British Expat Killers Paid By Thai Wife

webfact

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thai women are known for this around the world. Same as the philippines.

No they're not.

Sorry you're living in fairyland, unfortunately they are known for this. It's a pity because I know of many happy and genuine Thai / Farang marriages but they are known for knocking off their old farang husbands for their money.

Wow nothing new going on here old guy takes woman half his age complete different education ,hobbies and interests and finds out the hard way it's all about money

Please tell me something I don't know

OK! You don't know that the same thing can happen to a Young Guy with money.

Please show me some news reports of that ? I have only ever seen reports of older guys getting bumped off by their lots younger wives.

If a girl has a young guy with money it will be double status, because he does not look like her grandfather and has money. No need to bump him off.

No need to "bump him off" then,just take the younger Guys Bar,House,and Pickup! I suppose that doesn't happen to a Young handsome Guy either?

Edited by MAJIC

dont make it easy for them,dont go and live in their village dont make a will in her name, have car and any assets possible in your name, dont have life inssurance for them to claim, not saying anything will happen but it keeps temptation out of their minds.

If you are married to a Thai woman and you love each other, then why wouldn't you make a will with them as a beneficiary. It would be stupid and paranoid not to. If you have so little trust in your wife that you have to act in such a paranoid way then you shouldn't have got married in the first place. In fact it is better that you stay in your own country if you're so paranoid about Thailand. Instance like this are rare. They also happen in UK and USA.

How long have you been here. ?

+1 my friend my thoughts exactly...

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

You're not thinking with a Thai mind. It's not just the Thai woman and what she wants it's what her family wants. You're kidding yourself if you think you'll every be anything better than as equally important to her as her family. Pressure from the family to bleed the Farang for as much as is possible can be extreme and difficult to resist because of their sense of duty and loyalty to family.

Set up a trust which is administered by your family and if you die under suspicious circumstances then your family has the power to see that they get nothing. Things are always great in a relationship until they aren't. The advice to have nothing in your wife's name is sound and something that you should also do in your home country. How many of us have seen our wealth walk out the door in the hands of a woman who did nothing to accumulate it. Prenuptial agreements and a sensible will are as essential to your health in Thailand as wearing a condom.

• Like 2

Wow nothing new going on here old guy takes woman half his age complete different education ,hobbies and interests and finds out the hard way it's all about money

Please show me some news reports of that ? I have only ever seen reports of older guys getting bumped off by their lots younger wives.

If a girl has a young guy with money it will be double status, because he does not look like her grandfather and has money. No need to bump him off.

No need to "bump him off" then,just take the younger Guys Bar,House,and Pickup! I suppose that doesn't happen to a Young handsome Guy either?

Not to the handsome young guys, might happen with average ones. But it surely happens more with the grandfather type.

Just be honest, you would not enjoy having sex with an older woman, why would a girl be any different. They have desires and likes too, there is a reason why there are so many male idols that woman love. Its true that guys are more visual then woman but that does not mean woman don't like handsome young guys.

• Like 2

Thai women are known for this around the world. Same as the philippines.

No they're not.

Sorry you're living in fairyland, unfortunately they are known for this. It's a pity because I know of many happy and genuine Thai / Farang marriages but they are known for knocking off their old farang husbands for their money.

100% right about that one in all truth best advice to anybody stay single and if you really need you know what go short time problem solved..coffee1.gif

I've known my wife nearly 20 years, married for 9, 2 kids. She's from a poor rural village. We're about the same age and met in a bar.

I was a broke backpacker when I met her and even for the last 8 years we've never been able to save anything - just cover expenses for quite a comfortable lifestyle.

Someone in my family died and now I'm in line for a fairly hefty inheritance. I love my wife and think she loves me. We haven't had a row (ie where shouting ensues) for years.

On a scale of 1 to 10 (halves are allowed), what are the chances of me being violently put down in a mafia-style hit?

Edited by 15Peter20

I've known my wife nearly 20 years, married for 9, 2 kids. She's from a poor rural village. We're about the same age and met in a bar.

