Red Bull Heir Did 'coke' Before Bangkok Accident

webfact

What else has this kid bought his way out of in the past ?

I can imagine a lot of cops will be pissed off if he is jailed.

Maybe nothing, perhaps?

And he's not a kid, can you lot who keep referring to him as a kid read? He's an adult, nearer to 30 than 20 years old.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What else has this kid bought his way out of in the past ?

I can imagine a lot of cops will be pissed off if he is jailed.

Maybe nothing, perhaps?

And he's not a kid, can you lot who keep referring to him as a kid read? He's an adult, nearer to 30 than 20 years old.

Age has nothing to do with it. I've seen a few 60 year old kids around. :rolleyes:

Above post may contain matter offensive to some. Parental guidance is advised.

"Police have also asked medical experts to verify how the use of cocaine can affect one's mental abilities..." ...assume there are more than enough drug de.... ahemm, police officers who can answer this question "by heart" smile.png

Why does it matter how it affects the mind? It is a proscribed illegal drug, with a separate charge for its use apart from any driving offence. It may also be included as a driving offence if the Thai version of "Driving Under the Influence" law covers it.

Yes, it doesn't matter what the Thai "experts" may say about the effects of cocaine are on driving ability. The law clearly states that it is an offence to drive while intoxicated by alcohol or drugs. There is no definition of the amount of cocaine required in the bloodstream to be classified as intoxicated, in the way there is for alcohol, but that is not necessary. I can't imagine that a defence based on the argument that it was perfectly legal to drive with less than a certain amount of a class A illegal substance in the bloodstream would have a big chance of success in any jurisdiction. More worrying for Boss I would think is that Thai drug law I believe classes possession of traces of illegal drugs in the blood as an offence against narcotics laws. Kids seem to get hauled off to jail for for failing yaba tests at nightspots. I expect that Boss will be put under some pressure to reveal the hi-so friends he scores his stash from too, so that they can also be squeezed for cash, unless they are so untouchable that they don't even need to pay bribes.

Anyway, as you all know, this is just a build up by Chalerm et al to raise the price of the eventual acquittal or suspended sentence. In two years' time, when all the dust has settled, Boss will be paraded as a model citizen who has learned the benefits of sobriety, hard work and donation to charity. Perhaps he will even get to teach a Ferrari safe driving course to other spaced out young punks in the same way as Chalerm's son now teaches a pistol shooting course on the strength of his famous bull's eye from two centimetres.

Edited by Arkady
  • Like 1

Isn't it death penalty for using drugs in Thailand?

Anyway, I doubt they will put him in prison since hes Hi-So and he haven't shown up to court, that means he's already gone. He's buying himself time to talk with someone higher than the police, so that he can buy himself out of the trouble. I'll bet the next news report will be about him disapearing and they cannot find him. And they might say they have issued a international police warrant but it wont be the truth.

Even if they have his passports, Thailand passports isn't that good made like the ones in Europe and shouldn't be that hard to fake. Or in his case, he could probably buy a new one right off the government.

Anyway looked at this is now or will soon become a "political matter" because: 1. it is political appointees will decide ultimately if this case ever goes to trial; 2. If it does go to trial it will at some point be a political appointee (a judge at some level) who will render or affirm a verdict of guilt or not, and the punishment (if found guilty); and 3. money buys great "political influence" in The Kingdom.

My 2 satang on the question for the reaction of Red Bull Intl.?

They don't care!

1st hardly anyone in the "real world" cares about what is going on in Thailand (as long as none of "us" are directly participating eg. airport closure, red-uprising, tsunami) and therefor hardly anyone knows that Red Bull is Thai or even heard about this case. I know, because I am in contact with friends in Germany. No one has even heard of this case. So even if he walks (and he will) the rest of the world will given even less sh@t, than Thailand does. 2nd Red Bull is (literally) on cloud 9 with the PR they got for Felix Baumgaertners strato- jump or Sebastian vettel being back in the top-spot for F1- champion. So again...no one cares!

It is a shame, but the fact that some of us (farang that live in Thailand) are outraged about this, doesn't count anything in the outside world. ...and for sure, it doesn't count here!

I agree 100% with your thinking, but I'm hoping against hope that the cops are determined he goes down for taking one of their own

Any more news on this? Have the police issued an arrest warrant or did he show up?

Of course I know the answer. He has probably left the country and will return in a few months when all the commotion has died down, pay 10 million to the cops and a few others involved in this case and then walk free. Thai style.

No way will he go to prison.

Edited by petedk

Anyway, I doubt they will put him in prison since hes Hi-So and he haven't shown up to court, that means he's already gone. He's buying himself time to talk with someone higher than the police, so that he can buy himself out of the trouble. I'll bet the next news report will be about him disapearing and they cannot find him. And they might say they have issued a international police warrant but it wont be the truth.

Even if they have his passports, Thailand passports isn't that good made like the ones in Europe and shouldn't be that hard to fake. Or in his case, he could probably buy a new one right off the government.

No, normally around 10,000 baht fine, if it gets too court.

I sense a lot of jealousy here. How many of you would use your money/friends to keep you out of jail?

I bet you use your money to escape going to the police station to get your drivers license.

I certainly would.

Edited by Johnniey

No, normally around 10,000 baht fine, if it gets too court.

I sense a lot of jealousy here. How many of you would use your money/friends to keep you out of jail?

I bet you use your money to escape going to the police station to get your drivers license.

I certainly would.

Sure. But I'd also use my money and/or influence to try and get the idiot who killed my friend.

