Add Brother To Company

whoppe78

I have unlimited company which I havn't used but have been paying taxes for last 5 years.It was set up in Pattaya with company that specializes in start up companies.There's me and the company share holders who make up company. A couple questions.Since I only have 49 % in company can they take over any of my assets in the future.I want to add my brother to company for his new bussiness, which would be in Bangkok.I don't have any employees per say now but he will be adding a couple.Is there any problem in that senario?Plus can I change the share holders at any time.Maybe just me,my brother and 1-2 Thais we can trust?I am coming to Pattaya and Bangkok next week and would like to meet with a lawyer to discuss this.I would gladly pay for any services this would require.

You don't mention what kind of shareholder set up you have currently, do the other shareholders have preferred shares for instance. It is possible to add other shareholders but it would dilute your shares since you own 49% and the company must be majority Thai owned. Changing the majority shareholders could be problematic, it would be best if you could come into our offices with your company paperwork so that one of our lawyers can look it over.

Please send a Personal Message with your email and I will get in touch with you directly

Greg

[sunbelt][/sunbelt]