Choosing A Tablet

canuckamuck

Last year, I bought an Aigo M802 which was the precursor of the M80 for my GF. It had an 8" screen and decent specs. She uses it primarily for email, music & video and a lot of games. It has been carried around a lot, used by kids and generally subjected to the normal abuses of an everyday tablet. So far, it has held up well. It was one of the early versions of Android 4.0 and I have never intentionally modified that though it may have upgraded it's own firmware along the way without my being aware. So far, it has continued to perform without any glitches and still seems as responsive as it was out of the box.

Sorry to read of your problems with the Onda V971. I've had a Onda Vi40 for about 8 months and it has been problem free.

Well I think for me the tablet story is finished.

If I want to buy a half decent tab i will have to travel to Bangkok, that means also travel 300km retour if there is a problem. The Onda costed me more in travel costs then the tab itself costed.

Here in Pattaya there is a Tuckom with 500 shops who all sell copy samsung and ipads.Not one who gets it in his had to sell something different from the 499 other shops.

Sriracha has also a Tuckom, and there you're able to buy copy Gpads. Yes you hear it right, copies from a Chines copy.

I could find Aigo today in Dtech shops, since Aigo Thailand is owned by Dtech, but they don't have the covers and who buys a tab without a cover.I did 3 shops between Sriracha and Pattaya.

8" covers are very rare, but I was able to find some shitty plastic ones that may last 2-3 weeks in Tuckom at 1100 Baht. No,thanks.

I could have bought the Aigo at one of those stalls on the floor in Panthip yesterday, but again that's a 300 km roundtrip if anything wrong, and I'm not gonna buy something from a stall that maybe or may not be there tomorrow.So I phoned Dtech Pattaya from there if they had stock, which they confirmed, but forgot to ask if they also had the covers.

It is clear that no Dtec shop has them as none of them was aware that they even existed.

I don't know about current models but the Aigo 802 had an optional leather style, very nicely fitting cover (stand style) with openings for all ports that has held up well. It was about B400 additional.

That's what I,ve been saying Dave.I saw the nice case in Bangkok and could have bought it seperately for 300 Baht at any of the Aigo stalls in Bangkok, but since I was confirmed that Pattaya had the tablet at the same price I decided to buy everything together in Pattaya.

Big mistake since no Dtech shop in the area has the case, I've been communicating for a few hours today already with the headoffice to locate a shop that has the case, but I will spare you from that story.

To get a case for my Onda V971 I had to order off Ebay from a China seller...$12.89 (free shipping)....just couldn't fine one in my part of Bangkok and Nakhon Pathom...I never checked places like Pantip as I semi-hate going to that part of central Bangkok. The Onda case took 40 days to arrive by Ebay slow boat and then the case rear camera hole didn't line up exactly right...so, I used a one baht coin as a circle/hole guide and used a razor blade to cut around the coin to make a larger camera hole. Although the V971 is basically the size of an IPad2, an IPad 2 case just didn't have the rear camera and speaker holes in the right places and covered some of the V971 controls on the bottom edge. Yeap, getting the right case for a low end tablet can be a little challenging sometimes.

I thought I had done all my research and decided on a galaxy tab 2, couldn't get one and got a galaxy note 10.1 instead. The stylus I thought I would never use is now used daily. I love this tablet, there is nothing I need to do that it can't handle.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I agree...it's definitely a nice tablet. The wife loves it and even lets me use it sometimes to ensure all the Apps are up to date and maybe load & setup a few more Apps....then I have to go back to using my Onda 971. laugh.png

• Like 1

To get a case for my Onda V971 I had to order off Ebay from a China seller...$12.89 (free shipping)....just couldn't fine one in my part of Bangkok and Nakhon Pathom...I never checked places like Pantip as I semi-hate going to that part of central Bangkok. The Onda case took 40 days to arrive by Ebay slow boat and then the case rear camera hole didn't line up exactly right...so, I used a one baht coin as a circle/hole guide and used a razor blade to cut around the coin to make a larger camera hole. Although the V971 is basically the size of an IPad2, an IPad 2 case just didn't have the rear camera and speaker holes in the right places and covered some of the V971 controls on the bottom edge. Yeap, getting the right case for a low end tablet can be a little challenging sometimes.

I have now been informed by Aigo Thailand that they will send the cases to shop in Tukcom Pattaya by monday.We will see if it is true or not, they also said they would email me a picture of the case this afternoon, but that email must have gonne lost somewhere in space smile.png

By the way, when I was in Panthip I asked at at least 50 shops that were selling cases but nobody had 8" cases. 7" and also 9" and of course they had Ipad ,minipad and whateveroverpricedpad cases as many as you wanted, but not a single 8" case except the ones at the Aigo stall.

