Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

I may have got this wrong...but I thought it was the vehicle that was insured here, and not the driver/rider ???

That aside I do know I do get a good discount on my truck 1st class insurance by naming the drivers as

just my wife & I. I believe it is like 10% discount if I remember right. So it is possible to limit the coverage

that way to named drivers & get a better price than a blanket insure of the vehicle.

But they do remind you the truck will not be insured if I let anyone else drive

Yep, you're right, just asked the wife and yes you can name the drivers...but it is the vehicle that is insured not the driver/rider.

That sounds right to me too.

Because here I notice the insurance goes with the vehicle if any is left & you sell the vehicle.

Which when I think about it proves it is in fact the vehicle which is insured.

Otherwise you would take "your" insurance with you to the next vehicle

Hahah also makes me realize if I sell our truck the buyer better remove our names & add theirs to the policy smile.png

Edited by mania

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I may have got this wrong...but I thought it was the vehicle that was insured here, and not the driver/rider ???

That aside I do know I do get a good discount on my truck 1st class insurance by naming the drivers as

just my wife & I. I believe it is like 10% discount if I remember right. So it is possible to limit the coverage

that way to named drivers & get a better price than a blanket insure of the vehicle.

But they do remind you the truck will not be insured if I let anyone else drive

Yep, you're right, just asked the wife and yes you can name the drivers...but it is the vehicle that is insured not the driver/rider.

Hahah also makes me realize if I sell our truck the buyer better remove our names & add theirs to the policy smile.png

Good point LOL

On a side note...had to renew the tax/insurance on the PCX the other day...can't get class 1 for it now as it's over a year old??? Go figure blink.png

By the way honda bigwing guys dynoed a cbr500 with moriwaki pipe and get an extra 3 hp! 7 percent increase in performance. I m thinking of getting one next month. Looks like this.What do they sell for? Also is it a slip on or a full system?

They sell it for cbr500r and cb500f. sure it is ok for cbx500 too.

It is full system and it keeps the catalyzer. has an emission and sound approval certificate from thai office for easy greenbook registration.

38600 thb but 35000 th with 10 percent disount for bigwing members club. Pricy but i dont think so i can get a recognized brand less than 25 k anyway and time is short and bike is new. Makers need time to release something. I do not want to wait too long man. Besides, It is getting dangerous with mute stock pipe.

That is big money you could get a whole new bike for that money granted it would only be a Lifan though,but yeah morawaki have a similiar pipe for the CRT priced around 36k ,I'm not really sold on the looks of them from the pictures ,I would wait a while in a month or two I'm sure all the big names will have pipes out for this bike at better prices

By the way honda bigwing guys dynoed a cbr500 with moriwaki pipe and get an extra 3 hp! 7 percent increase in performance. I m thinking of getting one next month. Looks like this.What do they sell for? Also is it a slip on or a full system?

It is full system and it keeps the catalyzer. has an emission and sound approval certificate from thai office for easy greenbook registration.

38600 thb but 35000 th with 10 percent disount for bigwing members club. Pricy but i dont think so i can get a recognized brand less than 25 k anyway and time is short and bike is new. Makers need time to release something. I do not want to wait too long man. Besides, It is getting dangerous with mute stock pipe.

That is big money you could get a whole new bike for that money granted it would only be a Lifan though,but yeah morawaki have a similiar pipe for the CRT priced around 36k ,I'm not really sold on the looks of them from the pictures ,I would wait a while in a month or two I'm sure all the big names will have pipes out for this bike at better prices

tanin, so you want me to buy a lifan instead of a moriwaki pipe? hahahs. so, i might buy a platinum instead of cbr500?

I know time is the only medicine for some other brands to make a pipe but do not want to wait long time, life is short tanin and with every wait, i feel like it is slipping from my hands.

still, i will wait a month anyway as i am busy nowadays but definitely, i will get it installed before Songkran as i want to tour around Sakhon Nakhon - Isaan - and maybe Laos - , my favorite areas in Thailand away from farangbiggrin.png

Edited by loserlazer

Superb superior. It is strange though as bkk big wing guys told me dynoed cbr500 nets 43 hp hope it is 45 hp though.

I will check the dyno now.

Do you still have issues with the bike? I am sure you passed that stage.

Edited by loserlazer

Superb superior. It is strange though as bkk big wing guys told me dynoed cbr500 nets 43 hp hope it is 45 hp though. I will check the dyno now. Do you still have issues with the bike? I am sure you passed that stage.

45 horses is quite a good result for a 471cc twin; of course the amount of torque would be very interesting to know.

Bikes with 750 or even 883cc (Moto Guzzi and Harley come to mind) produce roughly the same hp results, but may have way more torque.

A 2hp difference between dyno readings is normal, there are so many factors involved when you measure at the rear wheel that even the same bike on the same dyno on a different day rarely gets the same result. No two bikes are the same. That's why most Europeans are interested in crank hp.

100 k km service and part charges including all. Total cost is 22k thb. Pretty good imo as they check valve clearance nearly for 7 - 8 times as well. Still i cannot get how come oil change intervals are 12k km. What do you think guys? How is it for kawasaki 650?

