Can My Thai Wife "inherit" Uk State Pension When I Croke?

I am almost sure that she will get nothing as a foreign wife. Indeed, a mate of mine in Thailand is close to passing, lives riggght out in the boonies on the Burmese border and when he goes they have no intention of informing the authorities so the pension keeps getting paid into his account and she keeps the ATM.

Good planning skills though.

Yea! nice honest people,commit Fraud,rob another Country,that owes them nothing. I'm sure they will be proud of themselves.

Are the UK Government honest people? Will they be proud of themselves? Don't they commit fraud with people on State pensions by not giving them their annual increases? Have they not been plundering and robbing other countries for centuries? How do you think the Queen is the richest woman in the world? Where do you think most of the Queens riches came from? Do you know that the UK ruled over two thirds of the world only 100 years ago? So who is the real thieves?
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am almost sure that she will get nothing as a foreign wife. Indeed, a mate of mine in Thailand is close to passing, lives riggght out in the boonies on the Burmese border and when he goes they have no intention of informing the authorities so the pension keeps getting paid into his account and she keeps the ATM.

Yea! nice honest people,commit Fraud,rob another Country,that owes them nothing. I'm sure they will be proud of themselves.

I dont believe there is a provision to be 'proud' when one lives in abstract poverty; though I could be wrong.

I have no idea what you mean by "abstract poverty." Please clarify.

Your mates wife is right, as I am always saying, get what you can from the UK Government, all they do anyway is give the taxpayers money to MPs "expenses", overseas aid, giving to emigrants, and steal from OAPs living abroad by not allowing the annual increases.

I was in the tube last week and going through Piccadilly, my mate pointed out that we were the only people in the carriage speaking English. I think my mates wife, after so many long years of marriage, that the plethora of Poles who work on the black, pay a bit of NI and tax and then claim all the befitting and get the pension.

The law, sometimes, is an Ass.

I dont believe there is a provision to be 'proud' when one lives in abstract poverty; though I could be wrong.

I have no idea what you mean by "abstract poverty." Please clarify.

That you have 'no idea' is understandable.

Poverty is often presented as an evolving concept. However, changes in the meaning of specific topics comprising definitions of poverty have been largely overlooked. You should adopt a synchronic approach to evaluate the 159 definitions of poverty offered over a 30-year period from 1970s to 2000s. Ensure that component terms are investigated for their stability in meaning, through the application of De Saussure’s concepts of signifier and signified. The results will likely illustrate that terms often do not share the same signifier and, therefore,are accorded different meanings. In this manner, you may be able to argue that poverty is a highly contested concept and thus deliver your rebuke.

Edited by DonW

Are the UK Government honest people? Will they be proud of themselves? Don't they commit fraud with people on State pensions by not giving them their annual increases? Have they not been plundering and robbing other countries for centuries? How do you think the Queen is the richest woman in the world? Where do you think most of the Queens riches came from? Do you know that the UK ruled over two thirds of the world only 100 years ago? So who is the real thieves?

Your argument contains more holes than a Colander,and I really don't have the time or the inclination to answer.

Hi

As the rules stand at the present if you are married in the eyes of the UK government she will get a state pension, based on your contributions, when she reaches state pension age,

Your wife will also on your death be entitled to bereavement payment (a one off lump sum of £2000) and bereavement allowance if she is over 45 ( a taxable weekly benefit. It is paid for up to 52 weeks from the date of your death, ranges from £32 at age 45 to £106 at age 55+)

see here bereavement payment - http://www.direct.go...ved/DG_10018703

and bereavement allowance here - http://www.direct.go...ved/DG_10018684

claim form, national insurance number will be issued as part of the claim here - http://www.dwp.gov.u...s/bb1_print.pdf

there are separate rules if there are any young children.

it may be useful to fill in the form bb1 as far as possible and leave it with any legal docs, etc.

sorry billd766 missed your attachement

Steve 187 has got it right as far as he goes.

