Five Dead, Dozens Wounded In Thai South Car Bomb

webfact

why are islamic fudamentalists around the world so intent on killing innocent people in some cases their own . do they believe that these terrorist acts will bring more believers to their cause because if this is the case they are very badly mistaken . these people need to be hung,drawn and quartered like the old days (my opinion ) .

Edited by keith101

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know what I'm missing here but why doesn't the central gov't send down the army in full force and institute a type of marshall law until things get thoroughly cleaned up...or don't they have that desire and/or manpower?

There is martial law as you term it in effect. The area is inundated with security forces. These terrorists can do as they please because they are supported by locals. All the military in the world can not stop car bombs.

These car bombs are a new development, or at least new as it wasn't the weapon of choice 5 years ago or even two. I have a bad feeling that sooner rather than later we will see human bombs and that the terror attacks will spread to other regions.

• Like 1

It has little to do with religion,In my opinion, this conflict is fuelled by Malaysian elements that would like to get their hands on the natural resources (rubber etc), the three provinces are wealthy compared to most of Thailand,in fact, most of my Thai colleagues here own rubber and palm plantations.

Edited by chinook

Most parties in Thailand and the world recognise that what is happening in the south of Thailand is a political and social problem more than a religious issue.

Please try and keep the religious hate crap out of this.

Rubbish. Chopping folk up, killing kids is political w00t.gif , not religious. Soooooooo pray tell me why the killing

''For Political Purposes'' is not happening elsewhere other than where Muslims are involved.

Norway last year, Northern Ireland, Basque Region of Spain, Mexico, Colombia... the list is endless.

• Like 1

These terrorist should be capture dead or alive.

If they hind in the jungle, blanket bombing will force them out into the open.

Where are all the US Marines when you need them?

Really, carpet bombing of civilian areas and of course would require attacking Malaysian sovereign territory; not a good idea.

Edited by simple1

You sir wouldn't pass basic training. Your lack of war history and tactics is astounding.

Lets carpet bomb em they say... it'll be easy to win victory in Vietnam they say. You sir have been watching far to many movies.

Edited by Sayonarax

So a bomb goes off and people are dead.

Who did it?

Answer: some people.

Who was behind it?

Answer: some people.

Do we know for sure who did it?

Answer: Emphatic NO!

Situations like this are extremely easy for opportunists to use espionage and disinformation to get the kind of knee-jerk reactions from ignorant minds that are easily manipulated, hence generating a movement of hate towards a demographic of innocents who have no involvement in this.

If we take the incident of 2010 and the chaos and lies of the "men in black" and apply it here, I am quite sure it is plausible that the Thai government and political factions do not limit their clever behaviors and coverups to the city of rallies and demonstrations alone.

It would be just as easy for one or the other to have planted that bomb, and the geographic location of this incident should not singularly be the defining evidence that precludes certainty.

Edited by cup-O-coffee

I am afraid that we have to take part in a new daily Thai peepshow soon, in which a local imam will explain on TV that Muslims and especiallyThai muslims are very peaceful people, but that it is unfortunate that Muslims have a very think skin and find it perfectly fine to kill, maim and torture and attack places where people of other religions come together. We will all conclude in the end that Islam is a backward religion in which violence against innocent people is very much accepted.Round up the old bastards behind the children setting off bombs.

It is about time that they close mosques on Friday and close down islamic schools for the foreseeable future. It is time too to purge the entire top of the incompetent Thai army from the top generals to the officers.

I'm not gonna go on a long rant about this latest incident

save to say RIP to the deceased and a speedy recovery

for the victims. Then there's my bit about the "authorities"

quickly catching the perps...which most likely wont happen

any time in the forseeable future...so what's next?

Religion of Peace...I'm beginning to think otherwise...

Screw it...it's Saturday...I'm off for a few beers and

we'll see what happens on Monday. ermm.gif

Edited by sunshine51

I suggest some of the posters on this forum go and visit the South, you might be surprised to find very warm, peace loving people, and yes, they are muslim. Most of my colleagues and students are muslim, they are sweet people not to be tarred with the same brush( that might be used for the Taliban etc ) that many ignorant posters on this forum seem to enjoy waving around. Please try to understand that the insurgents in the south are terrorising eveybody, muslims and buddhists, and that they are not using a religous platform to justify their actions. I appeal to the mods on this forum to stay on top of the posts....they're getting out of hand. Thank you.

Edited by chinook
  • Like 2

When I first came to Asia, it was hardly possible to travel by land from Penang to Kota Bharu, only in convoy

with army protection, although it was "fairly safe" to travel all the lenght from Satun to Sungai Kolok.

At the time it was said that it was communists who are responsible for the troubble in Malaisya. Then it was

the Maoists (could be the other way round though, it's a long time ago and memory, well ....) Anyway, after

them came the fundamentalists, the seperatists, insurgents, muslims (same as above, not in specific order)

I just call'em a bunch of criminals with some good funding from some big businesses doing what criminals do!