Anyway, i change my oil every 3k like today!

post-114750-13630927765915_thumb.jpg

Edited by loserlazer

100 k km service and part charges including all. Total cost is 22k thb. Pretty good imo as they check valve clearance nearly for 7 - 8 times as well. Still i cannot get how come oil change intervals are 12k km. What do you think guys? How is it for kawasaki 650? Anyway, i change my oil every 3k like today!

I had my service at around 1k, with syntethic oil. They told me my next service is at 6k. Now Iam at 3k think will go for service at around 4-5k for sure. It wont hurt

100 k km service and part charges including all. Total cost is 22k thb. Pretty good imo as they check valve clearance nearly for 7 - 8 times as well. Still i cannot get how come oil change intervals are 12k km. What do you think guys? How is it for kawasaki 650? Anyway, i change my oil every 3k like today!I had my service at around 1k, with syntethic oil. They told me my next service is at 6k. Now Iam at 3k think will go for service at around 4-5k for sure. It wont hurt

I have a cbr250r but it has the same service intervals. Take mine to the dealer every 6k for a service to keep the warranty and change the oil and filter myself every 3k.

Spark plugs are cheap!!!
The plugs for my 650 are 350baht each compared to the 85baht you'll pay.
But my air filter is nearly half the price you pay and i think the oil filter is around 100-150baht cheaper for mine.
Both bikes are pretty much the same in terms of running costs :)

Edited by karlos
  • Like 1

Spark plugs are cheap!!!

The plugs for my 650 are 350baht each compared to the 85baht you'll pay.

But my air filter is nearly half the price you pay and i think the oil filter is around 100-150baht cheaper for mine.

Both bikes are pretty much the same in terms of running costs :)

I love thailand carlos. 100k km of running costs with all workmanship for 22k thb:D

Including all engine work!

These cost a fortune back home man at least 4 times more!

What do you say for 12k km oil change intervals? How is it for ninja 650?

Edited by loserlazer

top speed of cbr500r. As i stated, it is around 190 kmh indicated and maybe a little more think can go up to 194 kmh as the guy is not fully redlining it.

smile.png

Not that it matters but, Dynos really have no actual relation to true road speed.

Anything you see on the speedo on a dyno is irrelevant as the bike is stationary.

So no wind resistance

That said I would not imagine it is too far off though in either direction.

What top speeds have you seen on yours in a relatively short continuous acceleration?

Meaning not getting to 6th & having to wait 15-20 seconds for it to build.

Like I mentioned with my 250 5th gets you to 150 quick enough but

in 6th getting over 160 takes a good 15 seconds

I have seen road videos of the 250 going from 160 to 170 taking another 12 seconds

but have not tried myself

Edited by mania

top speed of cbr500r. As i stated, it is around 190 kmh indicated and maybe a little more think can go up to 194 kmh as the guy is not fully redlining it.

smile.png

Not that it matters but, Dynos really have no actual relation to true road speed.

Anything you see on the speedo on a dyno is irrelevant as the bike is stationary.

So no wind resistance

What top speeds have you seen on yours in a relatively short continuous acceleration?

I have seen road videos of the 250 going from 160 to 170 taking another 12 seconds

I'm a fat bastard mine don't go over 150 biggrin.png

• Like 1

smile.png

So no wind resistance

i know it is a dyno test.

i was meaning theoretical speeds connected with the stock gears and sprockets of course not real world speeds.

I have seen 186 kmh on my trip back from Kaeng Krachan track this Sunday two up and i think it can go a little bit more. There was a little wind from the back thoughlaugh.png

On cbr500, it is easy to reach 170 kmh indicated but it takes a little bit more time to reach 180 ish kmhs

I just saw the 500 cc lineup & was really disapointed that Honda or any of the competitors can't grow some balls & put an inline 4 in any of there bikes here. One step forward 3 steps back .........Maybe in 20 years or so Thailand will get modernized. The bike looks OK but why bother producing the same 2 cylinder bikes all the time...Just sayin!

^^ There is almost no market at present. I guess you could say they are building the market.

They still have inline 4's in the U.S. & Japan. Still a market seems like only asia is stuck on 2 cyl motors. U.S. & Japan still are pitching every 2-4 or 6 cyl. configuration.

I think they don't want to spend the time to teach the techs how to really adjust the valves.

Transferred some of the bikers parts to my cbr500 from my cbr250 last night. it is good that bikes are similar. Just front pegs did not fit. Just half a cm short unfortunately. Can get one hole drilled to fix it but do not trust the shops here. I m sure they screw it. Need to buy a new one now.

Also, waiting for a nice pipe and tailtidy now.

post-114750-13638693807999_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13638693948885_thumb.jpg

post-114750-1363869427066_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13638694429133_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13638694556124_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13638694788182_thumb.jpg

post-114750-1363869498552_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

^^ Nice.

But I ain't seen chicken strips that thick since, err, (add a KFC and black person joke here).

Only joking man. Oddly enough I've only seen one of these around BKK and I do around 50km p/d in the city. Compared to around 10-15 different N250's. huh.png

Edited by Almera

^^ Nice.

But I ain't seen chicken strips that thick since, err, (add a KFC and black person joke here).

Only joking man. Oddly enough I've only seen one of these around BKK and I do around 50km p/d in the city. Compared to around 10-15 different N250's.

Then check that too almera:D

And it is not a joke!

post-114750-13638710255776_thumb.jpg

Edited by loserlazer