Sometimes you really are pulling out your hairs when trying to understand their business sense.There are so many 8" tabs on the market but nobody get's it in his head to stock cases for them.

Also Dtech has 73 shops spread over Thailand which all sell the Aigo M80D, but they don't have the cases while at the headoffice the cases specially designed for this unit are rotting in the warehouse.

Either or for me. Was relatively productive with my 600-800 Baht phone and now am that much more so with my Ipad 2 and Samsung Galaxy (not even sure which model I have) tab and iPhone 4S (decided against the 5 originally... but using my wife's, it's not as lacking as I was expecting). What you really need to look at is if your 'work' fits the equipment or not. For rental and property management, well yeah, it's that much easier and 'visual' compared to the pad and paper + old school phone method.

:)

Here's a good description of the V972 Quad Core Retina Display around with some comparison with the iPad 4 throughout the article. Link.

This is not even a review but a very deliberate advertorial. How can you expect a fair comparison? Besides, apple displays are calibrated and provides 99 percent color fidelity. Those cheap chinese copies aren't.

Here's a good description of the V972 Quad Core Retina Display around with some comparison with the iPad 4 throughout the article. Link.

This is not even a review but a very deliberate advertorial. How can you expect a fair comparison? Besides, apple displays are calibrated and provides 99 percent color fidelity. Those cheap chinese copies aren't.

Correct....it's Onda description of its new tablet with some references to the Ipad 4 and Samsung Note 10.1. I would indeed expect the Ipad display to be a little better since a similarly equipped iPad 4 costs approx 3 times that of a Onda V972. Here's a Link that shows some side by side views of the Ipad 4 and V972 displays with different images being displayed. But trying to compare images while viewing it on your laptop/phone/tablet/IPad really don't tell a person a lot unless they trust the words in the review...a person needs to directly see the display while holding it in their hands.

Correct....it's Onda description of its new tablet with some references to the Ipad 4 and Samsung Note 10.1. I would indeed expect the Ipad display to be a little better since a similarly equipped iPad 4 costs approx 3 times that of a Onda V972. Here's a Link that shows some side by side views of the Ipad 4 and V972 displays with different images being displayed. But trying to compare images while viewing it on your laptop/phone/tablet/IPad really don't tell a person a lot unless they trust the words in the review...a person needs to directly see the display while holding it in their hands.

I'm thinking of buying the V972 in the next few weeks. Anyone got any updated prices? shops in Bkk which do a good deal?

This thread has been a great read.

I really want to try one of these new A31 quad retina 9.7" tablets. However Ainol has clearly an advantage with 10.000 mah battery (if it is real of course, simply because you can't trust chinese specs). Unfortunately I can't find it within Thailand, out of stock.

I can import it from chinese online dealers but why the hassle while you can buy it in Thailand almost same price?

I really want to try one of these new A31 quad retina 9.7" tablets. However Ainol has clearly an advantage with 10.000 mah battery (if it is real of course, simply because you can't trust chinese specs). Unfortunately I can't find it within Thailand, out of stock.

I can import it from chinese online dealers but why the hassle while you can buy it in Thailand almost same price?

Have you checked here if they have stock

http://www.digilifegadget.com/840504/tablet

Have you checked here if they have stock

http://www.digilifeg...m/840504/tablet

I got confirmed by Digilife that they have currently stock of all the tablets shown on their website.

You can order online or visit one of their branches, they have also a branch at 3rd floor Panthip.

I got confirmed by Digilife that they have currently stock of all the tablets shown on their website.

You can order online or visit one of their branches, they have also a branch at 3rd floor Panthip.

Wow the Onda V812 suits me very well smile.png

According to specs, it's got it all:

- 8" screen size, portable yet still usable;

- new-generation CPU Cortex A7 quad core, which is powerful yet low-consuming, and that means much since battery is going to last longer and temperature is going to be lower;

- 2GB RAM, very generous on a tablet;

- 5MP rear camera + autofocus, a pretty decent resolution so you can leave your camera home ( at daylight time );

Wednesday I will be in Bangkok and will check this tablet, for sure thumbsup.gif

Edited by SinghaJoe

It seems many of these cheap tablets have build quality issues and/or low grade batteries.