Today, Malaisya's border region is "fairly safe" whilst Thailand is not. Why

Edited by JoeLing

Wow. That is awful and horrible destruction. One powerful bomb. Need to get this reigned in before it starts spreading North. What's to stop that truck from being driven to say Bangkok and taking out some serious structure with a lot if people. Might be good to get assistance on this one if it gets much worse.

I don't see how people could continue to support when they could wind up in cross hairs or blast zone one day.

I suggest some of the posters on this forum go and visit the South, you might be surprised to find very warm, peace loving people, and yes, they are muslim. Most of my colleagues and students are muslim, they are sweet people not to be tarred with the same brush( that might be used for the Taliban etc ) that many ignorant posters on this forum seem to enjoy waving around. Please try to understand that the insurgents in the south are terrorising eveybody, muslims and buddhists, and that they are not using a religous platform to justify their actions. I appeal to the mods on this forum to stay on top of the posts....they're getting out of hand. Thank you.

+1

Condolences to the victims of the religion of peace
Why are so many people so terribly ignorant of the history of the region and the origins of the resurgence of the violent independence movement? It really is embarrassing if this is the level of knowledge from expats on their new chosen home.

As with just about everything, the situation in Thailand's South gets murkier the more one looks into it. The certitudes expressed by posters about the "peaceful religion" (which one are we referring to?) seem dubious to this reader. For a more nuanced view of things, the history of the place is essential. Those who do not know of the Kru Se Mosque incident (and the impunity enjoyed by Panlop) or the Tak Bai incident (for which no one has ever been held to account) should inform themselves before passing judgment. It seems odd to me that these are not mentioned in any of the posts above.

Not to get too wonky-headed, but for a couple of scholarly views of the situation, see the articles linked-to below. They are definitely not the official version. Readers will get something out of them, even if they disagree with the writer's take (or general academic wonkiness).

http://www.polis.lee...-intro-2009.pdf

The Thai security forces have committed the same transgression of which they accuse their adversaries: inserting religion into the ongoing violence. Far from being equated with peace, Buddhist monks and temples in the region are frequently synonymous with war. There are very few permanent military bases in the area; since the renewed violence, numerous temples have been turned into military and police camps, some accommodating scores of security personnel.

http://www.tandfonli...672710600556429

Thaksin sought to reorganize political and security arrangements in the deep South in order to gain personal control of the area, but in the process he upset a carefully negotiated social contract that had ensured relative peace for two decades.… This analysis seeks to demonstrate that the southern violence is actually inextricable from wider developments in Thailand’s national politics.

Edited by DeepInTheForest

Tongue in cheek? An attempt to stir the pot? Or just delusional?

1. The USA has no legal or moral right to become involved, nor would it want to be. It is already paying the financial and human cost for its adventures in Iraq and Afghanistan.

2. The last time the USa "blanket bombed" a jungle region, it left a legacy of human and environmental damage that is still present in Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. It has taken almost a generation before the Vietnamese and USA started to normalize relations. It was a mistake and one the USA thankfully will not repeat again any time soon.

3. These people are not hiding in the jungle but are living in the open. They are aided and supported by the local population. They may engage in intimidation, but they pull it off.

Condolences to the victims of the religion of peace
Why are so many people so terribly ignorant of the history of the region and the origins of the resurgence of the violent independence movement? It really is embarrassing if this is the level of knowledge from expats on their new chosen home.

As with just about everything, the situation in Thailand's South gets murkier the more one looks into it. The certitudes expressed by posters about the "peaceful religion" (which one are we referring to?) seem dubious to this reader. For a more nuanced view of things, the history of the place is essential. Those who do not know of the Kru Se Mosque incident (and the impunity enjoyed by Panlop) or the Tak Bai incident (for which no one has ever been held to account) should inform themselves before passing judgment. It seems odd to me that these are not mentioned in any of the posts above.

Not to get too wonky-headed, but for a couple of scholarly views of the situation, see the articles linked-to below. They are definitely not the official version. Readers will get something out of them, even if they disagree with the writer's take (or general academic wonkiness).

http://www.polis.lee...-intro-2009.pdf

The Thai security forces have committed the same transgression of which they accuse their adversaries: inserting religion into the ongoing violence. Far from being equated with peace, Buddhist monks and temples in the region are frequently synonymous with war. There are very few permanent military bases in the area; since the renewed violence, numerous temples have been turned into military and police camps, some accommodating scores of security personnel.

http://www.tandfonli...672710600556429

Thaksin sought to reorganize political and security arrangements in the deep South in order to gain personal control of the area, but in the process he upset a carefully negotiated social contract that had ensured relative peace for two decades.… This analysis seeks to demonstrate that the southern violence is actually inextricable from wider developments in Thailand’s national politics.

In what context are you quoting my post? I did not mention a 'peceful religion'.

Why are so many people so terribly ignorant of the history of the region and the origins of the resurgence of the violent independence movement?

It really is embarrassing if this is the level of knowledge from expats on their new chosen home.

How many years of history do I have to study (stupid farang that I am) to see that killing of children, innocent bystanders, monks, teachers...simply HUMANS...is wrong and leads nowehere but into utter chaos and more deaths, sir?

US Gov/MOD offered counter-insurgency training to Thai Army a few months ago.