I was a broke backpacker when I met her and even for the last 8 years we've never been able to save anything - just cover expenses for quite a comfortable lifestyle.

Someone in my family died and now I'm in line for a fairly hefty inheritance. I love my wife and think she loves me. We haven't had a row (ie where shouting ensues) for years.

On a scale of 1 to 10 (halves are allowed), what are the chances of me being violently put down in a mafia-style hit?

Better to ask her.

I'm very handsome for 30 so i get told all the time when i go out drinking by the girls but i'm sick and tired of it i'm also in an relationship for five years now what's becoming built on lies these days and hey this woman a normal Thai person not a bar girl what so ever i think its hard these days to have a meaningful relationship with any type of Thai girl these days just saying from my experience from being here now for ten years .. Some days i wish i never came to Thailand on a holiday because it's become crazy over here these days in all truth .. They only people i never see in the news are the gay people seems they are the only people who enjoy it here these days just taking from what i've seen that's all ...

• Like 1

Just be honest, you would not enjoy having sex with an older woman, why would a girl be any different. They have desires and likes too, there is a reason why there are so many male idols that woman love. Its true that guys are more visual then woman but that does not mean woman don't like handsome young guys.

If the money was right, I could have sex with someone I didn't fancy, and didn't like.

Enjoyment doesn't enter the equation, most many people don't enjoy their job.

You are under the delusion because you are young (and handsome) it can't happen to you.

But don't worry fantasies are fun, until reality hits.

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

There is something not quite right with this story. It seems that the guy was unhappy with his marriage, yet took out a GBP200K life insurance policy with his wife as beneficiary. Why would he do that? And why for such a huge amount of money? The monthly installments must have been huge to have that much life cover at that age. All very odd.

Better to ask her.

If only the poor guy that got killed had thought of doing that...

Typical scenario in Thailand - old man means young, extremely poor, uneducated bar girl. Things go wrong. He wonders way. But the answer is obvious.

And that answer is, he forgot to keep control of his assets.

Which is the same answer for any rich man/poor girl or rich man/young girl combination in any country in the world.

And to avoid the accusation of being sexist, it also applies to rich women/young man combination.

When you are wealthy (relatively speaking) and you are in a paid relationship, keep a tight hold of the money.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

If the money was right, I could have sex with someone I didn't fancy, and didn't like.

Enjoyment doesn't enter the equation, most many people don't enjoy their job.

You are under the delusion because you are young (and handsome) it can't happen to you.

But don't worry fantasies are fun, until reality hits.

Ageed!

I tried to reply to Robblok,that I know a handsome young man,who has at the age of 34,already lost 2 Bars and a House to 3 different Ladies.and many other cases I could quote, So much for Young and Handsome Guys,not being at risk eh?

Well this guy is safe enough,he's broke!

• Like 1

Better to ask her.

Divorces are notoriously complicated and unreliable in terms of divvying up assets in Thailand, and women often believe they wont get their share.

Throw in a lot of unsophisticated and devious thinking and what starts as a crazy idea comes to fruition like this story. Protect yourself financially and make it clear that as much as u love her family, be sure that your direct family outweigh the importance of mum dad and all the others.

Men in Thailand are meant to be respected in their house and often times the wife is put under enormous pressure by the husband's mum to take care of him. We as farangs pitch up, no extended family and many get taken to the cleaner and treated in a way that no thai man would ever tolerate. Too many foreign men are too naive about the culture to even contemplate marrying yet they do.

For myself, am same age as missus having known her for 15 years. Not easy to find great ones, but I'd rather be alone than be with anything less than a great woman.

Sad, but a routine business in that part of the world. I lived not far from Baan Phai from 2001 to 2011. Sorry to say it, but it really is savage up there in parts and I do feel for all the nice normal people (including Thais) stuck in that situation.

To all of you blokes thinking of marrying and moving to Issan, really, just stop and think. Upcountry is not very safe.

My Isaan wife says, "Do they know that sometimes Farang husbands treat their wives very badly? Still going to bars and seeing other ladies. I don't like this Thai Visa, why do they all hate Thailand? There are good and bad people everywhere."

