Yamaha R4

dogpoo

this rumour has been around for a few years now... anyway, hope Yamaha don't go down the same road as Honda & Kawasaki and masquerade low budget single and parallel twins as full on sports bikes rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

this rumour has been around for a few years now... anyway, hope Yamaha don't go down the same road as Honda & Kawasaki and masquerade low budget single and parallel twins as full on sports bikes rolleyes.gif

Love the CBR250R the best bike I have owned since being in Thailand!!

Sad thing is they have the ability & the history to do so much better

"250 cc 4-stroke liquid cooled single cylinder "...........bah.gif ... why can't they at least make a triple !!

Yeah that is what I mean & not like they don't have the skills

or even the blueprints smile.png

These bikes were roughly 140 KG

Honda CBR250RR inline 4

Made 1986-1999 but restricted HP after 1994.. 40-45hp

300px-JoshHarrisCBR2.jpg

Yamaha FZR 250 again 4cyl 40-45 HP

Made from 1986-1994

220px-1988_FZR_250_2KR.jpg

Suzuki GSX R250

1987-1990 45HP

250px-My_GSX-R250.JPG

Kawasaki has the Ninja ZXR250

1988-1998

Then there were 400cc bikes too smile.png

Edited by mania

"250 cc 4-stroke liquid cooled single cylinder "...........bah.gif ... why can't they at least make a triple !!

Yeah that is what I mean & not like they don't have the skills

or even the blueprints smile.png

These bikes were roughly 140 KG

Honda CBR250RR inline 4

Made 1986-1999 but restricted HP after 1994.. 40-45hp

300px-JoshHarrisCBR2.jpg

Yamaha FZR 250 again 4cyl 40-45 HP

Made from 1986-1994

220px-1988_FZR_250_2KR.jpg

Suzuki GSX R250

1987-1990 45HP

250px-My_GSX-R250.JPG

Kawasaki has the Ninja ZXR250

1988-1998

Then there were 400cc bikes too smile.png

Weren't they also priced in the 600-1000cc range also?

Weren't they also priced in the 600-1000cc range also?

No I remember they were about right given their place in the line up.

But I will say this.

I always felt they went away to force riders onto bigger costlier bikes

that the Big 4 did better profit on.

The truth is the power & weight of these bikes were such that many riders would never

upgrade as it suited their purpose & they knew what they would give up in weight.

You see what the stock HP figures were?

For many folks a light fast accelerating bike is all they need for fun & function.

Even when I had a 600RR I would do better than most 900-1000 bikes in the twisty hills

But I also had a 900RR & that was the choice for longer rides because of comfort.

Just less buzzing in the pegs & grips.

Just depends what folks want out of a bike...Sport, Distance, or daily commuter functional bike?

For sport riders power to weight will always give the biggest grins.

Acceleration from corner to corner, flick-ability, lighter weight also lets you go deeper before braking

You can get power to weight on bigger bikes too of course.

But if you like the higher RPM ranges smaller displacements lives there & accelerate quickly from corner to corner

as you live in that upper RPM range.

Just adds up to more grins at least it always did for me.

And I have owned all classes of bikes but most of my racing was done on smaller class bikes smile.png

PS: I forgot to mention these bikes were not available in the US

except as a "grey import"

Edited by mania

it might look lovely but competition in this segment is fierce now especially after ninja 300!

I am not sure how will lit compete against Ninja 300 or rock solid and proven Honda cbr250 with only one cylinder?

It looks like a bike designed for Indian and Asian market!

If it's a 35hp twin as mentioned in Thai language bike forums it's competition will be the Kawasaki 300, not the Honda 250 which is good at what it does but would be outclassed in this company. India is a likely market for the bike. Here? Who knows, we've been deceived in the past.

http://www.thaispysh...a91&topic=437.0

2012-Yamaha-YZF-R250-India.jpg

With Honda and Kawasaki selling hot 250cc bikes, why wouldn't Yamaha make one, too. Looks great to be honest, now if it only had a bit more than 250cc... tongue.png

You are absolutely right, Yamaha should and probably will make a bike to compete soon.

But i'm sorry to say that this picture is totally misleading when it comes to the bike’s rolling chassis, sure the plastics might look similar on the production model but no way in hell is it going to have the alloy chassis, alloy swing arm, R1 brakes, Fully adjustable USD etc etc.

It would be nice to see a new player in the market but this pictures is no way near acurate.....?

If it is I'll get my girlfriend to photograph me eating some durian and i hate that bloody stuff!

it might look lovely but competition in this segment is fierce now especially after ninja 300!

I am not sure how will lit compete against Ninja 300 or rock solid and proven Honda cbr250 with only one cylinder?

It looks like a bike designed for Indian and Asian market!

Not the N300, but this is also only against a Yamaha road legal 250cc dual-sport bike wink.png

skip in to 1:50 for the drag,

Edited by denkiblue555