Desk Top Warranties In Thailand.

jcw

Desk Top Warranties in Thailand.

I notice on one site that they mention " 3-year warranty with onsite service (Part/Labor/Onsite) by HP" Does anyone know if there are limits on the travel zone for the warranty?

Do they actually come on site if you are out of a city?

Some of my non IT warranties in Thailand have been a nightmare. Anyone have any input on this?

We have some DELL warranties and they have been great, they come out and fix ANY problem on site. We are within Bangkok (end of Suk) however but the warranty should cover it anywhere within Thailand.

So they would come with the speed boat to Koh Lipe if you stay there? (I have my doubts)

We have some DELL warranties and they have been great, they come out and fix ANY problem on site. We are within Bangkok (end of Suk) however but the warranty should cover it anywhere within Thailand.

So they would come with the speed boat to Koh Lipe if you stay there? (I have my doubts)

According to their warranty text, yes. Why don't you ask them.

in my experience of "warranties" in general, they usually refer you to someone else, who then has to send it off, and they tell you it will take about 3 months to do knowing dam_n well you wont wait that long. So, in my experience, dont even bother with a warranty, get it sorted yourself and keep that in mind when purchasing anything. There will in most cases be absolutely no real back-up.

Edited by CharlieH

in my experience of "warranties" in general, they usually refer you to someone else, who then has to send it off, and they tell you it will take about 3 months to do knowing dam_n well you wont wait that long. So, in my experience, dont even bother with a warranty, get it sorted yourself and keep that in mind when purchasing anything. There will in most cases be absolutely no real back-up.

Not the experiences we have had with DELL . . . incredible service.

Edited by Tatsujin
  • Like 1

With a custom desktop, most components have their own warranty. You are likely to get better service from the company you bought your computer from than if it is a name brand. Desktops are quite easy to service as compared with all the other proprietary gadgets.

Couldn't agree more...Well said.

Well, for those cynics out there that think warranties are a waste of money and that the service is terrible, I can only repeat that the DELL warranty is not at all like that. It doesn't cost a lot, they replace ANYTHING with no questions asked, they are quick to fix things and they arrived when they said they would. All for 5,000 baht.

Much depend on where and what you buy.

My HP desk-top was bought at a Aut. HP dealer in Pattaya so I am not concerned about warranty issues.

I never buy any major stuff at the small shops in Tuk.com as many of them comes and goes all the time.

Okay this is not computer related but I have Samsung vacuum cleaner and washing machine and the vacuum cleaner I was told have 2 year warranty on the motor and they changed it for free 1.5 years into it's life so that's fine. The washing machine had a small problem when I was overseas working

but they came to my house and fixed it for free.

Not the experiences we have had with DELL . . . incredible service.

Have to agree.

My UK-sourced XPS M1530 went on the blink a couple of times in Thailand and Dell sent qualified guys out with genuine parts on both occasions within a couple of days. No quibbles whatsoever.