That Flu!

khall64au

So many people I know (incl. me) here on Phuket and in Bangkok have caught a flu in recent months that really whacks you out and lingers for a few weeks.

Following that is another couple of weeks (so far) of real lethargy, achiness, stomach probs and general feeling of crap.

Has anyone else had this and what was the best remedy to shaking off these pesky bugs? :o

I just had one and had to take almost ten days off from work, a week's rest was not at all enough for this flu. Definitely one of the worst I caught in the past 5 years. My friend and my wife got it too but seems my colleagues in Ayutthaya office are unaffected. In the end I had to get to the clinic for antibiotics but after a week's work in the freezing office I am starting to feel like I have a relapse now... :o

Time? This has been a very bad year here in Bangkok. Must be all those tourists bringing there bugs with them. :o:D

I and my other half just got back from thailand after spent 3 weeks there over the X'mas. It's other way around. Man oh man we caught it from somebody after we're in Thailand for just a few days! First my husband had it for 1.5 wks. Then as we're leaving Thailand I caught it from some thai on the way back to USA, it was horrible on the the airplane for me. Then once we got back home a week later, my husband got the flu back from me again, and he's still having it. Hopefully it will go away soon. Almost every thais that we saw overthere were having the flu!

What kind of bug do you have in Thailand anyway, seems this time it's a strong one!

No medicine have worked for us so far. It's a wait and go away game for us! :D

Edited by BKK90210