Cha Am Back Country ?

swissie

Must confess: Haven't been to Cha Am for 8 years. Looking for a second domicile in Thailand, a bit closer to the sea than I am now. But not AT the sea with all the hustle and bustle that comes with the " tourist-industry".

So basically: Any sort of way to stay 5 to 10 Km "inland" and finding some long term room-rentals at reasonable prices? Yes, I can live among Thais, if it comes to that. (The idea is: If I have the desire to hit the beach and the "hustle and bustle", it should be within a reasonable driving distance.) Anyone ?

Thanks & cheers.

There are many houses for rent 3-5 km from the beach of Cha-am, sport village is a townhouse project about 2 km from the beach, with a nice swimming pool, close to Petckasem highway.

Accros Cha-am hospital are many houses for rent or sale,

Tropicana very nice area 4-5 km from the beach, single houses in a compound, with swimming pool etc.

If you take the Hup Ka Pong Road 3203 for 1.9 Kms and turn left into Ban Nong Yao there are a few Farangs living around this area and a few rental houses are available.

Nice area, mountain views, cheap beer and one or two restaurants that have Farang connections.Otherwise very countryside feel,quiet and peaceful.

If you take the Hup Ka Pong Road 3203 for 1.9 Kms and turn left into Ban Nong Yao there are a few Farangs living around this area and a few rental houses are available.

Nice area, mountain views, cheap beer and one or two restaurants that have Farang connections.Otherwise very countryside feel,quiet and peaceful.

Sounds good. Will be in the aerea in mid-october to look around. Thanks.