Local Flood

karlos

Popped out to my local market close to Lad Krabang this evening, after a few twists and turns and a couple of wet sois i was confronted with this.....

I was determined to get my favorite 'Muu Tord and Kao nee aow' but 50M after this video ended the water was up to my knee and my girlfriend was nagging me to turn around.

There were a few devastated people standing outside their homes, of which were at street level sad.png

Edited by karlos

nope, it has not flooded like this for at least 4 years.

Strange, maybe all those changes they made last year has changed the game. I would have expected that it would have flooded last year then too.

Is it a rainwater flood or klongs or rivers ?

It always floods in our soi if it rains heavily. The storm drain(s)cannot cope. I would go as far as to say flooding after/during heavy rains in parts of bangkok is the norm, not the exception.

I am sadden by the fact that all Karlos' posts will now be accompanied by youtube clip of junk from his new camera. whistling.gif

It always floods in our soi if it rains heavily. The storm drain(s)cannot cope. I would go as far as to say flooding after/during heavy rains in parts of bangkok is the norm, not the exception.

Same in my area. Ground water is just 20cm below average street level. Heavy rain has nowhere to go if the drains are full. I guess this will get worser in future as more and more space is getting covered with concrete and tarmac. There is no soil anymore that could sponge the rain water. So even short heavy rains will flood streets, at least for a short while.

We live quite close by and its still flooded where my house is. My kitchen was a couple of cm deep, garden and driveway about 10 cm deep. Luckily there is a step up to my living room, dining room and garage but it was very close to coming in.

Looking at the drains over the past few days the water level has been only 1 or 2 cm below the road level sad.png

I am sadden by the fact that all Karlos' posts will now be accompanied by youtube clip of junk from his new camera. whistling.gif

Lol it was taken on my mobile :D

I just wanted to show you all how determined i was to get my dam muu tord and kao nee aow :D

Don't worry, this should be the only piece of junk from me this year, unless i'm stopped from getting my Marmite supplies next time...... Grrrr ;)

There was a deal on Marmite at Villa 159 or something similar baht for a big jar. Discussion then ensued Marmite vs. the V-word.

V-word......Don't go there!!! :D

Right now i have a 600g tub of Marmite, which should keep me tied over until Christmas.

I didn't even know you could get such a size until my friend gave it to me. :D

good moo tod and kao niew is a very powerful thing, gai tod hat yai is my weakness...there is no end to the things i will do for it.

Yep & can I add nam prig nuum น้ำพริกหนุ่ม & sai Uua ไส้อั่ว to that list too thumbsup.gif mmmmm

Thanks for the vid Karlos

Edited by mania
  • Like 1