I know a load of people who have lived there for many years, most happy, some not. The odd disaster but hardly routine. Large age gaps (I'm 19 years my wife's senior) and cultural differences mean these relationships can tend to start behind the 8 ball as expectations are so different. Some blokes come here and expect their much younger Thai wife to behave exactly the same as the spouse they bailed out on in the west, except be much prettier of course.

And before anyones asks, only married 3 years, so I supposedly still have the rose coloured glasses on. But I've lived in a 3rd world country for 20 years (PNG) and have seen many, many large age gap, cross cultural relationships. They aren't all bad and the overwhelming majority of blokes married to Thais are in good, mutually loving relationships.

I'm not for one second condoning or making excuses for the alleged murder in the OP, just going against the trend of this thread in that it is the rare exception, hardly the rule.

Casting general aspersions on Isaan people or Thais in general (though popular on TV) just isn't fair.

See my post #93, regarding general aspersions.

I'm very handsome for 30 so i get told all the time when i go out drinking by the girls but i'm sick and tired of it i'm also in an relationship for five years now what's becoming built on lies these days and hey this woman a normal Thai person not a bar girl what so ever i think its hard these days to have a meaningful relationship with any type of Thai girl these days just saying from my experience from being here now for ten years .. Some days i wish i never came to Thailand on a holiday because it's become crazy over here these days in all truth .. They only people i never see in the news are the gay people seems they are the only people who enjoy it here these days just taking from what i've seen that's all ...

....... ,,,,,,,,,,,,, ;;;;;;; '''' Please feel free to use a few of these punctuation marks to rewrite you story, so it becomes readable.

Keep the remaining ones for your next post.

• Like 1

Better to ask her.

Divorces are notoriously complicated and unreliable in terms of divvying up assets in Thailand, and women often believe they wont get their share.

Throw in a lot of unsophisticated and devious thinking and what starts as a crazy idea comes to fruition like this story. Protect yourself financially and make it clear that as much as u love her family, be sure that your direct family outweigh the importance of mum dad and all the others.

Men in Thailand are meant to be respected in their house and often times the wife is put under enormous pressure by the husband's mum to take care of him. We as farangs pitch up, no extended family and many get taken to the cleaner and treated in a way that no thai man would ever tolerate. Too many foreign men are too naive about the culture to even contemplate marrying yet they do.

For myself, am same age as missus having known her for 15 years. Not easy to find great ones, but I'd rather be alone than be with anything less than a great woman.

Sounds like you got a nice woman. Both my missus' parents are long gone from this world so that isn't an issue. I kind of agree about rather being alone than with a questionable girl, but being alone is a scary thing for many people and the fear of being alone creates loads of distinctly dodgy relationships. If only people could tolerate their own company a bit more they wouldn't need to rush into these things.

Sure there's a bigger risk when the man is much older than the Thai girl,however I've known of many instances were the young good looking guy has been rolled over by their same age G/f,wife,in fact in more instances then older blokes with their G/ f's.

I personally know of three farang/Thai marriages were the husband's are more than 30yrs

Older than their wives,two of the couples have been together for over10 yrs , one couple have 3 children

Another 2 children,all 3 marriages seem to be very happy. I would add here that two of the wives are amongst the most beautiful Thai girls in the district.What they all have in common is none of the wives was a B/g, not that,that is a guarantee for a good relationship, Yes I know some marriages to b/g are also successful, but it does increase the chances of having a good relationship.

Funny old world ain't it.

• Like 2

A longish observation.......

The saddest thing of all for me with these never ending stories of farang problems, not only in relation to this tragic thread / topic, but several others.

Time and time again something disturbing, repetative and untoward happens, has done for many more years than my 20 out here and yet there is, seemingly, no real committment by the Thai authorities to make any genuine effort ( if at all ) to stop it.

Farang come here and commit themselves to Thai and most expecially ALL those with families want nothing more than fair treatment and encouragement to have a decent quality of life.

Re Farang :-

It is not right for people to keep spouting out the meaningless crap about it being our choice, if you do not like it go back were you came from ect. ect. ect.