Your wife will be able to claim bereavement benefits and her own state pension once she reaches pensionable age as the rules stand today. However it is quite likely that the rules will change over the next 5/10 years, and not only will your wife not be eligible to your pension, but maybe all us Brits will not receive a penny unless we are actually living in the UK

Also Rubba Johnny note that currently upon your demise, should your wife have a child under 20 and still at school (need not be fathered by you) she can also claim Widowed Parents Allowance.

Your argument contains more holes than a Colander,and I really don't have the time or the inclination to answer.

Yet by writing this post, you have answered.

Anyway..................

. I think my mates wife, after so many long years of marriage, that the plethora of Poles who work on the black, pay a bit of NI and tax and then claim all the befitting and get the pension.

This doesn't make sense; is English your first language? Are you saying that your mate's wife is a Pole who works on the black? What does "claim all the befitting" mean?

Most EEA nationals living in the UK are here perfectly legally, work legally and pay the required amount of NIC and tax.

Lots of Brits work cash in hand whilst claiming benefits; but were you to acknowledge that it would spoil your argument.

. I think my mates wife, after so many long years of marriage, that the plethora of Poles who work on the black, pay a bit of NI and tax and then claim all the befitting and get the pension.

This doesn't make sense; is English your first language? Are you saying that your mate's wife is a Pole who works on the black? What does "claim all the befitting" mean?

Most EEA nationals living in the UK are here perfectly legally, work legally and pay the required amount of NIC and tax.

Lots of Brits work cash in hand whilst claiming benefits; but were you to acknowledge that it would spoil your argument.

I will rewrite it. No, English is not my first language actually.

Agreed. That is absolutely despicable!

Dosen't it take about 4 or 5 young working people to support one state pension in terms of taxes?

There are folks back in the U.K. that can barely pay their heating bills because their pension is so low.

Why should this person's foreign wife continue to take young British taxpayers money, when she has never contributed to the system??

And people wonder why Europe is on the verge of financial collapse.

To many scammers and freeloaders!

No, English is not my first language actually.

I see, so you are an immigrant to the UK, your wife is an immigrant to the UK; yet you complain about other immigrants in the UK!

You do say here

I am 39 year old Brit
Curiosity makes me ask where you are from and when you were naturalised?

Of course, your first language could be Welsh or Gaelic; but then your English would be at a better standard than the above were it so.

Edited by 7by7

Before folks get too upset at a Thai wife continuing to claim a dead husbands pension, be aware that it's a lot harder to do than most imagine. The husband would need to pass away some where quiet, away from a hospital where his death would be reported to the Embassy. Additionally, the pensions folks send out forms at least once a year which need to be signed and returned as a guard against what is being suggested here and those forms change periodically for obvious reasons. It is therefore very unlikely that a wife in that situation could continue to recieve payment much beyond one year at most.

I see, so you are an immigrant to the UK, your wife is an immigrant to the UK; yet you complain about other immigrants in the UK!

You do say here

I am 39 year old Brit
Curiosity makes me ask where you are from and when you were naturalised?

Of course, your first language could be Welsh or Gaelic; but then your English would be at a better standard than the above were it so.

I complaint about immigrants to the UK who do not pull their weight. I think that is a valid argument. Just as true Brits can complain about true Brits. Indeed, I wish more immigrant would complain about how other immigrants behave. I love the UK, perhaps more so than most.

I was naturalized in 1994, I am originally from Kurdistan. Whilst my English is far from perfect, it is OK I think. I do make mistakes in writing and get the wrong words sometimes but all in all, its pretty good. Hows your Thai 7by7? Id imagine you get lots of practice having had a Thai family since early 2000 and living between the UK and Thailand

Before folks get too upset at a Thai wife continuing to claim a dead husbands pension, be aware that it's a lot harder to do than most imagine. The husband would need to pass away some where quiet, away from a hospital where his death would be reported to the Embassy. Additionally, the pensions folks send out forms at least once a year which need to be signed and returned as a guard against what is being suggested here and those forms change periodically for obvious reasons. It is therefore very unlikely that a wife in that situation could continue to recieve payment much beyond one year at most.

