New Pheu Thai Chief Says He'll Work To Bring Thaksin Home

webfact

If it's all just 'political' then surely there is no evidence of wrongdoing, or evidence was fabricated. I would have fought over the last few years this would have come to light and cases reopened. Why not? Even with his family in power he can still not return....why not?

Perhaps there is NO evidence of trial wrongdoing or fabrication of trial evidence worthy of reopening the case. If there was wouldn't they have done so. That would surely be the best way to remove Thaksin's CRIMINAL status. A pardon or reconciliation process doesn't do that it only removes the necessity of serving time in prison.

The whole thing may have been political in that they chose to single out Thaksin and leave many other known corrupt politicians alone but it most certainly wasn't FABRICATED.

• Like 1

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BANGKOK: -- Bringing fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra back to the country within this government's term is one of Charupong Ruangsuwan's missions as Pheu Thai leader, the newly elected party chief conceded to The Nation during an exclusive interview yesterday.

"My [main] focus is not to get Thaksin home, but to help farmers, the grass roots," he said.

Rather than "help farmers, the grass roots", Charupong is today outlining how the party is preparing to restart the constitutional amendments and amnesty efforts process as well ramrodding through misnamed "reconciliation" bills.

All of which he plans to accomplish during this Parliamentary session.

Lots of stuff for Thaksin.

a post violating forum rule #15 and reply to it deleted

15) Not to use ThaiVisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. You also agree not to post negative comments criticizing the legal proceedings or judgments of any Thai court of law.

/Admin

If it's all just 'political' then surely there is no evidence of wrongdoing, or evidence was fabricated. I would have fought over the last few years this would have come to light and cases reopened. Why not? Even with his family in power he can still not return....why not?

Perhaps there is NO evidence of trial wrongdoing or fabrication of trial evidence worthy of reopening the case. If there was wouldn't they have done so. That would surely be the best way to remove Thaksin's CRIMINAL status. A pardon or reconciliation process doesn't do that it only removes the necessity of serving time in prison.

The whole thing may have been political in that they chose to single out Thaksin and leave many other known corrupt politicians alone but it most certainly wasn't FABRICATED.

True, the evidence in the case where he was convicted (2 years jail) was not fabricated. He knowingly broke the law, a serious law about abuse of power, and nothing political whatever. And, as already said here a thousand times he was convicted and sentenced whilst his brother-in-law was PM, from his own party.

Most of the other cases cannot proceed because he didn't show in court to hear the charges. Just ask around to some learned Thai folks and they will tell you there are problems with evidence in some of these cases because the senior, and other, beaurocrats have destroyed the evidence.

Why, because they know if scrutinized it will reveal them as part of the gravy train. And/or they seriously fear appearing in court because they would have to seriously purjer themselves to avoid their own conviction - not a wise move. And added to that they strongly fear if they cooperate and if the paymaster returns they will suffer further serious punishments.

As already mentioned, it's like the old Thai saying; Riding the tiger is very dangerous. Once your on board you can't get off!

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 2

I would love to see TS successfully return to Thailand just to see all of the line towers on TV wet their panties.

I'm not sure what it is you teach, but I can only hope it's not English, Logic or Philosophy. If it's Economics, you might spare FarangTalk an hour or 2 of your time.

Having an electricity industry background, "line towers" has a different meaning to me, causing a few seconds confusion. Do you have tows on your feets?

I would love to see TS successfully return to Thailand just to see all of the line towers on TV wet their panties.

I'm not sure what it is you teach, but I can only hope it's not English, Logic or Philosophy. If it's Economics, you might spare FarangTalk an hour or 2 of your time.

Having an electricity industry background, "line towers" has a different meaning to me, causing a few seconds confusion. Do you have tows on your feets?

Could also be 'line throwers"?

Yes, prolly line toers.

What does successfully return mean?

This isn't the 19th century you know? Travelling from one continent to another no longer involves months at sea with the perils of storms, pirates and disease.

Thaksin has a private jet and the trip would take a matter of hours. How could his return possibly not be successful?

This isn't the 19th century you know? Travelling from one continent to another no longer involves months at sea with the perils of storms, pirates and disease.

Thaksin has a private jet and the trip would take a matter of hours. How could his return possibly not be successful?

Mid-air assassination attempt (it would be like the seventeenth try, according to Thaksin).

rolleyes.gif

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 1

Mid-air assassination attempt (it would be like the seventeenth try, according to Thaksin).

rolleyes.gif

If you have seen the Matt Damon drama "The Good Shepherd" you might recall just the way to do it. Son's fiancee from memory.

Maybe if he returns we'll also see a return of the halcyon days of economic prosperity, low crime and unity that were the underpinnings of his tenure from 2001 until 2005.

Anything that lessens the power and influence of the Army and their backers is a good thing IMO.

I don't really see how Thaksin's return to Thailand now can cause a similar global economic boom that he benefited from while he was in office.

• Like 1

Maybe if he returns we'll also see a return of the halcyon days of economic prosperity, low crime and unity that were the underpinnings of his tenure from 2001 until 2005.

Anything that lessens the power and influence of the Army and their backers is a good thing IMO.

I don't really see how Thaksin's return to Thailand now can cause a similar global economic boom that he benefited from while he was in office.

To his fans, he's just that omnipotent that his return to Thailand would do just that.

rolleyes.gif

Thailand couldn't be so lucky as a successful outcome.

Maybe tows on foot in mouth.

rolleyes.gif

If you have seen the Matt Damon drama "The Good Shepherd" you might recall just the way to do it. Son's fiancee from memory.

But surely he has the ability, to fly through the air, like a bird or a plane ? laugh.png

Or is that DPM Super-Chalerm ? rolleyes.gif

I'd like to thank Mr Thaksin for keeping so many people occupied on this forum during their twilight years. As a central figure in the remaining time of their lives, he shoulders a great responsibility quite effortlessly.

It's not that which he shoulders, it's the vast quantities that he pockets that distinguishes the man - quite likely the greatest thief this country has ever known.

BTW though having quite a few years myself, I intend to outlive the mongrel. It is a pity he will most likely be cremated, as it would be very satisfying for me to piss on his grave.

Edited by OzMick