I'm tempted to get a i-mobile smart phone that I've seen with a massive screen at B7500, it's similar to a galaxy note, and whilst the casing and screen look decent enough... I wonder if the battery is likely to be a let down?

Just go for it. In our family we have an I-mobile Q2 duo. Q6 and a Q4 no problems at all. Also note that I-mobile carry stock of spare batteries @ 199 - 299b each.

For the money I'm very happy with mine.

Which phone are you looking at?

Edited by thaicbr

I feel I should comment that the Ainol Nova 7 Flame I purchased is doing well except for one fact. The camera is nothing like I expected. The deciding factor in getting the Flame that day was the fact that it came with a 5Mp rear camera. Well it does produce 5 million pixels, but it obviously is just interpolating the images. I expect in realty the camera is 1.3 or thereabouts. The 2Mp camera on my Galaxy pocket is twice as good as the Flame's 5Mp rear camera.

But other than that I am very happy with the Flame. I just wish I would have tested the camera in the store.

I am also very happy with the Samsung Galaxy pocket, but it's a phone and perhaps it should have its own thread.

Judging from the i-mobile website it was either the Q1 or Q6. Screen resolution on Q1 is 540x960 vs 720x1280 on a Galaxy III. Not too great. Batteries not too expensive. Thx for the info, mr moto.

Umm your comparing a budget phone to a high end phone costing twice as much. That's not reality. You should really be comparing to the 10-12k range of other brands .

If you can wait until the Mobile Expo at Queen Sirikit beginning of February. I-mobile may be releasing some new phones with HD screens about the 10k price range.

http://imobizone.com/review-i-mobile-iq6-2-sims-android-jelly-bean-dragontrail-glass/

Edited by thaicbr

I looked at an Ainol Novo 7 Venus in Chiang Mai last weekend and was impressed by the specs but none of the random selection of 720p video that I carry around with me on a microSD card would play without stuttering. It's half the price of the WiFi only Google Nexus 7 so seems like a bargain. I'm going to try and run Anututu and NenaMark on it next time I have a chance to go and see it again. It seems is has a Vivante GC1000 in it.

Here is a good link to tell you how to check the CPU being used as it seems is there is some question as to whether it really is an A9 and not an A5.

Has anybody got one of these?

cheers

damole

Edited by damole

I looked at an Ainol Novo 7 Venus in Chiang Mai last weekend and was impressed by the specs but none of the random selection of 720p video that I carry around with me on a microSD card would play without stuttering. It's half the price of the WiFi only Google Nexus 7 so seems like a bargain. I'm going to try and run Anututu and NenaMark on it next time I have a chance to go and see it again. It seems is has a Vivante GC1000 in it.

Here is a good link to tell you how to check the CPU being used as it seems is there is some question as to whether it really is an A9 and not an A5.

Has anybody got one of these?

cheers

damole

This are the specs for the Ainol Venus

Got the boy an Ainol Novo 10 Hero today. At the price of 5800 Baht including a really nice genuine leather folding book cover, not a bad deal I guess.

I hope this one is the last one as it is the third tablet in as many weeks.

First I bought the Onda v712 at Digilife Bangkok but, however it was very nice tablet, the battery would last only 2 hours 15 minutes in standby with the screen on only.

The dealer admitted that the battery was a little small ( 3000 mAh ) and that Android 4.1 consumes significantly more power than 4.0. He returned my money even as the unit was 2 weeks old already, so no problem.

Then on Saturday I bought an Aigo M80D which lasted for a whole 4 hours before the sensor that makes the screen rotate failed. Went back to the shop in Tuckom Pattaya, and got a replacement which turned out to be used by someone previous for almost a month. Clearly visible from the files saved with date and time on the harddisk and almost all the games unlocked.

Further on they advertise it on their brochure to have IPS screen, but it is in fact an ordinary TFT-TN screen.

The shop and the headoffice refused to take back the unit. Someone from the management at the headoffice said they just write IPS on the brochure because the screen is " as good as " an IPS screen. whistling.gif

Another one at the same headoffice told me they could upgrade it to IPS by uploading a different software laugh.png

The board of consumer protection however made them change their mind about refusing to return my money.

The Ainol Novo 10 Hero has good reviews and carries an 8000 mAh battery, has wifi and bluetooth, a 1280 x 800 IPS screen and Cortex A9 dual core cpu. 1 Gb ram and 16 Gb flash.