Well, it seems he is mistaken and, according to the above, she can legally claim it.

Hi

As the rules stand at the present if you are married in the eyes of the UK government she will get a state pension, based on your contributions, when she reaches state pension age,

Your wife will also on your death be entitled to bereavement payment (a one off lump sum of £2000) and bereavement allowance if she is over 45 ( a taxable weekly benefit. It is paid for up to 52 weeks from the date of your death, ranges from £32 at age 45 to £106 at age 55+)

see here bereavement payment - http://www.direct.go...ved/DG_10018703

and bereavement allowance here - http://www.direct.go...ved/DG_10018684

claim form, national insurance number will be issued as part of the claim here - http://www.dwp.gov.u...s/bb1_print.pdf

there are separate rules if there are any young children.

it may be useful to fill in the form bb1 as far as possible and leave it with any legal docs, etc.

sorry billd766 missed your attachement

Steve 187 has got it right as far as he goes.

Your wife will be able to claim bereavement benefits and her own state pension once she reaches pensionable age as the rules stand today. However it is quite likely that the rules will change over the next 5/10 years, and not only will your wife not be eligible to your pension, but maybe all us Brits will not receive a penny unless we are actually living in the UK

Also Rubba Johnny note that currently upon your demise, should your wife have a child under 20 and still at school (need not be fathered by you) she can also claim Widowed Parents Allowance.

Divorce the wife and marry her mother or Grandmother. Keeps it in the family

Well, it seems he is mistaken and, according to the above, she can legally claim it.

I can't speak to the legality of that, I was just pointing out the impracticality of the illegal option.

Then why did you bother answering?

I complaint about immigrants to the UK who do not pull their weight.

Really? You complained about people on the Tube who spoke to each other in a language other than English!

Why do you assume that they don't pull their weight? Why is talking to each other in their native tongue so offensive to you? My wife speaks to her Thai friends in Thai; doesn't yours? What language do you use when you speak to other Kurds?

Why assume they are immigrants anyway? A tube going through Piccadilly; could easily have been tourists!

Your double standards are showing.

Hows my Thai? Not as good as it could be, but I'm working on it.

Edited by 7by7

There is no need to have a NI number for your wife in advance, In fact the authorities are unlikely to allocate one unless your wife is in the UK and has permission to work.

Upon death your widow will claim bereavement benefits, and after a lengthy process involving numerous translated documents, a NI number will be allocated to her to enable payments to be made.

Nothing to do now except make sure your wife knows that she can claim and knows who to ask for help.

Really? You complained about people on the Tube who spoke to each other in a language other than English!

Why do you assume that they don't pull their weight? Why is talking to each other in their native tongue so offensive to you? My wife speaks to her Thai friends in Thai; doesn't yours? What language do you use when you speak to other Kurds?

Why assume they are immigrants anyway? A tube going through Piccadilly; could easily have been tourists!

Yes, really. I have lived here for 17 years of course I should speak English, this is England. My point about the tube was to point out that only 2 passengers were speaking English and that London is, now, mainly full of foreigners not British people. I assume that a lot of immigrants do not pull their weight for the simple fact that many do not. Many come here and claim benefits and do not work. I think that is despicable and that they should respect England and the home it has given them. I assume they are immigrants as many were neither outwardly well -heeled to afford to visit London, some were dressed in work clothes (in particular a group of Egyptians discussing a cash job).

You talk of double standards yet at the same time you attack my poor English when you yourself openly admit that after perhaps 10 years you are unable to converse in the Language of your family or second home. That seems awfully tacky to me and seeped in double standards.

Perhaps you should show a little more respect to Thailand and learn the language, if not for your own gain that to demonstrate some affinity to your extended family.

Indeed, your double standards are starting to show.

This does not require a response nor will it receive one.

