If You Don't Like It, Go Home.

Pseudolus

I've had this said to me a lot in this forum. Go Home! Leave! You're not wanted here, p#%s off. this kind of thing. Before coming to Thailand and venturing onto this forum, the only people I had ever known to utter such phrases were the vile racists in my home country.

"Here's a fiver mate, @$%$ off home you @#%@#%" basically.

Usually when I read these remarks I am in my home. What am I supposed to do? walk out for a while and then return?

I just conclude that the mind set is the same between the racists and those who use this phrase ad infinitum. Judging by the jokes board, I'm not actually that wrong in this belief. So does people who type "get out of my adopted country" actually say more about the short comings of that person, then of their target?

10 post until I am told to leave / go home.

• Like 2

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

judging by the amount of posts you have made you must of complained a little to much and maybe should think a little more about what to say to get your point across,as for leaving you have as much right to be here as the rest of us so just ignore the posts telling you to go home.have a laugh and forget the c#@p that a lot go on and on about.

• Like 2

Ahem my dear Pseudolus, the thoughts (as has been explained to you on previous threads) are, no one is forcing any one to be in Thailand against their will (except maybe Thais who are born in Thailand, and really can't emigrate to another country so easily). A falang in Thailand can leave any time that they want. If they are unhappy, then they can go to their home country if it makes them happier. The issue arises when people stay in Thailand, complain about Thailand, the people of Thailand, and what happens to them in Thailand. If it were me, and I were unhappy with where I lived I would just go home. What I would not do is to continue to live there, continue to be abused, and come on an internet forum to complain.

Well that's the spirit ... I take it you're second generation American? Now to be fair and don't take this the wrong way... you don't "look" like a farang so do you consider where you live now to be your home?

At least you have the freedom of speech there but if you did complain about something wasn't right in the US (a lot of things aren't but let's leave that out of this conversation) and local told you "Why don't you go home if you don't like it"... would you find that comment offensive since where you live now actually is your home or would you concur with the local's assessment and do as he says?

The OP just have a bad time like many people can have and this is his way of reaching out then I suggest you take a course in solidarity and compassion for a change.

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I've had this said to me a lot in this forum. Go Home! Leave! You're not wanted here, p#%s off. this kind of thing. Before coming to Thailand and venturing onto this forum, the only people I had ever known to utter such phrases were the vile racists in my home country.

"Here's a fiver mate, @$%$ off home you @#%@#%" basically.

I noticed this generally in this forum.

Some of the greatest defenders of the "rights of minorities", "immigrants" and such back home, are the greatest racists when it comes to an average beer-belly Leo drinking white farang in Pattaya.

These PC advocates generally don't want immigrants here. Except for themselves. Immigrants just disturb their rose tainted image of wonderful Thailand. And they take "their" women....

• Like 1

I had this comment over a post about how in general Thais do not think ahead/what if. 'Go home'. Well sorry I won't go back to my land of birth, this is my home now I'm very happy here but, just like anywhere, ( my 'home' country, France etc ( joke)) there are frustrations. I thought chatting about them was one of the functions of a forum.

As someone commented on my earlier post, some people spend their lives running away, maybe they think we all should. If they think such a comment is helpful, maybe they should think again

A part of it must be the way that certain people start posts -"the trouble with those bloody Thais is...." and another part is maybe the unwillingness of certain respondents to try to see the story behind the posts.

I could say something like "the same dogs lay on the road every day when I drive off and never seem to learn that it's maybe not a good idea" and then relate it to the way (many) Thais drive. Or I could say "when I see how people drive, and not only here in Thailand, then I come to the conclusion that world peace is a lost cause".

I have had contact with the OP here, mostly positive I think, but even if it hadn't been I would never think to say he should go back home if he doesn't like it here. Farangs can make a difference by example. I know about all the horror stories from guys living in Pattaya, but our little buffalo village has plenty also.

• Like 1

At least you have the freedom of speech...

Ahhh, there's that term, "freedom of speech." What's odd is this term is usually the last vestige of the whining/whinging eegits who believe it's their God-given right to complain about anything and anyone at any time. But you know what? I agree with you. The thing is, if the whiners have a right to free speech, how about my right to tell the whiners to go piss up a rope? Where is my "freedom of speech?"

In other words, the right to express an opinion MUST be balanced by another's right to disagree. I find that the best response to a whining foreigner who has nothing but hatred and contempt for the Thais and Thailand is to go the <deleted> back to where they came from. And what's wrong with expressing that opinion?

• Like 1

@Submaniac

First of all, who said I was British (congrats you have earned another right to be bashed) and second you really needed this much text when it's simpler to say "F*** off"?

To be honest you don't sound that much different than the OP with your whining about farangs. I guess it you never learned to adapt or the fact that people who come here to be with their families just want to have a normal life. Since when do farangs try to swing the country their way?

Your lack of thinking outside the box and inability to comprehend simple matters that is a basic need in every country where there are immigrants shows you are not ready to have a civilized discussion so let's not bicker more. You have already shown your true colors.

I do wish you well and hope that your transition will be a smooth and fast as it should be so you don't get pestered by these awful farangs.

I do have a proposition for you though, when you do arrive back home, I dare you to go out and have a beer with me and see if me and my mongrol kind is as bad as you claim us to be. thumbsup.gif

Edited by maxme
  • Like 1

I wish most farangs would go home.

They're ruining beautiful Thailand. sad.png

Why sorry sir I didn't know it was THAT bad but when we are at it, we take every business we have brought with us to this country. Surely it's not much and did not contribute to the country's economy so there will be no loss. My apologies... rolleyes.gif

Seriously though, the reason some people see only bad farangs is quite obvious. Have you been to the immigration office in Bangkok? When you see who gets a pass and who doesn't, it is evidently clear that something is wrong with the process as most of these people who gets to stay have no genuine or sincere interest in Thailand or its people.

Edited by maxme

Freedom of speech is great but we also have freedom of movement. Those who came to Thailand and are now not happy have the feedom to move on. Yes Thailand has many faults because it is still a Third world country but I can think of many faults in my home country that I don't have here. (Too many taxes for a start). I for one am happy here, I accept that nowhere in the world would be absolute paradise where there is nothing I did not like. If I change my mind later I can go back home or try another country. I have that choice as do every other farang.

• Like 1