I fancied the Onda v812 but was a bit worried about the battery life, as i read reviews which said it lasted 2 hours and a little.Make sure you read the test reports on the Android forums, since the CPU is clocked at 1 Ghz instead of 1.5 Ghz as written in the specifications, and would not outperform the 1.5 Ghz dualcore. Any overclock to 1.2 Ghz makes the system crash.

Let's hope that the Ainol delivers and doesn't fail, because I'm sure that you've all read in the warranty's of those Chinese tablets that it only covers labour costs for 1 year. smile.png

It is clearly written in the warranty rules that parts are at the cost of the customer even during the 1 year warranty.

Went back to the shop in Tuckom Pattaya, and got a replacement which turned out to be used by someone previous for almost a month. Clearly visible from the files saved with date and time on the harddisk and almost all the games unlocked.

Further on they advertise it on their brochure to have IPS screen, but it is in fact an ordinary TFT-TN screen.

The shop and the headoffice refused to take back the unit. Someone from the management at the headoffice said they just write IPS on the brochure because the screen is " as good as " an IPS screen. whistling.gif

Another one at the same headoffice told me they could upgrade it to IPS by uploading a different software laugh.png

The board of consumer protection however made them change their mind about refusing to return my money.

Gotta love Thai retailing! bah.gif Next thing you know, they'll decide to start printing their warranty paperwork in invisible ink. whistling.gif

JB, I've read before about the Thai consumer protection board, but pretty much assumed it is useless/worthless like most of the rest of the government here. Were you actually able to get them engaged on your behalf, and if so, how did you manage to accomplish that, and what if anything did they do?

Went back to the shop in Tuckom Pattaya, and got a replacement which turned out to be used by someone previous for almost a month. Clearly visible from the files saved with date and time on the harddisk and almost all the games unlocked.

Gotta love Thai retailing! bah.gif Next thing you know, they'll decide to start printing their warranty paperwork in invisible ink. whistling.gif

JB, I've read before about the Thai consumer protection board, but pretty much assumed it is useless/worthless like most of the rest of the government here. Were you actually able to get them engaged on your behalf, and if so, how did you manage to accomplish that, and what if anything did they do?

The consumer protection board is very powerful and very helpful. Large companies are scared to death from them.

As I said, I had talked with the shopowner twice for over an hour already, and also with the headoffice for more than an hour, and they plain refused to return any money. After the OCPB had a word with the shopowner he was more than happy he could change his decision and return my money.

Keep in mind that the concerned shop has 73 branches in Thailand along with a afew hundred branches under a different name.

I have had help fom the OCPB on 4 other occasions which involved much more money, and where the particular companies were playing games with me for an extended time and even refused to answer my calls, after the OCPB contacted them it took between a few hours and a a week to be full refunded in every case.

I have the experience now that in most cases, especially with the bigger companies, that only mentioning that you are aware of the consumer board office will make them jump.

Edited by jbrain
  • Like 1

Let's hope that the Ainol delivers and doesn't fail, because I'm sure that you've all read in the warranty's of those Chinese tablets that it only covers labour costs for 1 year. smile.pngIt is clearly written in the warranty rules that parts are at the cost of the customer even during the 1 year warranty.

Very good info in your post...thanks. I do have some questions about the warranty remarks.

Are you talking "all Chinese tablets" or just the Ainol tablets? Did your tablets come with a warranty written in English (sounds like it) or maybe you have a website that states the warranty in English? I've never seen a warranty for consumer type products which states it covers labor only; parts not included. But doing some googling I did see some links come up implying such although the links I found were skimpy on details. Or maybe you are talking the warranty provided by the store?Seems electronics warranties for this part of the world are pretty much labor and parts for 1 year (excluding accessories with the end item like chargers which may only be 3 or 6 months), with the owner incurring shipping cost to the repair location. And of course the seller (online store or brick-and-mortar store) may provide their own warranty for items they sold.

But I can realize the warranty concern when buying any item...I know it was a concern for me because stuff does break/don't quite work as advertised sometimes. I know when I bought my Onda V971 I figured all the docs (including warranty) would be in the Chinese language...and it was...but various English websites said the warranty was 1 year. So, I asked the stored owner about the warranty...he said one year...but it's not like I took his answer as gospel especially in Thailand. I then asked him some what-if questions of: What if it breaks in a few days?....He said bring it back to him. I then said, what if it breaks in 3 months?....He said bring it back to him. I didn't ask any more warranty questions after that...bought the tablet...brought it home.