Edited by DonW

Where in this does it say non EU spouses may claim from abroad?

Your question has a fundamental fault. The correct question would be "Where does it say that non-EU spouses may not claim from abroad?" You see, unless specified otherwise, a spouse has the same right regardless of nationality and country of residence unless stated otherwise in the relevant laws and regulations.

Your mates wife is right, as I am always saying, get what you can from the UK Government, all they do anyway is give the taxpayers money to MPs "expenses", overseas aid, giving to emigrants, and steal from OAPs living abroad by not allowing the annual increases.

I was in the tube last week and going through Piccadilly, my mate pointed out that we were the only people in the carriage speaking English. I think my mates wife, after so many long years of marriage, that the plethora of Poles who work on the black, pay a bit of NI and tax and then claim all the befitting and get the pension.

The law, sometimes, is an Ass.

How right you are. Does your username mean you are a fan of Don Williams the country and western singer?

7x7 You really like to have a pop at people who complain about immigrants in the UK dont you, one of the things we still have left is free speech and they are entitled to their view.

I suspect the immgrants others are complaing about is the one who sponge of the country not the ones who have come fitted in and contributed to society. The number who are complained about, plus the home grown ones are not a large proportion of the population but are highlighted to seem so and it makes us all angry that some get so much when we cannot get our annual increases!

I some times am guilty of of only giving one side on the coin, that does not make me a racist as is often trotted out to all and sundry.

Am I an immgrant here? THats what my visa says so I am, the difference here is that the Thai Govt neither owes me or gives anything, in the UK that is not the case and many cases they even have more rights ( see what Eoropean Court of Human Rights have come up with last week ) All I ask of immigrants is to be grateful and fit in, dont expect or get more than me. I have to fit in here the same as everyone else.

My point about the tube was to point out that only 2 passengers were speaking English and that London is, now, mainly full of foreigners not British people.

If not visitors, then immigrants, like yourself and your wife. If they are here legally then they have as much right to be her as you and your wife do.

I assume that a lot of immigrants do not pull their weight for the simple fact that many do not.

You have evidence if this; or is it your prejudices that make you assume so?

Many come here and claim benefits and do not work.

As you must know from your and your wife's experiences, immigrants are banned from claiming nearly all public funds; except those that are based upon NIC contributions, until they have ILR.

I assume they are immigrants as many were neither outwardly well -heeled to afford to visit London,

When working in London I am often asked by tourists for directions. None of them are 'outwardly well-heeled' all are casually dressed.

some were dressed in work clothes (in particular a group of Egyptians discussing a cash job).

As you say they weren't speaking English one has to assume that, among your other accomplishments, you can understand Arabic.

You talk of double standards yet at the same time you attack my poor English

Where have I attacked your poor English. I asked if English was your first language.

when you yourself openly admit that after perhaps 10 years you are unable to converse in the Language of your family or second home............Perhaps you should show a little more respect to Thailand and learn the language

As already said, I am learning Thai. Thailand is not yet my second home, but by the time we do retire there I expect to be at a reasonable, understandable standard. How's your wife's Kurdish, btw?

This does not require a response nor will it receive one.

Well it did recieve one, though I know that I should really heed the advice DNFTT!

nong38,

I have nothing against freedom of speech and people expressing an opinion. But it works both ways. If someone expresses an opinion I disagree with then I have as much right to challenge that opinion as they have to express it.

Freedom of speech does not mean one can say what one likes, as long as you agree with it!

Edited by 7by7

And this question of debt - he paid his NIC stamps, should the nationality of chosen wife really have anything to do with it?

If she is his WIFE the act of fraud won't be necessary!

You're not alone RJ. Although my wife will get a pension from a former employer of mine, I have wondered if she would also be entitled to a UK widows pension.

By the way, I enjoyed Noon's post and photos from your area........tongue.png

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect App

There is no such thing as a Widows Pension anymore,it was abolished years ago!

There is such a pension named a war widows if you receive a War pension which i get..