The Bad-Mouthing Of Western Women Explained . . . By A Thai Guy

HardenedSoul

wai.gif Well just my personal opinion, others will possibly disagree.

But I do not find western women, let's just say tall and "well endowed" to be as attractive as petite Thai women.

If you class men as "chest" men or "leg" men...I'm definately in the "leg" category.

And there are definately some women in Thailand with beautiful slim legs.

That fact has a lot to do with why I came to Thailand...over 35 years ago.

wink.png

or 'arse' men thumbsup.gif

Just to point out that a western model's job is to sell clothing to western women.

It isn't about looking sexy for any man, men don't generally buy womens clothing.

Ha ha, yes I have never seen a model used to sell a product to a man, that would be crazy.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny how many supermodels are western and how few are Asian, considering there are a lot of Asians

You could use the same logic to wonder why there aren't many Asian movie stars.

The correct answer is most model agencies are based in western cities, and recruit the models from the population around them because it's easy..

Agreed. IMO, there are a lot more attractive women percentage-wise in Thailand than any Western country. wub.png

I will agree that there are a lot more women here who aren't fat. Western men and women have a lot of potential but it is hidden by the weight. So you are right in that sense that there are more pretty women here percentage wise.

Oh but times they are a changin.

Ha ha, yes I have never seen a model used to sell a product to a man, that would be crazy.

Male models sell to men, Female models sell to women.

Which adverts have you seen where this isn't normally the case?

(although I originally thought we were discussing catwalk models)

Think beer commercials

I was an advertising photographer, models mainly work for print, a select few are runway models.

Edited by canuckamuck

Think beer commercials

I was an advertising photographer, models mainly work for print, a select few are runway models.

And cars.

Think beer commercials

Like this one

or this one

http://youtu.be/uNQa5HCUYCQ

Edited by TommoPhysicist

or this

http://youtu.be/_GbHpqfv9is

OK, I found one with girls but it was from 2002, and it has an Asian chick in it at the end.

After looking at the 'greatest beer commercials in the past 15 years', I can't see they really feature girls all that heavily

About 3 out of 13 have girls in them, so no, it appears overwhelmingly men sell beer to men.

http://coedmagazine....-past-15-years/

Edited by TommoPhysicist

The reasons vary about the cons of western women. Possibly it could have as much to do with the western culture and the demands and materialism and often touted decline in family values? Also the sexual repression in The US?

are you serious abnout the repression in the US. I've travelled all over and everyone tells me English girls are easy, the US girls are the easiest girls I've ever met, hi do you want to stay at my hous3e, lets fu333k , poarty every night, and that after about 10 mins

Well if that were really the case among the majority of English and American chicks, then why do so many move to or regulatly visit Thailand for the women.

Surely, if English and American girls are so much easier to bed, there wouldn't be such broad disdain for them among Thailand's expats.

Wouldn't be fairer to say that those English and American girls that do . . . . er . . "assume the position" quickly tend to do so for a different type of guy than that which rocks up in Thailand for the totty?

• Like 2

Think beer commercials

I can't concentrate on two things at once. Is this thread about beer adverts or models (as in pretty girls, not as in airfix kits or new cars)? - Or maybe balsa runway models. My brother flies toy planes.

My favourite beer advert was the Tartan Special beer advert with Robbie Coltrane as the Tartan Pimpernel. There were no pretty girls in that advert, though Ally Macleod featured by reference. That was the advert that put Bon Accord FC on the map

SC

or this

OK, I found one with girls but it was from 2002, and it has an Asian chick in it at the end.

After looking at the 'greatest beer commercials in the past 15 years', I can't see they really feature girls all that heavily

About 3 out of 13 have girls in them, so no, it appears overwhelmingly men sell beer to men.

I will inform the Budweiser girls that they're out of a job.

Great vids though, I would say that the 4th one pretty much crushed your point

Edited by canuckamuck

or this

I will inform the Budweiser girls that they're out of a job.

They can be reassigned to recruit female beer drinkers.

I noticed in singapore and Malaysia, a lot of the girls are as pretty as Thai girls, but they dont dress up as girly or with the nightclubbing heels etc as Thai girls do.

I think looks-wise, Thai girls seem to dress up more for attention than other Asian nations. As in, they seem to dress for male attention, rather than quirky etc and personal expression. There seems to be a lot more practical and personal expression in the other two Asian countries i mentioned (not sure about other Asian countries). Also noticed in Australia the Asian girls tend to dress more trendy/self-expressive too. I also think a lot a women generally feel pressure to be taken seriously, so dressing girly/sexy in clubber style heels seems to be viewed differently (imo) outside of Thailand.

Combine that with the majority of attractive girls being possibly obtainable (rather than in the west where most guys would need to up their game to be on the radar)...i think that is another appeal for men.

..I really dont think my thoughts are off the wall on this much.

• Like 2