My wife had worked for the Red Bull corp. prior to the founders death. Spoke highly of him yet very poorly of his kids and grand children being greedy brats. Soon after his death, many of the benefits and perks of working at Red Bull were removed to increase profits and save money for the company. many of the workers who have been there for10 years and more are leaving in droves. And the Children and grand children are running the company into the ground in no time.

Than its good for -RED BULL- that the Greater Part of the International Management is at least until now, left in the 49% Austrian Partner

and Manager Mr. Mateschitz who made RED BULL Internationally great and brought on the red carpet and in the limelight!

I read in the Bangkok Post this morning that he has asked the police for a postponement without giving any date to attend for questioning, the police are going to seek an arrest warrent if he doesn't front shortly.

Sent from my GT-I9003

I read in the Bangkok Post this morning that he has asked the police for a postponement without giving any date to attend for questioning, the police are going to seek an arrest warrent if he doesn't front shortly.

Sent from my GT-I9003

He'll probably front shortly in Monaco.

Sent from my GT-I9003

Either he's either gonna split, or he's still "working out the finer details" with a higher authority.

I simply just cannot understand everyone here! Hoping & dying with their heart to see this rich young man do hard prison time!?? Is it because he is so rich and you are not!?! Is it because you are sour grapes and self righteous?! Why, there are so many more morons, goons, dirty rotten scoundrels and rascals out there than this young man who owned a Ferrari and you don't!! Why wish so much for him to be put away to do hard time? Knowing very well, it will kill him!

Well, look in the mirror, you are no better off being a sour grapes and a hypocrite!

I wish with all my heart that he will repent; being his first time and not have to do hard time. Maybe some social obligations for him to perform but definitely not hard time. That will break him for sure. I am nowhere as rich as him but being in his shoes, that will kill me!

Forgive him and may God Bless Him.

My 2 satang on the question for the reaction of Red Bull Intl.?

They don't care!

1st hardly anyone in the "real world" cares about what is going on in Thailand (as long as none of "us" are directly participating eg. airport closure, red-uprising, tsunami) and therefor hardly anyone knows that Red Bull is Thai or even heard about this case. I know, because I am in contact with friends in Germany. No one has even heard of this case. So even if he walks (and he will) the rest of the world will given even less sh@t, than Thailand does. 2nd Red Bull is (literally) on cloud 9 with the PR they got for Felix Baumgaertners strato- jump or Sebastian vettel being back in the top-spot for F1- champion. So again...no one cares!

It is a shame, but the fact that some of us (farang that live in Thailand) are outraged about this, doesn't count anything in the outside world. ...and for sure, it doesn't count here!

I agree 100% with your thinking, but I'm hoping against hope that the cops are determined he goes down for taking one of their own

Why?!? Because he is rich and you are not?? Har! Look in the mirror, you are no better off being a hypocrite or rather; sour grapes!

I simply just cannot understand everyone here! Hoping & dying with their heart to see this rich young man do hard prison time!?? Is it because he is so rich and you are not!?! Is it because you are sour grapes and self righteous?! Why, there are so many more morons, goons, dirty rotten scoundrels and rascals out there than this young man who owned a Ferrari and you don't!! Why wish so much for him to be put away to do hard time? Knowing very well, it will kill him!

Well, look in the mirror, you are no better off being a sour grapes and a hypocrite!

I wish with all my heart that he will repent; being his first time and not have to do hard time. Maybe some social obligations for him to perform but definitely not hard time. That will break him for sure. I am nowhere as rich as him but being in his shoes, that will kill me!

You should refrain from posting and go back to taking weird, semi-nude pictures of yourself. (dear god i hope no one else was in that gym)

• Like 1

As this man killed a person in a hit and run, family tried to set up a member of staff to take responsibility and has on numerous occasions failed to appear before police, please let us know why he deserves compassion. Going to prison may indeed not be very constructive for him, but when has he or his family showed any contrition other than paying obligatory compensation for the victims family. Many are increasingly appalled in the manner that members of Thai society take no responsibility for their actions and use corruption as their tool in trade to avoid punishment, as this family has tried to do.

If the family announced a well funded program e.g. drug and alcohol rehabilitation unit/s with professional staff and housing it would at a minimum show some concern for the less fortunate in Thai society. As far as I am aware nothing the family has done to date sincerely demonstrates any act of concern or taking responsibility other than the usual media rituals.

• Like 2

I think people want see him do time like everyone else because he ran down a human being and took off not even bothering to see if he was alive. He left him like a bit of road kill and then he tried to cover it up. It has nothing to do with him being rich or posters being jealous of his wealth. Many want to see him treated like anyone else and pay for his crime in time and not baht.

• Like 2

Dude...was the stuff in your protein- shake or where do you buy it?

seriously...I would like some.

With your remarks you are SO FAR OFF anything, I really hope, it was drugs!

Masaomi,

I dont think many people here are simply wishing to hang him dry because of who he is, i think the overwhelming feeling is that people want justice to be served, should he be found guilty of what is alleged. You dont have to be overly rich to get high on coke and booze and mow someone over, but what generates the furore is that if it was most people driving a Mazda, they would already be kept in on remand.

Whilst i dont doubt there is an underlying element of jealousy at some point (I would love a Ferrari), the suspicion remains that he did these crimes, and should be punished as you or I would be.

Yeah, to keep it real it does sound like sour grapes. Odd that there isn't much criticism of the victim's family readily taking the 'payoff' blood money.

:-|

Yes, it does seem strange but maybe they know that if they dont accept it, then they will get diddly squat and he will still walk free, or at least never properly answer the charges against him. Probably inbetween a rock and hard place no doubt.

• Like 2