And as discussed in some of my earlier posts on my V971 battery problem, I did have to take it back to him after 2 weeks for a battery charging problem which appeared a few days after I bought the item and he handled the tablet repair/battery replacement. I've had the V971 back now for 18 days and it's still working fine...battery charging fine with good run time..I'm still running ICS vs JB since JB seemed to drain the battery significantly faster and pulled lower AnTuTu benchmark scores.

Really been enjoying it especially since the Onda firmware comes "rooted" which allows use of some Apps like Titanium Backup Pro which work best or only work on rooted devices...just using and reading up on Titanium Backup use and operation has made me much smarter on core/low level Android operating system features...definitely a sweet App. Another neat thing about using Titanium Backup is being able to "freeze/disable" certain system-level Apps (i.e., Apps that come as part of the ROM/firmware and you can't "uninstall" them by going into the device's Settings, Apps section...you can only disable them). Some people call these Apps "bloatware" and they do eat away at your battery while running in the background. I know my Onda V971 came with around a half dozen system-level bloatware Apps that were only in the Chinese language...just eating up valuable ROM/storage space even when disabled. But after freezing/disabling them for a few days to ensure everything sill worked fine, I have since completely uninstalled them to free up space...and in one case for the WPS app I loaded an Enlish language version from Google Play. But if necessary I can reinstall one or all of the bloatware/Chinese language only Apps in a heartbeat using Titanium from backup without having to re-flash/reload the entire firmware. There are other Apps out there that offer some of the capabilities in freezing/uninstalling/backing-up App but Titinaim Backup Pro seems to have it all in one easily to use App.

Yeap, a rooted device allows me to "tinker & experiment" more with my tablet...I just hope I don't tinker so much I brick it!

Edited by Pib

Let's hope that the Ainol delivers and doesn't fail, because I'm sure that you've all read in the warranty's of those Chinese tablets that it only covers labour costs for 1 year. smile.pngIt is clearly written in the warranty rules that parts are at the cost of the customer even during the 1 year warranty.

Very good info in your post...thanks. I do have some questions about the warranty remarks.

Are you talking "all Chinese tablets" or just the Ainol tablets? Did your tablets come with a warranty written in English (sounds like it) or maybe you have a website that states the warranty in English? I've never seen a warranty for consumer type products which states it covers labor only; parts not included. But doing some googling I did see some links come up implying such although the links I found were skimpy on details. Or maybe you are talking the warranty provided by the store?Seems electronics warranties for this part of the world are pretty much labor and parts for 1 year (excluding accessories with the end item like chargers which may only be 3 or 6 months), with the owner incurring shipping cost to the repair location. And of course the seller (online store or brick-and-mortar store) may provide their own warranty for items they sold.

But I can realize the warranty concern when buying any item...I know it was a concern for me because stuff does break/don't quite work as advertised sometimes. I know when I bought my Onda V971 I figured all the docs (including warranty) would be in the Chinese language...and it was...but various English websites said the warranty was 1 year. So, I asked the stored owner about the warranty...he said one year...but it's not like I took his answer as gospel especially in Thailand. I then asked him some what-if questions of: What if it breaks in a few days?....He said bring it back to him. I then said, what if it breaks in 3 months?....He said bring it back to him. I didn't ask any more warranty questions after that...bought the tablet...brought it home.

And as discussed in some of my earlier posts on my V971 battery problem, I did have to take it back to him after 2 weeks for a battery charging problem which appeared a few days after I bought the item and he handled the tablet repair/battery replacement. I've had the V971 back now for 18 days and it's still working fine...battery charging fine with good run time..I'm still running ICS vs JB since JB seemed to drain the battery significantly faster and pulled lower AnTuTu benchmark scores.

Really been enjoying it especially since the Onda firmware comes "rooted" which allows use of some Apps like Titanium Backup Pro which work best or only work on rooted devices...just using and reading up on Titanium Backup use and operation has made me much smarter on core/low level Android operating system features...definitely a sweet App. Another neat thing about using Titanium Backup is being able to "freeze/disable" certain system-level Apps (i.e., Apps that come as part of the ROM/firmware and you can't "uninstall" them by going into the device's Settings, Apps section...you can only disable them). Some people call these Apps "bloatware" and they do eat away at your battery while running in the background. I know my Onda V971 came with around a half dozen system-level bloatware Apps that were only in the Chinese language...just eating up valuable ROM/storage space even when disabled. But after freezing/disabling them for a few days to ensure everything sill worked fine, I have since completely uninstalled them to free up space...and in one case for the WPS app I loaded an Enlish language version from Google Play. But if necessary I can reinstall one or all of the bloatware/Chinese language only Apps in a heartbeat using Titanium from backup without having to re-flash/reload the entire firmware. There are other Apps out there that offer some of the capabilities in freezing/uninstalling/backing-up App but Titinaim Backup Pro seems to have it all in one easily to use App.

