this but not this and this etc. etc.

AIA covers the whole lot.

If you're working here and paying your taxes then you automatically get the Thai equivalent of National Insurance, what they call "Baghan Sang Kom". This covers all medical expenses at any government hospital in the country.

This is just 1,500 Baht a month, however true to Thai policy for exactley the same service Thais only pay 200 Baht...!!! :o

If you're working here and paying your taxes then you automatically get the Thai equivalent of National Insurance, what they call "Baghan Sang Kom". This covers all medical expenses at any government hospital in the country.

This is just 1,500 Baht a month, however true to Thai policy for exactley the same service Thais only pay 200 Baht...!!! :o

Social Insurance is a different payment to tax. They're always shown separately on my slips. The amount you pay is related to the amount you earn and the maximum employee contribution is 750 baht per month. I guess the employer's contribution makes it 1500 baht ? It's no different for Thais.

Social Insurance is a different payment to tax. They're always shown separately on my slips. The amount you pay is related to the amount you earn and the maximum employee contribution is 750 baht per month. I guess the employer's contribution makes it 1500 baht ? It's no different for Thais.

On my company accounts, I pay 1,500 Th.B for myself and 200 Th.B for my wife who is also the other partner in the business. This was confirmed by the relevant office as well. Maybe it';s different for employees as opposed to business owners as I suppose I am owner AND employee.

Bit of a difference though, me paying 1500 and the missus 200...!!!

If you value your health and life, forget any thoughts of the government

Doesn't happen often astral, but I have to STRONGLY disagree with you there!

The local govt hospital here is absolutely superb, even better than a couple of the private hospitals where AIA would send me. Last year I had my gall bladder removed in the govt hospital, I had my own room, air-con and a TV (admittedly no UBC though, but the laptop and a few DVD's solves that problem).

I was in for 6 days and the whole bill came to less than 12,000 Th.B, inclusive of all medicine and follow up appointments.

Maybe it's different where you are astral, but here in Kanchanaburi the govt hospital is excellent. This must be one of the hardest places to sell health insurance as most of the expats here all use the govt hospital. In fact a friend of mine is in there at the moment for a minor operation and he's loving it.

My wife even gave birth to our son there, all-in less than 4,000 Th.B, whereas another expat friend here paid over 11,000 Th.B in one of the private hospitals for exactly the same room.

I'm sure if you check with Kan Win he'll vouch for me here...

As an added bonus, all the nurses are absolutely SPOT ON gorgeous, all dressed in their white uniforms...!!!