Re the Thai Authorities ;-

When visitors come to Thailand and commit themselves to staying here lond term and provide their chosen partners with a quality life, are willing to invest their hard earned funds in their families.

Many taking on children fathered by Thai who have abandoned them and left their families destitute.

They have in my opinion EARNED the right to EXPECT genuine support from the authorities and legislation that protects them from these sort of incidents, or at the very least geniune assistance and support and most certainly " not kicked in the teeth and hung out to dry "

Tourist also come to Thailand with expectations of a good vacation and all the TAT publishes on how enjoyable and safe it is here.

Reassuring them they will be well looked after by their hosts and can relax / enjoy their holidays without any major problems ( of course there are always problems but these should only be minor ones ) in the knowledge we are here to serve you.

Both the above groups of visitors should IMHO be able to count on and expect to receive reasonable support while they are here, and reassurance that they can move about in safety and meaningful assistance relating to different situations and especially law.

Instead we are consistantly fobbed off by the very authorities who encourage us to come here, do not get assistance when problems of many differing kinds occur, and in many cases provided with insulting phoney lip service.

Worst of all no meaningful lessons are taken onboard and nothing of substance is put in place to help prevent future repetions taking place.

We also know it never will happen unless there is a complete change of mindset, implementation of the law and seriously applied accountability.

Offenders usually pay fees / bribes to escape there wrongdoings and carry on in the certain knowledge they just do the same again next, next, next, time ect.ect.

Surely we are not expecting to much nor being unreasonable when turning to our hosts / the authorities when looking to them for meaningful assistance, support and advice.

If they are not committed to doing this then may I humbly suggest they rewrite the magazines and holiday brochures, print the true facts they could encounter.

Complimented with graphic colourful photos and add a prominent warning on the front page informing visitors ect. ect. " they can reasonably expect to be robbed, cheated, should not / cannot expect more than the minimum of assistance from authorities and in the main must sort any problems out themselves."

Perhaps also a heading in big red letters that state " you come here at your own risk and are responsible for your own safety and wellbeing " ect. ect. on the back page.

I won,t even start a section on the comittment of the embassies, especialy mine for UK citizens.

Ah yes I hear the usual diatribe loud and clear, " we should be aware of this when we come here, accept it or not bother visiting ", rather than to reasonable expect a certain amount of support ect. ect.

What a load of <deleted> that pathetic cleshay is.

marshbags

As a young man I was raised to always be responsible for my actions, to earn my own way, to believe in myself, to treat everyone the way I wanted to be treated and to watch what was going on around me because "there are a lot of <deleted> out there that will screw me over in a New York second" if I am stupid enough to believe I live in Disneyland! Life ain't no fairytale. Keep your eyes open and make informed decisions.

I am truly sorry that this happened and I can only hope that this greed is repaid with an equal amount of retribution in this life or (maybe) the next. It remains a fact that there are and always will be a sh*tload of as*holes out there. Good idea to use the brains we were all born with to learn from these situations.

Oh Yeah, I was also taught, Life does not OWE me anything. If I want to be taken care of, I BETTER DO IT MYSELF.

Edited by Dap

As a life-long bachelor I still have all of my own money, and no one has (yet) shot at me—though I do have two sisters-in-law. Marriage! Who needs it? A recipe for financial and personal disaster.

You sound like a disciple of Samuel Johnson who said a long time ago:

"A man's life is incomplete until he marries. And then it's finished."

• Like 1

Murdered for a miserable $19,513.71or the price of a run of the mill production car.

It's sad to think what some people will do for money,and the cheapness of a human life.

I predict that the police will end up with the lion's share, and the culprits will eventually walk.

I doubt that they will walk anytime soon. If it was about the police getting the lion's share they would not have arrested her/them in the first place.

RIP Stephen Philips we hardly new you!

dont make it easy for them,dont go and live in their village dont make a will in her name, have car and any assets possible in your name, dont have life inssurance for them to claim, not saying anything will happen but it keeps temptation out of their minds.

if

i know its better to be safe than sorry, but if you feel you have to take these precautions then ....DONT MARRY THEM <deleted> !

• Like 1