Yeap, a rooted device allows me to "tinker & experiment" more with my tablet...I just hope I don't tinker so much I brick it!

I base my comments on the warranty terms of the Thai store of course, since you buy from them and they are the only ones within your reach.

It may be different from shop to shop , but the only one so far I could find warranty terms published was digilife.

http://www.digilifeg...31101/onda-v812

Below is a google translate of those warranty terms published in Thai.

One. Wages 1 year free repair warranty excluding parts used in warranty (4) and solve software free for 1 year.

2. A guarantee is effective from the date of purchase. Fill in the details and the date of purchase.

3. A warranty is subject to damages resulting from the use of the correct way, and the damage caused by the failure of the manufacturer.

4th. Products for a period of one year maintenance under the following conditions store.

4.1 Problems arising from the use of any software that is causing the machine to hold the lock code or install the shock first software version. Customers can get a free one year.

4.2 Problems caused by hardware such as circuit boards, touch screen damage from normal use. Free 6 month repair warranty from date of purchase. If the repair is more than the free labor only. Customer is responsible for the cost of the parts themselves. If no replacement parts. It does not cost any more.

4.3 Consumables Transmitter Charger Earphone USB cable OTG cable, battery replaced within one month warranty under normal use only.

Five. Products are guaranteed by the following conditions. Customer must pay for parts to repair the product yourself.

5.1 air drop of moisture hit the wrong accessories in damage to the equipment. The touch screen is damaged circuit boards etc.

5.2 Plug the device to the USB port, memory card, etc. Power Switch Room charts fracture or deformation to the original circuit.

5.3 The machine is not equipped with a customer, such as in firmware up the wrong way. Using the wrong voltage. Modification of the product.

6. Replace the product with a new product from the manufacturer within 7 days, item must not scratch the body will change only if there is a problem with the parts.

* Customer must provide a guarantee that all the goods have been servicing or repair by the warranty card must be fully completed. The date of purchase. If the warranty card is lost. Customers are required to pay for the spare parts and the service itself.

They may offer you a better service if possible, at least that is what I experienced as they refunded me without discussion after having the unit for 2 weeks, but I guess they just cover their backs as they also depend on the Chinese suppliers far away.

These Thai dealers purchase a certain amount of tablets and get a certain percentage of that order added in spare parts.That's how the business deals with Chinese manufacturers works. So they can give warranty as long as their spare parts stock lasts.

Now these are the warranty terms from Digilife which are openly published on their website, I'm not gonna hold my breath that a stall in a local shopping mall or a website that doesn't publish their warranty conditions will offer better conditions.

Edited by jbrain

I base my comments on the warranty terms of the Thai store of course, since you buy from them and they are the only ones within your reach.

It may be different from shop to shop....

Wise words especially for many Chinese products, tablets or whatever, especially those sold in Thailand. I did some more googling on warranty on various brands (i.e., Onda, Ainol, whatever Chinese tablet) and went to some of these online sales sites to see what their warranty conditions were. When reading their warranty conditions, while it was clear many provided a one year warranty for labor and parts in many cases it was also clear you would need to deal with them versus the manufacturer. And if you had ordered from that online store that may have been in another country, shipping an item back/out of Thailand/back into Thailand could take a while and/or get little pricey especially if hit with customs when the repaired item is shipped back to you.

Now, that 1 year parts & labor warranty with the online seller may have just been a "one-stop-location" sales & service approach but it was probably due to the manufacturer not offering a warranty on a "individual person" basis like you said. Instead, when resellers bought tablets from the manufacturers the sellers knew upfront the warranty coverage would be their responsibility...all part of the low cost. Now, maybe the resellers had a deal with the manufacturer that the reseller could return broken tablets for a credit/replacement but that could only be done between the manufacturer and reseller; not the manufacturer and end customer/tablet buyer. Now for customers buying and living in China I expect they may have access to some in-country service centers from some googling I did on Onda tablets....probably the same for other Chinese tablets.

Definitely a good idea to be very inquisitive about the warranty coverage especially when all the documentation is not in a language you can read...like the warranty is for how long...what is covered...labor and/or parts...where are the service locations in Thailand if any...etc. Probably best to buy from a store which you feel will directly handle any warranty repair needs. Cheers.

Edited by Pib